1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Trip Summary- 7/22-7/25

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by lvchic80, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lvchic80

lvchic80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I haven't signed on since I got back from my trip(suffering from post vegas-trip depression disorder) but a TR is in the making. Trying to remember what happened now since it's almost been 2 weeks :cry: I'm still tying to get back into sync since I've been home. My first day in Vegas I was up for a total of 31 hours with no sleep :nono: Here's a summary of how my trip went:

My plane was an hour late taking off from DFW. Some sort of "maintenance" discrepancy. I used free airline miles to book this trip. Originally I had to book a flight that stopped at LAX first, then on to Vegas, since none were available n/s for free. I kept checking, and checking, on a daily basis to see if one became available because you can change for free on award travel. My diligence in checking paid off. A week before my trip the first n/s out of Dallas became available with a window seat in the front to boot!(doesn't take much to make me happy lol) We arrived at LAS 30 minutes late..no big deal. The flight back left on time,just as the sun was setting...it was beautiful. Wish I had recorded that take-off. Landed at DFW 30 mins early this time.

I had booked a car through Alamo using a code I found on this board. Total for 4 days was $123.09 for a compact. Checking up until I left, the regular rates were soaring upwards of $500! I'd heard recently that checking in through the kiosk using certain codes were prompting you to have to check in with a clerk, who ask for the coupon. As a back up, I booked a car at Payless just in case I had that issue. Thankfully I didn't and was off the shuttle, and out of the garage in about 20 minutes.

I am SO glad I tried Wynn for the first time. I was allowed to check-in early(10:30am), got a room with the best view in Vegas that I've ever had. Got one of the rooms that ends in "17" with the updated decor(loved the white leather sofa) Everyone from the check-in clerks, to the valet drivers, to the bellmen, room service, excellent customer service and eagerness to help all the way around. I wasn't sure what to expect, but my expectations were exceeded. If I'm invited back for a low rate like that again, I will definitely take them up on it. I turned $100 FP into $238.00 real money on a $1.00 dragonfly machine(can't remember the name of it... :drunk: ) My ONLY complaint about Wynn is my cell phone would not work in my room. I had to wonder if that was a ploy to force me into using their phone. If so it worked, cus I ended up with $73 worth of phone charges :grrr:

New places I checked out were Silverton, M Resort and El Cortez. I had a FP coupon from the ACG that I used at Silverton. I was shocked when the person at the sign up counter told me they were doubling those coupons so I got $20 total in Free Play plus a coupon book. I turned that $20 into $36 bucks playing a Monopoly machine(don't remember the denomination) Used a couple of the coupons in the book they gave me for free drinks. It's a real pain in the ass to fill out that information on the back of the coupon before you redeem it. They need to come up with a better system. I did like it in there though... glad I finally checked it out. I will be back.

M Resort... I visited this place twice. It was the first place I ventured too after I got checked in at the Wynn on 7/22. Had a choice between $5.00 FP and a T-Shirt. Chose the free play and lost it. Had a couple drinks at the bar. Very friendly bartender(I think his name was Tony) I like the overall feel of the place. There are several places to go and just sit and relax if you want to get away from the noise. I came back later on that night after picking up my guest in town from D.C. at McCarran....we enjoyed listening to Mark B. in the lounge. Valet offers your cold bottled water when you pick up your car which I thought was nice. This is another place I will try staying at on a future trip. Especially now that they've done away with the resort fee.

My friend from D.C. spent a few hours in the Poker Room @ TI late, late Wednesday night. I had a couple(okay several) drinks, and proceeded to lose $200 bucks on the machines over the course of those few hours. After I was done gambling and he was still playing, I had an early breakfast(by this time it was about 4am) at The Coffee Shop. By this time I had been up 27 hours and I was FULL(in more ways than one) so I left him and walked back to Wynn by myself at 4:30 am. I thought I would be a little scared walking back by myself but it wasn't a big deal.

It rained a few times while I was there. There was a nice Thunderstorm Wednesday night after I picked my friend up from the airport. It was kind of funny to watch the hoards of people scurrying to find shelter. I could laugh since I was in a car :wink2: Traffic was bad on the strip all day, everyday from Tropicana to Spring Mtn.. it was horrible. People who were walking were making the trek down the strip faster than us. The traffic wasn't because of a lot of people there, it was because lanes were closed off due to the City Center construction. Speaking of crowds, it was kind of crowded in some places. I noticed alot of kids. Too many damn strollers.

