1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dgf makes the transformation

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by loveshed, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loveshed

loveshed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I owe you guys a trip report. I apologize for the tardiness. This will not be very long so sit back and enjoy. It should kill a few minutes and take you right up to your lunch hour or the end of your work day.

Thursday March 19th
    Up at 0400 hrs. Chicago time. I wish I could sleep but I am too anxious to roll out. It has been over a year since my last trip and I was itching to get out of Chicago. Actually that is not true I went on a cruise last May but a year removed from Vegas. Anyway I was ready to get the hell out of dodge….know what I mean ? So I roll out to Midway and everything is kewl. Flight leaves on time. Now I realize that it was March Madness time and that is one of the reasons that I went. I also understand that grown men use this weekend as an excuse to cut loose. However you assholes did not have the entire plan to yourselves and if you can not hold your liquor maybe you should have waited until we landed. By the time we got to Vegas I knew each of the 18 jerks names….voices…where they worked and how many oxy’s they had dropped while in route. The really annoying part was when the drunkest guy amongst them decided he wanted to hang in the aisle and talk to the guy across from me. I could only take so much and I was not rude or mean….just a well placed bow in his kidney to remind him that it was not his private plane. Now in all fairness the only person I have to blame for this is myself. I have been flying on United for some time and I did not realize that Southwest does not have in-flight movies or music that I could plug into. My ipod died the week of the trip and I left my dvd player at home on purpose so I had no distractions and d because of these jerks I could not get to sleep. Anyway enough about that…I land I get luggage….I take rental car bus…I get car. Chevy Cobalt…Thurs-Sunday…68 bucks. I roll out to Bally’s and the line for check in stretches to the door. I just can’t stand in lines but I give it a go. I stand there for 30 minutes and the line never moves. There are two people working at the check in desk. Now even though the room is comped I can’t just waste away my vacation standing in this line so I go and play until it is time to go to the airport and pick up DGF. Grab her with no problem and we roll on over to IN-N-Out for a bite. My first time there her second. I wasn’t very impressed I mean its better than Mc ds but I guess its ok. I would rather go to fatburger…and we have one here now. Actually I would rather go to Red Robin and get the bottomless steak fries. On a side note I have been to burger bar and strip burger and I like Red Robin better than both of them.
    After that we go to Henderson to get the marriage license. The directions from the website took us out past the M Resort to the middle of nowhere. We used the cell phone GPS and it turned us around and took us right there. We head back to Bally’s and get checked in. I was going to try the trick but the manager was standing right behind my clerk the entire time. Room is just ok…North tower…kind of old and..well crappy. But it was free.99 so I can’t say too much. We change into walking clothes and hit the strip…Its almost 90 out and sunny. I think when I left Chicago earlier that morning it was 35. We hit Bills for some slots and craps. No big wins. You know let me just say this now. I returned home with 50 percent of my gambling budget. I had no wins over $100 and no good runs on the craps. Way too many people on most tables and hard to get a spot. Up and down but had a great time playing what I did play. Goldfish machines are awesome what a great way to kill an hour and have a $20 Corona.
    So we leave to go for a strip walk and we hit Tix4tonite. Ka tickets at a bit of a discount. We get the voucher head back to Bally’s for the car and drive to MGM. Get the Ka tickets and head back to Bally’s. Walking into the hotel we see a sign for the Italian restaurant and the tasting menu for 19 bucks. We go for it…in a word it sucked. I mean Olive Garden would have been way better. Add to that the cost of Ketle 1 and tonic and our 19 buck tasting menu came in at about 60 bucks.
    So we go see Ka which I can not rave about enough..Awesome show. I have seen Zummanity and Mystere and this was heads and shoulders above them. We went to the 930 show and afterwards headed back to Bally’s. Played a bit here and a bit there until my body told me to go up and go to bed. I tried to hit the 24 hour mark but I feel short by one hour.
    Friday the 20th
    Had an appointment at the wedding chapel at the Tropicana. Went there at 10 to make sure everything is in order. Leave there and head over to Ellis Island for Bfast. It sucked and I am normally a fan if this place. I don’t think I will be going back there. Maybe on one of my guy trips. Back to Bally’s and we hit the pool and do some playing. DGF decides that she cant stay in this room any longer and she goes to the front desk and gets us moved to a Jacuzzi room for free. It was in the other tower the room with the tub in the middle of the floor. It was nice but it was the VERY last room on the floor and was a long walk to the elevator.
    Tropicana at 6pm where my DGF made the transformation into DW. I was skeptical of the Tropicana however the area where the wedding was is very nice. We got married at the gazebo with the sun on our faces it was….magical. I am the luckiest man alive.
    Now when we left the chapel I didn’t want to touch anything in that dump including door handles but that’s another story.
    Head across the street for our reservation at Craftsteak. DW had been in August and wanted me to try it. I have to say that it is now the best steak I have ever had. Delmonico’s is a distant second now. Unreal…great service….strong ket1 and tonic…great dinner the wife and I had a great time. Bill came to $200. We hit the peppermill for some romantic drinks at the lounge. Have a few rounds sitting by the fire and than head to Bally’s to get the honeymoon thang on!

