1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo, 4/12 - 4/16

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by garry, Apr 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garry

garry Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Ok, been reading many , many trip reports in the past. Thank you to all who write and give us many ideas.

Flight. Alaska airlines early morning 5:55 am yeah we left the house at 3:30 keep telling myself this was Vegas. Everything was smooth, taxi to Flamingo and check bag's knowing that at 9:30 the room was not ready.

Off to explore or gamble, headed to Ceasers, the wife and I save our change for up coming start to gamble big , $1.00 machines. Found those love seat chairs and lo and behold a $130 profit. Gave the wife $130, I took the hundy. This would be the last time my wife would win. Ok, off to lunch at Spago's, she had some salad me bacon wrapped meat loaf, excellent. Off to forum shops and Harrahs to gamble some more, played craps at a choppy table, got out after only losing $100. Back to check on room, 12th floor pool view, always ok nothing to major for us. Taxi to airport pick up Mom for rest of week, she rented car from Dollar, the add on's and everthing extra kinda sucked.

After clean up and on packing of to dinner at Grand Lux, pasta dish and salads all to full for dessert. Gambling time at Venetian, hit my first royal, called everyone, cashed out +$800 for day.

Tuesday
    Breakfest at Starbucks, wife needs wi-fi. Off to Gold Coast for Moms bingo fix, no luck, played machines and at other Royal Flush plus different machine 4 3's with a kicker. Looks like I'm buying lunch. Went to Fashion Sq. Mall. shopping for ladies, I'm off to will call foe Jersey Boys. ( thank you Greggo ). Back to room dress up night for all. Pictures before, WOW!! what a show, music was amazing. Purchased Cd's and picturs after show, also met some of the performers, very talented.
    Off to Spago's agian for dinner, wife like this place and always sit out on terrence. Our waiter, Scott, was fantastic, even though he drop some glasses and the Mom's purse got wet, no big deal we all help clean-up thats just what we do. So after dinner and table is cleared we all talk of Gelato, all of saying how full we are, could not eat another bite, Scott comes over and ask if we are in a hurry, No we reply, Why, He asked us would we like some espresso or capiciuno, no thank you we said. So couple mintues pass and he brings 2 beautiful dessert trays that you see on Food Network shows. Well let me tell you the ladies eyes became big and I said we will take that coffee now. I mentioned to the Manager how well ao a sever Scott is, and was he changed for dropping those drinks. The desserts were free, but I told the manager I insited on paying for them and left a gratuity above and beyond.
    Back to Flamigo the show and dinner wore us out. Time to play poker, 2-4 limit played for a couple of hours plus $120

Wednesday
    Breakfest down at coffee shop by pool, Drive to Sam's Town, Gamble and lunch at buffet, it was a buffet. Mom again played Bingo, after a couple of sessions off to Downtown. This was fun, wall to wall people, valet at Golden Nugget, dinner at Tony Roma's ribs are always good. Ladies watching shows and gambling , me poker room at Golden Nugget. Let me tell you with conventions in town everybody is a poker pro in their own mind. Drink service at GN was awesome., after another 2 plus hours $210 dollars profit. I just don't understand chasing inside straights.
    Off to Bellagio, gelato and foutain shows, always a must. Stop at Pawn Stars shop is closed, took pictuers of wife and I under sign. After shows inside to gamble, set Mom up in a certain area, me to craps table. Yeah, picked the right one, table was hot before my roll. I like to play point plus inside, pressing and increase pass line with full odds. I also play only 6 and 8 hard, $5 each and parley or $25 each after first hard way. Yeah, you guessed it caught 2 parleys on hard ways on my roll. Of course wife was behind me taking in all the black chips. Plus $1200 on table.
    Back to Flamingo for some late night poker, you know the phase shooting fish in a barrell, why do people play after drinking all night. Here is what happened to me. Second hand in I'm small blind, 2/4 limit, 9 players. Dealt K/Q diamonds, family pot. Flops comes 10/Ace/4 diamonds, I bet 2, big blinds raises 4, 3 other players raise before it gets back to me, I call. Turn 8 spades, I bet 4, 3 raisers after me, I raise 4, last raise 4 players to the river, ( I'm thinking some players have 2 pair, aces, possible straight, hoping for J diamonds for royal ) River card is 4 spades. I bet 4 , get 2 raises I raise 4 and get 3 callers, flip over the nut flush, others muck with attiude, oh well, big pot my way. played for a hour plus $260. Goodnight

Thursday

Breakfest at coffe shop, of to Gold Coast, bingo, and poker and craps. Good news wife hit 2 bingos, only time she won anything. I was plus $200 on craps and $170 on poker, cards were hitting me good, catching the flops and turns. Lunch at Maggino's always a stop, agian super with desserts. Mom likes the Venetian, poker room is huge, played craps instead, again a plus session, $5 table became $10 due to great rolls and hard ways hitting, I guess sreaming and yelling from other players gets you noticed by suits.Long gambling day at the V.

Friday

Travel Day, Mon to airport at 6:00, back to room, breakfest at Flamigo coffee shop. Wife wants to go shopping to outlet mall towards downtown, great place purchased a few things. Lunch was In/ Out Burgers, DD Animal stly. yeah it was good. Back to Pawn Stars, line was 50 -60 people deep no-way in this heat. of to Ceasers, Gave wife $300 told her $1 machines only trying to break her losing streak........Nope!. Me of to craps table, played with the boys from Philly on a hot table, my inside presses at the end of one guys roll was 100/120/120/100 on the inside, plus $800 after session, wife called early she did the walk of shame. So I suggested you purchase something nice for youself, ladies it comes in a little blue bag, Tiffenny's jewelery. Off to airport via MGM lost $400 buy-in in a hurry, oh well.
    Flight home slept the whole way, from tarmac to pulling in the gate, picked up truck and drove home.

Plus for trip was not only the money won, but seeing Mom, Jersey Boy's and all the fond memories with my loving wife. Take care, Good Luck and thanks for reading

2. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good report. makes me want to go to vegas. :beer:

Seinfield
  3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Stuff. Hope I can find a few of those craps tables you were on next month!

4. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice TR. Thanks for posting. Nice wins on the craps tables.

later, GVJ

5. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report.

When you flopped the nut flush, but then you had the board pairing. I was waiting for your suck out line. They caught the boat on the river.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.