1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My 1st Time in Vegas-Jan. 28th-Feb. 1st

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ab265403, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ab265403

ab265403 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

It's finally here! My first time in Vegas and my first time on a plane. Good God I am so anxious about this flight. We are leaving at 4am tomorrow morning and I know I will get NO sleep tonight. I have all of these irrational fears about flying and know that at some point before we take-off I will find myself in tears of fear:cry: This is also the first time we are leaving our daughter (15 mo. old) longer than overnight. I think the anxiety of separation is also getting to me.

Other than the fear of flying and the sadness of leaving our daughter, I am so hyped about this trip!! The husband is playing in the ntl. cornhole tournament at The Orleans so I know I will have some time to myself. We can only hope I hit a jackpot so I can really do some damage shopping!:thumbsup:

Well I hope to update as I go along. I am taking my laptop but I'm not sure of the wireless access I will have. I also have my blackberry so if the internet access is limited I still can post.:banana:

2. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    awwwwwww have a wonderful trip , flying is fun but Vegas is even more fun! take lots of notes, and update as much as you can

so much to do and see especially for a first timer :) Enjoy!

3. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, this made me spit diet coke on the monitor. I sure hope there is another definition of 'cornhole' than the one I am aware of. :eek:

4. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope...only one definition. They roll freaky I guess. LOL.

It's a beanbag game actually. Two teams try and get bean bags through a hole on a board that sits on the ground at an angle. Quite fun and very beer drinking friendly.

5. ab265403

ab265403 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL I always give him hell and I still can't believe there is a "professional" league for it. It's really popular on the East Coast and I think was created in Cincinnati, OH (we live about 90 miles west of there).

I already informed him that I'm not sitting around watching his games. I'm not facing my fear of flying to watch him throw corn bags around so I will be solo for the majority of the trip, which is totally okay with me. I can go at my own pace and sign up for all the players clubs I want.:thumbsup:

6. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's pretty popular here in MI too, especially on college campuses. I had no clue there was a league/tournamnet for money.

I am sure you can find something to do in Vegas while he is throwing bags. :D

7. ab265403

ab265403 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ugh I hope this isn't an omen of bad things to come but I have a terrible sore throat and feel so run-down. :eek: What is the best OTC remedy? Usually I just let it go away on it's own but I'm not letting a cold ruin my trip!

8. sabrina

sabrina Low roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    zinc and airborne every 3 hours till you feel better. Has worked wonders in the past although zi-cam (my zinc of choice) tastes like poo imho.

Seinfield
  9. jj_sparty

jj_sparty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Zicam strawberry chews are not bad and do work.

10. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Elvis has left the building

Trips to Las Vegas:
    [YOUTUBE]gHjca2p-TWA[/YOUTUBE]

We call it Bags in Chicago.

Enjoy the trip and look forward to reading the trip report!

11. FL Mary

FL Mary Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a fun trip to Vegas!

12. BackInVegas

BackInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take WARM clothes

It is cold and rainy there.

Since you will be roaming while he is in serious competition mode, you want to be W A R M.

13. ab265403

ab265403 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is there a scream button where you could literally hear my frustrations? So on the way to take a test for one of my classes, I hit someone. Well actually they t-boned me but it was my fault. So I jacked up the front end of my car, it still runs and drives okay and took out her a piece of her passenger side bumper. AHHHHHHH. So our good car that we were taking to the airport is a hot mess, again driveable and runs okay but a hot mess and my husband is acting like a total jerk off. My sister is going to take us to the aiport and pick us up when we get home but I have this mess to come home to. On top of that I have no voice and I feel like somebody sat on my chest.

OKAY, now that I'm done bitching.

I'm still super excited to be leaving in less than 10 hours, I'm still going to have a good time and I'm going to pray that I hit a jackpot so I can buy a new car..lol

14. descango

descango Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well the accident knocked all the bad luck off of u so it will be left where ever ur at! So you WILL WIN IN VEGAS.GOOD LUCK KICK ASS !!!!!!

15. ab265403

ab265403 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you! :peace:

16. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can, be prepared and bring some cold/flu medication with you. Maybe even start taking stuff now. I like Neo Citran before going to sleep. No sense trying to struggle through it. Fill up on the pills and mix with alcohol. Try to get some sleep tonight and on the plane. You'll be so filled with adrenaline once you're there that you won't even know if you've got a cold. But still take some something for it.

Actually, most people sleep so little and drink so much when they're there that they induce colds by the time they return home. The car accident sucks but no sense worrying about it now.

17. mardaho

mardaho Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe they have a national competion for cornhole
    I would love to watch that
    here I thought it was just a backyard game

who knew

have fun in vegas
    hope your flight went well
    you should be there by now so ENJOY and WIN

18. Rick1323

Rick1323 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where I come from, you wouldn't be too happy about your hubby being a professional at cornholing!:peace:

19. eviljelly

eviljelly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going in Feb and I saw that the highs will be low 60s and lows should be in the mid 30s. That's t-shirt and flipflop weather for me. :peace:

20. spartanmama

spartanmama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you were planning to rent a car in Vegas, maybe you need to reconsider this after your little "bumper cars" incident.

I know you said the cornhole tournament was at the Orleans but didn't say if you were staying there too or somewhere else. My first trip to vegas a few years ago we stayed at the Orleans so it's dear to my heart. I loved the free shuttles they have to get to the strip and to Gold Coast.

Enjoy your trip. We fly in February 1, the day you leave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.