Saturday 21
    Up around 11 and head back to peppermill for bfast. Lots of people waiting so we sit at the counter and that was the best decision of the day. The people who were sitting and waiting for a table were still there when we left. Slots of Fun for some more low budget play. No wins. Souvenir shopping and than back to Bally’s for some play. Went over to Isla at TI around 5 and had chips and guac. Margaritas were nice but not as good as past trips. This was a favorite of ours however the service and quality was not there this round. It may fall off of our radar. We head to ManBay around 9 for the 10 purple reign show. My first time and the wife’s second. Great show and I will be back to see them again. Hit fatbuger on the way to the room and it was average. Precooked so by the time we got it back to Bally’s it was cold. She was to drunk anyway so she never noticed.
    Sunday
    Up around 11 and went down to café…sat at table for 20 minutes without a menu. Went back upstairs and ordered room service and got it in 20 minutes. Check out and I drop DW at airport around 12. (Why the separate flights you ask ? Had to use some miles.) My bfl (my teenage daughter would go nuts if she knew I said that….lol) was coming in for business so I met him at the Wynn around 1 and we try to do some serious damage to his expense account. Than I head to the airport around 6. High winds have the place a madhouse and I volunteer to give up my seat. They say great and im thinking another night in Vegas is all good. Than the stand by people start to argue with the gate agent she gets so frustrated that she puts me back on the flight and tells me to keep the voucher. I guess that’s a victory but I wanted to stay another night and help my buddy with that expense account. Medical emergency on the flight back and they asked if there were any doctors on board. Guy sitting next to me was and he stayed in the back with the patient for most of the flight to we had extra room. We also made the flight in three hours I guess the pilot wanted to get the patient on the ground as fast as he could.
    Overall…..Vegas is Vegas awesome. I like to mix in the trips with the guys and the wife because they are different. With her it’s wine and dine and shows and with the boys its craps and food courts but I love both trips. September is my return for my bday and my best friends 40th.
    Vegas was crowded but it was the first weekend of the NCAA tourney.
    Still have not made it over to the Palms or Bellagio which were on my to do list. By the way no matter how much I plan I never get to things I want to do. Not enough time maybe I should stay longer. Never used my three restaurant .com certificates. Never played poker. I guess ill have to go back.
    Thanks for reading.

2. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congratulations!!!!! Although the Trop is a dump, I've always thought the pool area was very nice and the gazebo were they hold weddings is lovely!!! Happy to hear your rave review of Ka; we've seen O (some people love it but I thought it was a snooze fest), Mystere (enjoyed it) and Zumanity (I enjoyed it, but DH didn't)......looking forward to Ka which we have booked for our May trip!:eek:

3. sb_039

sb_039 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats and thanks for the trip report. Glad to hear you enjoyed KA. The BF and I are thinking about seeing that on our next trip. Thanks again!

4. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    congrats! vegas weddings rule!!!! :beer::beer::beer:

5. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on your marriage! Enjoyed your TR too, thanks for posting.

6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the post. Congrats.

later, GVJ

7. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! Thanks for the write up.

What's bfl?

8. jillmn

jillmn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, what she said.

:)

9. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats man! Great report.

10. loveshed

loveshed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    best friend for life

11. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Aha! In these parts we call that BFF.

12. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shed,

Glad most everything was good for you. It still would have been great for you and the new wife to come the the MMVI suite party.

Marty

13. Blondie76

Blondie76 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny. I did finally figure it out before you answered. I was wrinkling my forehead for awhile. LOl

Good TR. Big congrats on the nuptuals. May you have many happy and healthy future Vegas trips together. :)

14. loveshed

loveshed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I thought I did type BFFL. Marty I had permission to leave the new bride and come to the party but it felt like a set up. Not to mention I have read enough about hanging with you guys to know that the sun would have come up and I would have still been out which would have put me in the dog house on my honeymoon. NOT GOOD

15. TexasLady

TexasLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats to you both, great TR

16. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on the nuptials. Sorry to hear that not everything was as good as it could have or should have been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.