1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Long Time Vegas Visitor finally visits the Mirage

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Coach Terry, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Hello - To Start let me say I am very glad that I found this board and the information here was very helpful even to a frequent traveler with about 18 visits to Las Vegas under my belt Started coming to Las Vegas in 1988 and stayed at the Aladdin. I live in the South Carolina Lowcountry and travel often (13 cruises and over 20 visits to Disney World under my belt).

We have been fans of Treasure Island for some time (12 past stays) - but with the sale of the property we thought we better take advantage of some of the MGM/Mirage offers before they disappear.

Getting There
    We flew first class from Savannah, Georgia via Atlanta on Delta. The flight was very good. The Mirage had a Limo pick us up at the airport. So the quick trip was very enjoyable with just the two of us in the Limo!

Check-In
    The Limo driver walked us to the VIP check-in. However there were about 3 people in line and no one at the regular check-in next to it. So we walked over and tried the $20 trick. We were already being offer a Comped Mirage Suite (812 sq. ft), but thought let’s give it a go. We were upgraded to a Tower Suite (1251 square Feet) on a corner. The view was of the Mountains and the Treasure Island Hotel - You could see the Wynn, Encore, and Trump Tower)

The Suite
    It was huge, but outdated (no flat screen TV or Ipod docking station). Massive living room, dining area, bathroom, etc. The decor was from the
    1980's! The pop up TV's were still the tube variety and did not work that great. Maid service was very good and we tipped them nicely each morning. The selection of in room amenities was awesome: Soaps, bath crystals, shampoo, body butter, body gel, toothpaste, razor, shaving creme, etc. (there was lot of other stuff)

Gambling
    My wife was given $300 in FreePlay. On the first spin on a Unicorn Machine (betting max at $4) she won $441. The trip stayed that way most of the time. We were lucky - our timing was good. When it was said and done my wife had earn about 16000 slot points and I had earned about 7000. I tried my hand a 3 card poker (even) and Craps (up a little). We also played some at Treasure Island and My wife earns double points. (So while we were there -I played on her extra card to earn her some extra points.) We mainly played Unicorn, Mermaid, Goldfish, and Jackpot Party. Of course we tried a few others to test them out like Wolf Run, Tailgate Party, etc. On observation: I hit well on penny Deal or No Deal, but the machine was reward slot points at a much lower rate.

Shows
    We did one show -Mystere - This was our second time to this great show (first one was about 8 years ago). We had tickets for my two nephews who were in town as well. We were on the second row center! AWESOME -AWESOME- AWESOME!

Food
    I am not a fancy eater/Fine Diner because I hate to dress up - I work in a suit so when it comes to vacation time - I stay in jeans or shorts. On this trip we ate at Cravings (Breakfast and Dinner), California Pizza Kitchen, Carnegie Delicatessen (Breakfast and Dinner), and Dishes (at Treasure Island). All of the food was great and we enjoyed them all.

Salon
    I always do a manicure and pedicure on the visits to Vegas. (Guys - you should really do this once in a while) The Kim Vo Salon was very nice. The service was no better than that I have received at Treasure Island. I did not check out the Spa this trip.

Check-Out
    No problems at check-out time. The lady at the player club desk questioned our room upgrade. We did get some food taken off the bill as well, but nothing extra. The Room was free so that was more than enough. The Limo ride to the airport was also nice.

Getting Home
    Check in at the airport was done in minutes. We made it to gate D-38 a little early so we starting playing the slots to kill time. I hit a $171 jackpot (Fort Knox) - what a way to end a trip! The flight on Delta via Atlanta was good. No issues!

Returning
    We will be returning at Christmas time - we will be waiting for the offers! :)

2. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Those are some of my favorite machines too. Unfortunately I don't have that much luck on them though...lol

How fantastic for your wife to hit on first spin using freeplay! Sounds like a great trip! Thanks for posting.

3. pipper9

pipper9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had better luck at the Mirage than JimRochester did.

..and you're not the first posted here I've read that won at the airport... go figure.

Sounds like a great trip.

4. pipper9

pipper9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious..do you think they may have taken more off your bill, had you not gotten the free room upgrade?

5. Coach Terry

Coach Terry Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I discussed this very same thought and I am thinking that may be the reason!

6. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds like a grand report

and you mixed it up a bit with the different hotel stay this time :)

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we stayed in those suites last year they were going to start remodelling them in October; but, because of the economy that has been put on hold indefienately. We seemed to have good luck at the Mirage when we stayed there but when we were staying at Harrahs and went over there to play we were not so lucky.

8. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting.

later, GVJ

9. sailor53

sailor53 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for posting!

10. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    good report, I remember the first time I took my wife to vegas, told her, whatever you do, when we get of the plane, don't play the slots in the airport. did she listen? No, and I got to see the handpay to prove it. go figure

11. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you had a great time. I love that Unicorn game too. The reels better than the video but I like both. Only when the unicorn shows up tho. LOL Thanks for posting! :)

12. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report sounds like you had a great time...thanks for posting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.