1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas trip 2/24 - 2/27

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Suzee, Mar 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suzee

Suzee Tourist

My Trip Report

Sun 2/24
    Our day started at 2am, got up and over to my brothers for the drive to Chicago to catch a 7am flight to Vegas. Got to Midway by 5 and breezed through security and to the gate in plenty of time to get in the first 30 boarding passes of a Southwest flight. Flight was on time and arrived in Vegas early. Shuttle was just ready to leave as we got our bags and we were the third stop. We're at the Luxor and ready to roll by 10:30 Vegas time [​IMG] . Dropped our bags and headed to get our slot cards. Headed right to the craps table where I managed to be $100 up before noon... this trip is starting out great!
    Went to grab our bags and check in around 1:00. Line was long but moved at a good pace and everyone was very accomodating. At the counter I asked if we could please have a rooms with a nice view . The gal gave us 3 choices of rooms, we chose a 24th floor pyramid room facing the mountains. We were happy with the room, nice view of the mountains as promised and we had called the night before we left and managed to talk a reservation gal into changing us from the $79/night rate to a $59/night rate that came with some freebies so all in all we were pleased with the room situation.
    Dropped our bags and headed down to meet my parents who were getting in around 2:00. Met them as they came off the shuttle and stopped to pick up tickets to the Midnight Fantasy show ( 2 for 1 tickets reserved ahead of time) on the way to their room. They had an adjoining room and everyone was happy enough so off for more gambling! Everyone headed different directions, I hit the craps table, Mom hit video poker, dad hit BlackJack and my boyfriend hit roulette with the plan to meet at 6 for drinks and money counting. I was up another $150, mom and dad were running about even and my boyfriend was up $125 ( how anyone can win at roulette still escapes me)
    We went to the Midnight Fantasy show ( a request from the boyfriend and dad). It was... well think production number at a high class strip club and that should about give the image for you. The guys loved it. They did have a good comedian in between 'Fantasy' numbers. We were all pretty wiped from the long day and hit the rooms after the show.
    5am Mon 2/25 I'm wide awake and wondering how my boyfriend can sleep when there's gambling downstairs so I asked loudly..Hey are you gonna sleep all day??? He agrees to meet me downstairs if I want to go ahead. I'm off and running to craps again. I'm down about $75 by the time we meet my parents for breakfast at 9:00. We spent the day by showing my parents the strip as it was their first trip to Vegas. Walked through Excalibur, across to NYNY, over to MGM and took the Tram down to Bally's. Spent some time wandering around the Paris, and then walked over th the Bellagio for lunch at the buffett. Fabulous food there and with a $15 price tag for lunch I was more than satisfied. I can't imagine what else they could bring out to make it worth an additional $10 at dinnertime. My mom was exhausted by this time so we headed back to the Luxor. While she went to the spa for a bit( free spa passes with our room) the rest of us went back for more gambling. When we met for drinks at 6 I was up $175, my boyfriend was up another $200 and my Dad was still running even( hey as long as you're not losing you're winning in my book ;) ). My mom said the spa was very nice and she had a great sit in the whirlpool and a massage ( $45 for a 30 minute aromatherapy massage). We parted ways after drinks as we had tickets to see the Blue Man Group and my parents were going to the King Tut Museum( free passes with the room again) and a nice dinner at The Paris. Blue Man Group...great show well worth the money, very funny and entertaining, just no way to describe everything. I was pleasantly surprised to see the guys in the lobby after the show so people could take pictures with them, not many big shows do that kind of thing anymore. We stopped and got pictures of both of us with the Blue Guys and then went for a late dinner at the Pyramid Cafe. Decent food, although I couldn't tll you anything about prices since I realized while we were waiting for food I was smashed from drinking all day ;) We stopped to play the slots by the cars on our way to the room ( since our luck had been running pretty well we thought what the heck) Of course we didn't win anything there but it was entertaining. We headed up to the room to call it a night.
    5am Tues 2/26.. are you seeing a pattern here? I'm wide awake and ready to gamble at 5am again. we make the same arrangement as the day before and I head back to the craps table. Now I don't bet big or win big but I have a system that seems to work for me more than it dosen't so I had a nice couple hours at the table and managed to get up another $50 before breakfast. Met the folks for breakfast and they said their meal at Les Artistes Steakhouse the night before had been terrific. They said the food was good and the atmposphere was tremendous. They checked out the Eiffel Tower and watched the Bellagio Fountains from the top, all in all sounded like they had a very pleasant evening. After breakfast we all went to play one of those BlackJack video games for a $1 a hand. We all started losing money and gave up on that about $20 a piece into it. We wandered the hotel a bit more and then my boyfriend and I headed across the street to catch the CAT for downtown. This is my 3rd trip to Vegas and I had never been to Fremont St before ...what was I waiting for??!? I'm a cheapskate at heart and hate to part with a buck so this was the place for me! We wandered up and down the street so I could see everything and stopped in a place I can't remember the name you'll know it, the Bayou place with the $1 daquaris in 26 flavors..I of course having recovered from the day before think perhaps we should give a try for at least half the flavors before the afternoon is out. We kept stopping back in and managed 12 flavors before we left ;) I souviner shopped for my kids on the cheap getting all the requested items ( cards, dice, hoodie sweatshirts, pins for backpacks) and a cheap drunk all at the same time. We stayed downtown gambling penny and nickel slots until dark and wandered out to the street to watch the show. Very cool to see for the first time. Caught the bus back to the strip and stopped off at the Bellagio to see the fountains, we got a spot to watch just as the show was starting. ( my luck is still holding out). We wandered back towards the hotel stopping here and there to people watch and got a little something to eat at NYNY. Got back to meet my folks in the hotel bar around 8:30 had a few ( or a few too many) drinks and listened to the band before heading to bed.
    4am Wed 2/27 I know we're leaving so I'm up extra early, managed to get ready, pack and be down to the craps table by 6. Amazing even to myself I'm still doing well here, I'm up about $150 and the table is hot when my boyfriend stops by and says its time to meet my folks for breakfast, I looked a him , looked back at the table, looked at my chip pile...he says...how about I meet your folks and you come up when the table turns...I KNEW I loved this guy for a reason! The table did turn about 30 minutes later but I walked away another $250 up.Found out at breakfast my boyfriend had won a cool $500 on roulette before breakfast so we were VERY happy campers indeed we were leaving vegas and we were up for a change!
    Almost time to leave so we stop by the slot counter to see if we had anything built up, not enough for our room but we were able to casho out our points for $20 cash, and cash is good.
    We flew with my folks to their home in San Diego and spent a few days there in the sun before heading back to the blustery winter of Wisconsin. I'm sure I left out a thousand details but the moral of the story is...Vegas good....cold winter bad [​IMG]

