1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

BeeeJay's March Trip Report #2--Special Final Four EDITION!!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by BeeeJay, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. throwbackid

throwbackid Guest

Come on Breanna give me a break like I was the only one wondering how a college kid could put down a 50K bet, and play hours of $500 per hand BJ. Klaching, good for you for taking an interest in your financial matters, and I completely understand the mother thing. I have a family business and I went to school for the same reason, but hated all 4 years of it. You need to write up some reports, I bet you have some hella good gambling stories. I hope that broad was worth the 6 g's you spent on her. :)

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, ok.....I'll cut you some slack:peace:

3. klaching

klaching Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have two that I really want to write up, I am just 1. lazy and 2. a terrible writer. Maybe I"ll pay some1 like $12/hr to transcribe for me, lol.

1. was in september @ nyny when I made almost 300k in a weekend and got roofied and robbed by the hottest girl in the world, and everyone saw it -- the police report reads like an SNL skit.

2. at the hardrock in tampa going from buy in to broke to re buy up huge, all in the high limit room and another guy is losing huge -- and being a dick to everyone mostly the dealers and myself. Blowing smoke at my face, racial sexual any kinda slur you can think of. So eventually he took a dislike to me screaming and jumping when he lost and I won so he took a swing at me. I took a quick step back and hit him over the head with a bud light bottle. Needless to say I got a nice 1 yr ban for that. LOL probably saved me $$ in the long run.

lots of fun ones. I am trying to get out there april 23-26 and will do a semi live updated TR. MAYBE!

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that's awesome.

school in general is bullshit, but if you want to know when your being f'd with when Joe Dbag-Six Pack from Morgan Stanley tells you he got you 18% but with fees your down 10% NET-NET, then you might find that accounting/finance background handy.

i attended about 50% of classes in college.....basically went on the days it was raining too hard to play golf and then only if there was at least one hot chick in the class.

:beer:

I definitely get the "why go to school" when you already have money. Hell even if its a dumb bet, most people don't have that kinda scratch to start with and if they did they wouldn't be in school. But I'm pretty sure many a once-rich athlete would be doing a whole lot better if they had a side accounting/finance degree....just ask Wesley "section 861" Snipes.:evillaugh

5. klaching

klaching Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    seriously, and it's not like I am set for life by any means. With the way I gamble and invest even 5millino these days isn't "alot" of money. I am friends with the bilzerian family -- Paul's the father - I know Dan and Adam. For instance I want to be able to do that with my money. There house is bigger than some small towns, lol.

It doesn't hurt going to school - i've traveled all over the world for two years, most every one of them to gambling destinations though :( and have made and lost tons of friendships. It's cool though. G/L to all and if I do get out there next week I'd def like to meet up with you. I have VIP tickets to the Eagles and Also bottle service at ROK vegas each night. So lets do something!

Klaching

6. throwbackid

throwbackid Guest

I have to say you sound like a genuinely cool guy. If I ever make it out there while your there I'll buy the lap dances at the Rhino. Good luck with your schooling, and hope to get to read one TR's sounds like some great stories.

7. rlhendrix

rlhendrix Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can say I hardly ever attended classes through undergrad. Ususally showed up to pick up syllabus, attend mid-term and finals. Attended 50-75% of the time through law school to get the privilege of entering the most miserable profession on earth. Funny how education is available and being crammed down your throat and you spend all your time getting out of it. About 5 years after I graduated, I realized I was actually interested in history, economics, etc. and probably spent more money educating myself than college tuition cost.

8. JSR1968

JSR1968 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If my boss ever says NET NET in a meeting I will punch him in his FACE FACE!

9. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't look like any of your bets will come close. I guess far away is less stressful then 1 or 2 off. I guess Ogilvy is closest down a dime. Did Els think his ball was a punchin Judy? Way he is going he will finish +7 or so. At least Tiger will have to work it to win. Westwood is up 3 or 4? Wonder what his payout would have been if he holds. Should have laid three to get the one on Tiger. Best part was the guy in the plane on Thursday.

10. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they don't let you lay on golf anymore than they let you lay on the 1000-1 raiders super bowl champion bet.

Ogilvy at 25-1 in 17th is my best bet. Goosen and the "brits" were worries but their odds weren't the best. I have the Wynn and Palazzo sports buooks sheets so I'll post those and bitch myself out for my stupidity. But again, lets look back to the entire original discussion where I was all about Ogilvy....if I could put money on a 25-1 shot in 17th place after round 3 I'd take those odds. Problem with Westwood is the guy is a ******, had top 3 finishes in the past 3 majors, so no payoff.

I think we all know I'm a roulette straight up # (38-1) guy, not a first third (3-1) guy. regardless you are right to critique my picks, they are unlikely to win. But if I could bet a fave, two mid-shots, and two long-shots every masters and get 4 out of 5 to make the cut, I would take that off the bat.

let's all wait and see what happens before we pass judgement.

remember I walked towards the sports book with $1K in hand, which thanks to 1 roulette spin and 3 minutes of video poker is now $11K, so this whole masters thing is a free roll.....and I don't know if you remember but there is a history of Ogilvy passing up choking Isles natives for majors...ok major.

ok can I bet on an Englishman landing a tee ball in a left second cut (can't say rough at Augusta) lemonade stand?

11. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that does suck on the Masters bets, but have to agree with your rational, it was free rolling based on the roulette wins. I was pulling for your picks. Decided to do a bet with my friends who are going out in 10 days for a round of drinks and picking last (last out of 3) buys the rounds, and I wound up last, of course the two I was going to pick went 1st and 2nd, guess that's the price for coming up with the bet.

Do you plan on betting any baseball or NBA when you are out there?

12. BeeeJay

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no i don't really care for betting sports as the vig is assinine. The Masters was a one-off. The only sports I watch are NFL, College Football, golf majors, ncaa maybe final 16 bball, and maybe last 4 teams of NBA playoffs. I can't stand baseball or hockey---which in Chicago will get you branded GAY fairly quickly. Luckily I sold the Miata!:evillaugh

13. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did a hairdresser buy it:evillaugh

Seriously its a bit like following football (soccer) here in New Zealand - if rugby isn't your number one sport look out for the gay jibes.

good luck on the trip

Col

14. ttom

ttom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. ibetmywookie

ibetmywookie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Your association with Dan makes all your stories much more understandable. His Well over at 2+2 is one of the best reads on the internet. Thanks for sharing and GL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.