1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

pre trip ramblings

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by tracy144, Jun 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I started to post a pre trip report, but after looking over what I had typed, it was just TOO long (and that was just the first day). I just get so excited and start to ramble. I will try the condensed version. Arrive in Vegas June 17 about 830a and leave June 21 530p. We will be staying 2 nights at TI and 2 nights at Bellagio by using our wager works points. While we are there we plan to do it all. Good thing Vegas is open 24 hours. :D

There are some things I am intrested in doing, but haven't heard much about them on the board. They are:
    CBS Television City Research Center
    Excalibur--Is there anything worthwhile to see or do here? On previous trips I just walked through.
    ESPNZone-Hubby wants to sit in the recliners and watch anything.
    Aladdin--Desert Passage Shops
    Caesar's Magical Empire--Opinions??
    Venetian--has anyone been to either of the Guggenheim Museums or to the Warner Bros. Stage 16 restaurant.
    Libirace & Elvis Museums--I am not a big fan of either, but these just scream Las Vegas. Has any one been and is it worth going?

Well, only 9 more days!!!!WOOOOHOOOOO :D

2. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Tracy--

I've been to the Warner Brothers restaurant...well, to the bar, actually. All we did is hang out there for a few hours one afternoon and drink.

They had a great 'martini' selection. I remember drinking some kinda concoction that had a chocolate dipped plantain as a garnish instead of an olive. It was great, but it knocked me on my ass for an hour :eek:

Ok, so we didn't eat anything but appetizers. A little pricey, but good, and the drinks were very tasty.

It's a good place to kill an afternoon at the Venetian while your feet hurt from walking, your wallet hurts from shopping and gambling, and your neck hurts from gawking at the ceiling.

Mikey

3. bigdogmom

bigdogmom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the CBS Television Research thing. It's an o.k. way to kill some time if you get sick of gambling (or run out of money). Don't go out of your way to do it, though.

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only thing for us that's a "must do" at Excalibur is the Magic Motion ride downstairs. I really like them. So much better than that 3D nightmare at Caesars.

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband really likes the Trashy Castle for gambling, but I don't like it. We usually stop for a little bit though--there's always a row of quarter machines under a Z3 that calls out his name ;) I just like to stand outside Krispy Kreme and watch the donut conveyor belt. I'm good, I never eat any [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.