1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Maybe i just expect too much...

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sporty8705, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Monday- We had a 6:20 flight from ONT to Vegas. Arrived 10 mins early. Tried to pre-check in and were told to come back later, ok. Took the shuttle from Bellagio to Aria near the Monte Carlo. Played at MGM and DH got picked to be in the TV Preview and got 70 bucks. I lost my envelopes with my daily money in them and was out 200 bucks.. :( We booked a comped room online for 4 days and the picture showed what our room was supposed to be. When we got there we asked about upgrades and were told 40 per nite, yea no thanks because we wanted a jacuzzi and it wasnt worth 40 bucks for it per nite. We get up to the room and OMG the bed was on a bed frame with wheels and a couch and desk. I was like that is so NOT the picture from online and went back down and nothing could be done. Then Monday night, the first night, we go to shower and theres mold on the shower curtain and the faucet doesn't turn off and runs while the showe is on, which cuts down on the shower pressure. We also needed a fridge for insilin and didn't get one, and we asked everyday, like 3x a day.

Tuesday we get up and left a note asking for more towels and left a tip, then we went down and let the front desk know the small issues. They said they would take care of it. We went out to Cheesecake Factory, Forum Shops, Mirage, The mall, Venetian, TI and gambled a lot. We went back up to the room and theres no towels like at ALL, there still no fridge, the mold is still there, and the shower still isn't working.

Wednesday we left a tip again, and walked down to Excalibur to meet the rest of the family and ate Krispy Kreme and gambled a lot. We walked to Luxor and gambled, shopped, and were shocked to see that the arcade in Luxor is gone completely. The one in MGM is smaller, but there is still an arcade. Went to eat at Dicks Last Resort. Ate there once before, 2 years ago and had a blast then. This time there was no one to seat us, no one in the gift shop area, no one got hats, we never got refills on water or anything. We understand that they are supposed to be rude, but not getting a refill and literally ignoring us is beyond their "realm" of things. We waited 30 mins for a bill and never got one and so we left without getting the bill, but we left the proper amount of money on the table. The manager saw us, and said he would take care of it. He got the waiter and that was all. We got a copy of the bill on the way out and that was that. We were supposed to have an hour long limo ride from MGM to the sign, through downtown and then be dropped off at Caesars. We got in the limo at 7pm, right on time. We did the sign, took a picture, he took us up the strip talking the whole way on his cell phone and complaining about having not enough money to pay his rent and i felt bad and took out a 20 to tip him at the end. We never got any kind of interaction at ALL. He took us as far as the Stratosphere , we never got downtown. He dropped us at Casears at 7:45, wayyyyyyyyyy early. We paid him and i gave him a part of the tip as I didn't feel that since we didn't get what we were promised that he should get a full tip.

Thursday we didn't tip as when we DID tip we got NO towels left at all. Once again complained about the room conditions and asked to be moved, were told no and to come back at 12 and all would be ok and we would have no mold and we would have a fridge. We went through Paris, Caesars, Mirage and just walked around, did the free slot tournament at IP and mom placed
    3rd for 300 free play which she turned into 220 bucks. Get back to the hotel and upstairs to grab a gift certificate and see that theres nothing been done. We go down and im furious at the fact that the rooms still as discusting as it was there was black mold EVERYWHERE and no fridge... the guy asks why didn't you ask to me moved and DH and I said we did! Im so mad that I walked away and he guy goes to talk to his supervisor... im thinkin were gettin some progress here... nope Supervisor says can't move you were all full up but heres 50 bucks to eat. Ok so we cancel the dinner plans we DID have and we eat at the cafe. We got the slowest service once we ordered, but hey its free so we don't really care.

Friday we moved to IP. That room was a LOT better than Flamingo and thats rather sad to say. Went to M&M, Coke, Planet Hollywood, and to the pool at MGM. Just hung around and went to bed early.

Saturday- got up and checked out and got the shuttle and rode around the strip to pick up others, got to airport and through security and ate and got our 10:20 flight and were home at 2.

2. TuneinTokyo

TuneinTokyo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm guessing you were at the Flamingo?

That sucks. Sorry to hear your time wasn't as great as it could've been. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

3. klaching

klaching Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow sounds awful. from losing your money one day to the mold and no response from the hotel what so ever. so sorry to hear about your trip. hope it won't deter you from future LV visits!

4. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, go to Vegas a LOT... never got comped offers before so it worked out really well..

yea it was Flamingo... :nono:

5. SloppyJoe

SloppyJoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch...Hopefully things will get better.

6. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did email them and got a response basically stating that there really was no excuse for them not fixing things and they are sorry and hope for me to come back again. They forwared it on to the top at the Flamingo...

7. JoeDat

JoeDat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had the same problem with Flamingo regular rooms, I will only stay there in a GO rooms now.

8. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was already anxious about our upcoming trip...yes, Flamingo for 4 nights...deluxe comped. We stayed there 3 years ago in a Go room. It will be sold out and crazy that weekend, praying I can get a decent room. Sorry your trip didn't go well.

9. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea we had the basic room and hated it... but then again had it been for just a nite or maybe two we would have gone for a GO room, but at 30 a nite and being there for 4 nites i just couldn't do it.. were struggling college kids...

and i actually liked the IP room better than the Flamingo, except for the kooky closet and the small bathroom...

10. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe so. Thanks for the TR.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.