2. Lmadrid

Lmadrid Tourist

Boston, MA but originally from San Antonio, TX
    sounds like a great trip! we'll be there on sunday and reading this makes me ancy! can't wait! :-D hopefully we're as lucky as y'all

3. veegee

veegee Tourist

Wow, great trip suzee. Nice to go home a winner.

4. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

5am??!! hahahahahaaha I'm pretty sure my wife would have smacked me in the head if I had woken her up at 5am....ah to be young again...hahahahaa

Sounds like you had a great run! Good for you!

12 daquaries! VERY nice! ;)

I tried to get my wife to go to midnight fantasy... she was like, "yeah right". I pointed to the sign that said "a show for adults".... "we're adults, we should go!" hahahahaa no luck. Dang. Maybe next time. :D

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like your trip!!! I love that daiquiri place on Fremont Street!!! We usually get up early in Vegas too, we're still on East Coast time....Of course, we can't stay up late which sort of makes us wimps, but Vegas first thing in the morning is almost innocent....Almost ;)

As an aside, I LOVED Midnight Fantasy--and I'm a woman...My husband didn't have to beg me to get tickets or anything, it may even have been my suggestion....Of course, having a huge margarita from the mexican restaurant probably helped me enjoy it even more [​IMG]

Hope I have your luck next time I go!!

6. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Another great trip report. I didn't realize all you guys were going to be in town at the same time. We should have arranged a place for you all to meet up and write one giant trip report. [​IMG]

7. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice trip! What is your system in craps? Maybe others who are learning the game would like to hear it! [​IMG]

8. Suzee

Suzee Tourist

LV Terry you made me smile " to be young again" I may not be old but I'm sure not fresh out of the chute either. My daughter is already planning her trip to Vegas with mom when she turns of age in a few years ;)
    As far as my system for craps VegasJer, I figure the field has a 16 out of 36 roll possibility, I call that close to 50-50, so I watch the rolls and when it misses the field twice in a row I bet there. Then after I've been at the table for a bit you can usually get a feel for if you need to up that to 3 misses before a bet or not. I couple that with always keeping $5 on the pass line. It's not scientific but I usually win a little and I only play the $5 tables and if you lose it's a slow losing. Incidentally the Luxor has triple 12 on the field which I have not seen in other places [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.