I got up early one morning and went downtown without my guest. Valet parked at Golden Nugget and walked to El Cortez first, to finally use the ACG $10 free play coupon. The walk wasn't as bad as I always thought it would be. Didn't feel unsafe or come across any questionable characters. I wasn't thinking about it at the time, but when I got there at 7:15a, the Club Jackie desk was closed. Open at 8. Darn. I hate playing without a players card, but I went and found a .25 WOF machine. Put in a $20, played max bet and got a bonus on the first spin. Cashed out right then @ $56 bucks. Whooohooo I'm in the money right? lol Decided I would go have breakfast at their cafe instead of playing anymore. Since I was ahead at this point, I wasn't playing anymore in there, other than their Free Play. Breakfast wasn't too shabby for 5 bucks.. bacon, eggs, toast and hash browns. Wasn't the Peppermill, like I had on Wed morning after I landed, but hey it worked. Was at the Club Jackie desk at 8, got my free play. Wanted to use it on the machine I had played on my own money but wouldn't ya know it.. it wasn't one of the "special machines", which were very difficult to find and almost not even worth the effort. I decided on a Texas Tea game and quickly ran through it.

On the way back from El Cortez, I stopped in Fitzgerald's, 4 Queens and Binions. Played $20 in each, had a couple of Mimosa's that were delicious and well made in Fitz. By this time it was around 9:30, 10am. Decided to hit the outlet mall off Grand Central on my way back. At 10:15, the place was already packed. I bought some things for my kids from the Gap and The Children's Place. So much that I had to spend 10 bucks on a duffel bag to bring it all back. I didn't pay over 5 bucks for anything I got them. Back to school shopping done in Las Vegas for a fraction of what I would have paid at home. :thumbsup: Even though I had to pay American a bag fee to check the extra stuff.

Went into the Orleans..first time I had been in there in a while. They have changed things quite a bit. It doesn't feel as "open" as it used to. It was extremely packed in here. Too many penny machines for my tastes. The cramped feeling in the place had me wanting to leave so I only stayed in here an hour. After I left there, I stopped in NYNY, which is where I was originally booked to stay before Wynn sent me an offer. Wanted to stay on their good side so I dropped about $60 bucks into their machines. No big wins, but played off my money for a while. Drink service..what drink service? Valet had an issue finding my car. After about 15 mins they realized they never drove it to the garage. :rolleyes2:

By way of eating, I didn't have anything fancy. Went to In-and-Out by UNLV. Much better experience then the one on Tropicana. Still don't get what the big deal is with their burgers. Wish I had done Fatburger instead. Went to Margaritaville one night..had a blast in there. Really fun place, great drinks, and the volcano nachos.. OMG :eek:

Weather was great for this time of year. I lucked out since it rained at some point everyday I was there. Temps didn't get above 100 ish, and I was expecting 110 and above since that's what it was the week before I left.

I know I'm missing alot, but that's all I can remember at the moment. I'm sorry for missing out on the mini-meet at Harrah's. I had a hard time keeping track of time this trip. I'm sure spending 31 hours awake didn't do much to help. There are some things I missed out on that I planned to do, but of course that gives me another reason to come back... again. Thinking about a late Dec/early Jan trip.

2. pipper9

pipper9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a pretty good time.

I think I have the same "post vegas-trip depression disorder" you have, and I haven't felt much like typing about Vegas since I got home.

3. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best thing for that is to book another trip! I did! Then again, I am single, happy and no kids. :evillaugh

4. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR LVChic....sounds like you had a great time...just not enough time:cry: Isn't that always the case!

Pipper....you know the fix for PVTDD....you gotta book another trip! Trust me it works like a charm... you gotta get the Vegas juices flowing:beer:

5. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I just said that....pretty funny.

6. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Post Vegas depression is the worst.....I agree having a t-time is the best cure for that ailment! Did you get any photos of your view from the Wynn?

7. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your summary TR. Nice job. We were out there for five days in June. I still haven't gotten over my PVTD well enough to finish my TR. But, I'm hoping to get it done in the next few days.

later, GVJ

8. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto! :thumbsup:

Nice TR LVChic...thanks for posting.

9. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I cancelled trip and did not get a chance to meet you. Maybe next time.:peace:

10. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a wonderful trip I so want to try Wynn sometime!

11. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nice Trip Report

I'll chime in too about post Vegas depression ackkkkkkkk
    I am planning a trip in Oct/Nov hopefully if all goes well and perhaps that will shake the Vegas Blues outta my system

wonderful you got all your kids shopping done!! way to go!

12. lvchic80

lvchic80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm uploading my room vid now that includes a shot of the view. I'll be back to post it later.

I did what all of you suggested and booked another trip to cure my PVDD :) :thumbsup:

13. lvchic80

lvchic80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do it! It won't disappoint. My only regret is not staying there in January. I was booked and then switched to Venetian at the last minute.

14. lvchic80

lvchic80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey no problem.. I got your text just as I landed and I was like, who is this from NC texting me? LOL Sorry you had to cancel your trip :( Hope you get to make it out there soon :peace:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.