1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

HoyaHeel, we are anxiously awaiting your trip report upon your return.

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Michele, Aug 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele

Michele Tourist

My Trip Report

Hi HoyaHeel. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. Good luck with the house painting as well. Michele P.S I hope you played some slots. Make sure you tell us every detail.

2. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I don't want to intrude on Hoya's trip report, but I got to tell you all a funny story.

Last weekend, LV Terry sent me a message, saying how cool it would be if we could send something like a plate of cookies or a bottle of wine to Hoya's room from the T2V gang. I remembered that she was going to be staying at the Monte Carlo, but we didn't know her name. Terry said he'd ask Sonya if maybe she knew what her last name was, then we could call the hotel and send a suprise to Hoyaheel and Hoyahub.

Well, Sonya didn't know, and we gave up on it. Then on Tuesday night, I was working on my website, and was checking my guestbook emails, and she had sent me a message a couple months back, and it had her real name in the email. This was about 11 pm Tuesday night.

So, armed with her name, I started searching her posts here on Sonya's site to find out how long she was actually staying in Vegas, or if they were already on the way home. After about an hour, I found a post she'd written way back in May or June about a rate they got for 4 days or something like that at the Flamingo.

So I called the Monte Carlo in the middle of the night at told the front desk folks that I wanted to send something up to their room. After they verified that my intentions were good and I wasn't some kind of psycho, the transferred me over to room service.

I told room service that we needed to send a gift with a goofy message on it, and needed something unique. Out of all the different things we could get, and I decided to send them some champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries, with a note along the lines of "We're expecting one hell of a trip report, don't let us down! Love, HurricaneMikey, LV Terry, Sonya, and the rest of the T2V Gang".

Then the guy tells me that he couldn't call the room after 10pm, nor could they call them before 10am, even just to leave a message saying they had a gift waiting for them.

And then he said they were checking out in the morning and probably wouldn't be able to get it.

So, deflated, I thanked him for his time and sent a note to LV Terry telling him how close we came.

So, when you read this after you get back, Hoya, know that we were thinking of ya, and extremely jealous that you were there and we were not!!

Mikey

3. brooklyngirl

brooklyngirl Tourist

That was really nice of you guys. I'm sure she'll appreciate the thought.

I thought she was going to be there for a whole week. I miss reading her posts and am looking forward to reading her trip report when she gets back.

4. Michele

Michele Tourist

Tes I agree Brooklyn Girl. That was very kind of all of you , Mikey and freinds. What a nice group you are. Marina P.S Thanks for sharing the nice thoughts of Sonya, LVTerry, and yourself.Marina

5. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rats! Wished it could have happened.

For sure next time I'm in town, I'll leave the name I'm registered under and the dates I'll be gone. Please send hunky male strippers, champagne and hot fudge sundaes! [​IMG]

6. punkypete

punkypete Tourist

Although your mission was not accomplished, what a great attempt at a thoughtful gesture!! [​IMG]

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm so touched!!! Thank you for your thoughts! So far, one day of trip report is written, and I'm trying to get the rest done today--because I have to finish painting the damn house tomorrow ;) I tried to write the trip report daily in Vegas, I brought my travel journal, but there was just no time! Quickly, I promise!! You all are so sweet!! Our entire trip, I kept telling our friends that each thing we were doing I read about on this site.....

8. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sonya, exactly WHAT are you going to do with the hunky male strippers and hot fudge? :D Wait; maybe I don't want to know...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.