1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pet Peeve

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HurricaneMikey, Jun 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, I have to ask...

What is so friggin' hard about putting your trip report on ONE PAGE??????? [​IMG]

It's especially frustrating if you have 5 different posts and people respond to them at different times.

Just write the (whole) thing in a word document, then just copy and paste it here, all at once.

Just a suggestion... I don't know why it bothers me so. Maybe I just need a drink and to mellow out. Maybe I've just had a long day at work. [​IMG]

Ok...I'm off my soapbox....happy thoughts only...Vegas in 2 days...Vegas in 2 days...

[​IMG]

Ok..all better now...

Mikey

2. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Bartender!! Another round for my boy!

[​IMG]

3. ShellyD

ShellyD Tourist

Don't sweat the small stuff. [​IMG]

4. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Everyone has their way of doing things!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

5. radicalfem

radicalfem Tourist

Holy cow, Mikey. You need a Vegas fix and fast! ;) I don't mind the multiple page trip reports, mostly because I know people are anxious to get them out and might not have time to write it all at once. Also, as some of them are very long, it's nice to break up the monotony a little.

Best wishes on your trip! Can't wait for the (single page) report. ;)

6. KathyinNY

KathyinNY Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, you need a drink and mellow out, lol. I couldn't have done my trip report and been accurate if I did it all on one page. I like it when people do it by each day, it has more personality to it I think. But to each their own and I enjoy every one of them. Just read them or don't read them. [​IMG]

7. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We need a sorting option ;) I hate getting the posts out of order as well--very frustrating :D If we could sort by title, part 1 would come before part 2......

8. DavidB

DavidB Tourist

[​IMG]
    For a number of years until we moved here, I always wrote and posted lengthy trip reports at various online forums and Web sites. Our Vegas visits were usually 10 to 15 days in duration, and they were so detailed that I felt it would be better for readers to receive them in parts, usually broken down by day.

When I was on Prodigy, I would start a new topic for a report on the Vegas board there and ask all other members to refrain from posting replies until I had finished. That way, readers could access the daily reports in consecutive order, with the comments and replies appearing only after I had finished the reports. Occasionally, a moderator would assist me by moving any replies that showed up before I was done.

After a while it became such a chore to completely write the reports upon returning home that we bought a laptop computer to make it easier. This gave me another reason for posting daily reports, as I would end each day in Vegas by writing that day's report and posting it while we were still in the midst of our visit. And this had the added advantage of allowing me to answer questions and research info for readers while we were still on the scene in Vegas.

I am an advocate of detailed reports in general, as I love traveling vicariously in the shoes of others who enjoy sharing their Vegas experiences. It seems to me that a subscriber on this board who wants to write multi-part reports ought to be able to do that. If the writer wants to get all the parts up before receiving replies, s/he could request that no one reply until the end.

This would allow readers to find the parts of the report in consecutive order, and moderators could help by deleting interim replies and asking that they be re-posted when the report is complete.

Maybe I'm being too anal about it, but that is my .02 worth. As Dennis Miller would say, I could be wrong - ;)

9. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like I said before, if you want to do them in segments, just add the other segments as a reply to your original post, making it easier for everyone. [​IMG]

Or, write it in a word document over the course of several days, and then just copy and paste it here if it's long and detailed.

As a reader of these things, I just like to be able to follow them in some kind of cohesive order.

Mikey [​IMG]

10. radicalfem

radicalfem Tourist

I'm not sure I understand how you're having trouble reading them in consecutive order. For example, Susan's TR was about six days and each was labeled Day 1, Day 2, etc. Even if commented on (as some were) and "out of order"..you can still look at all the topics on the page and click on Day 1..read it.. go back to the topics page..Click on Day 2, etc. No biggie.

Of course, everyone has a different way of reading threads in the forum. I'm a picker and a chooser, so that's how I do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.