1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A Week ago tonight... sniff sniff

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by StickyFingers007, Sep 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StickyFingers007

StickyFingers007 Namer of T2V Gatherings

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I'm sooo bummed right now. Exactly one week ago this hour we were about to start the best night we've had as a group EVER... And now i'm at home watching some stupid show on TV and it's about to snow...
    I WANT TO GO BACK!!!!!!!!! I'm an addict...
    "Hi my name is Sticky Fingers and i've been away from vegas for 6 days".. " Hi sticky welcome to the group"
    Is there a group for us hopeless Canadians who have to wait 5 years to go back??

Sad Sticky Fingers. [​IMG]

2. Shane

Shane Tourist

FIVE YEARS!!!! Oh please don't wait that long, I don't know if I could possibly go more than 5 months, much less 5 YEARS.

I am sorry!!! But tell me it isn't so!!! :eek:

3. Bosco

Bosco VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're going the first aeek in April, sticky....wanna come along?

4. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I shouldn't rub it in, but we're going the last weekend in October, then 3rd weekend in March...ah, it's nice to have 2 trips planned at once... :D

Wait a minute, did you say 5 YEARS?!?!? [​IMG]

You getting locked up or sent to Mars or something? Or have you been banned from the State of Nevada for a period of no less than 5 years due to your behavior last weekend... ;)

Mikey [​IMG]

[ September 20, 2002, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: HurricaneMikey ]

5. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sticky, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a LV addiction! (ok, ok, I know... almost everyone on this board is addicted to LV!)

So we all live vicariously through these boards... only problem is, these boards have become addicting as well!

6. StickyFingers007

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL Mikey!!!! No I'm not banned.. at least, not that I know of although the MGM might not want to see my face anytime soon. The five year thing is really just a figure of speach, Being Canadian it costs an arm and a leg and maybe a breast to get there!!! plus, I'll be having a nother baby in a year or two so once that rugrat is here i'll be busy for a while. so, thats where i get the 5 year thing. But hey, who knows....
    I'll see what I can do... I should get myself signed up for some group and maybe I can pass it off with some kind of " CONVENTION"... ya...... thats it..... [​IMG]
    Sticky Fingers

7. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Sticky--Keep watching the travel web sites for cheap airfare. Book a room at the absolute cheapest hotel you can find. Remember, just because you are sleping there, doesnt mean you have to stay there (sounds like you could spend a fair amount of time in VIP rooms at other hotels anyway).
    I live 12 hours from Vegas and dont get there as often as I would like. Our next trip is at the end of October (same time as Hurricanemikey), and I cannot wait. I have decided to give myself a few impossible goals with impossible deadlines. That way the time will go faster. The end of October will never get here if I just wait for our trip, but those deadlines will get here very fast. All this to trick myself into thinking time flies.

By the way, I read your trip report from the last trip. My wife has asked that you post a timeline until the next trip. I can rarely get her to accompany me to Vegas, but she will jump at the chance to witness you and your friends in action.

8. StickyFingers007

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Time line?? ummm.... okay.... I'll try. I was talking to hubby today. He came down and saw me here and says" you don't think your going back anytime soon do ya?" and I said. " Define soon" He says. When i get a new truck you can go back" Great... so now I have to wait for that? I'll be 90 when that happens. Does Studio 54 have a seniors fun night?? Crap....
    So, there ya have it..
    I'll have to set up a " STICKYS RETURN TRIP FUND" donation somewhere.. hee hee..
    Plus, there will be a baby boom soon amongst us crazy canadians. Once the flurry of diapers and mashed bananas settles down I'm sure we'll be back. I would like to make it there in March. We'll see. I'm playing every card I have. All I have to do is win a truck for hubby and I'm on my way!!! [​IMG]
    Sticky Fingers.
    p.s Were we realy that bad?? Your wife would go just to see us?? Oh my... LOL!!

9. Steveinohio

Steveinohio Tourist

Its hard for me to wait a year, and I have to wait until April (last trip was in January). Hoping uncle Sam comes thru for me and sends me a nice refund so I can make April. Will be booking my room by the end of the year just in case, to get a good rate locked in. Oh, and Stickey, you need to go April 1-4th, so we can see you in action.

10. Booger

Booger Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well let's see here Sticky--There seems to be
    alot of interest in your Vegas adventures!Did
    sound like GREAT fun.When I logged on today
    there were 1284 members---$1.00 apiece---make 30
    min. MPG movie "STICKY DOES VEGAS"for everyone
    to watch--- MMMMMMM!!!!
    I got MY dollar ready!!
    Booger

[ September 21, 2002, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Booger ]

11. MadBiochm

MadBiochm Tourist

Sticky, I can sympathize...it's probably going to be at least a couple more years before I can go back. Too many other things sucking my money away. Next trip will probably be in 2005 when my sister and her hubby have invited me to witness the renewal of their vows in LV, before Elvis, on their 25th anniversary. Although I could use some donations too, based on your trip report I'd have to say that you are much more deserving of the support of the T2V community! I'd donate myself just to get another report like that last one!

12. Beef

Beef Low-Roller

Your trip report was hilarious. You missa da Vegas?

13. jack_retired

jack_retired Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I once waited two years to return to Vegas. It was not a pretty sight. I can not amagine 5 years. You must set up a return to Vegas fund, You must find a way.

I will cry for you.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.