1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

July 3rd through 7th

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Smarra17, Jul 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smarra17

Smarra17 Poker Queen

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I am sorry this post is so late but it took me a while to recover being back in NYC. Knowing that it is going to be another year before I get to go back gets me all misty. I have already started a count down...

On to the TRIP REPORT. Two couples on the flight Samantha (ME) Frank (husband) Suzanne & John (Skippy).

Flew National on a red eye out of JFK. National filght was good (plane was old). No food but I do not want food on my way to Vegas. Was not feeling too well the day leading up to the flight but I thought it was due to nerves (I had not flown since 9-11) but that was not the case. Plane was about an hour late board and we get totally lucky no one in between Frank and I. I was feeling a bit sick but thought nothing of it, thinking that I was going to sleep for the flight. As soon as we take off I get totally dizzy and sick to my stomach needless to say I had a miserable flight on the way down (Hubby slept the whole way after I switched to the isle seat.

Treasure Island was our home for the next 4 days we landed cought a LVL and were on our way. Wound up having the flu and slept the first day away. The rest of the group walked around in 101 degree heat to the Imperial to place a bet on next year's Kentucky Derby (odds were not out yet). They went to Hard Rock to watch the silicone for a bit as well as the beautiful people. Hung around the hotel for the Venetian Fireworks but they did not go off.

Dinner was at the Cheesecake Factory, and I wish I could have eaten the food was amazing but I just could not get anything down. The menu was like a book! The Cheesecake for the desert looked almost too good to eat (sure not eat it you got to be kidding). I word of advice do not eat anything all day before coming to this hotel

I finally felt better the second day and we hung out by the pool (got a cabana) they were expensive at $85 a day but the temperature was just too much so we were glad. We stood out of the heat and relaxed.

Called it a day around 3:30 and on the way up to the room Frank had to stop and roll the bones. No luck as I was there but when I left he seemed to have a nice run.

Went to Delmonico's at the Venetian for dinner and I have to say it was one of the most amazing meals that I have ever eaten. If you are in Vegas and like steak go there.

Saturday was our last full day in Vegas so we went Downtown. I love to gamble there and love the feel of Binions when you first walk in. It has a special look. I hold it close to my heart as well as the wheel of fortunes in the back! Always play those and win every time.

Played some bj and craps in Four Queens and liked it also played in Golden Nugget (got my but kicked anyone who rolled could not hit the point). Anytime we had the numbers up and were ready to roll the dreaded number came rolling.

Cabbed it over to the Palms (was not too impressed) the beautiful people are all there but we are not part of them so we jsut watched the rolexes and leather pants walking around.

Sunday came and we had a 12:30 flight so woke up got out of bed dragged a comb across my head...and had to leave my home (maybe someday).

Some thoughts...3 1/2 days are not long enough when flying from NY! Delmonaco and Cheesecake Factory were great. It is hot in July but we go every year and love it. Thanks for reading and have a great day...Sammi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.