1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

10 Nights in Vegas is Still Not Enough!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Beach Crazy, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

My Trip Report

Here are some highlights, observations, a few photos, kudo’s, video, etc. I know I’m not covering everything but who has time for that anyway!

This trip was very different than in the past. With all the stress and planning leading up to my daughters St. Patrick’s Day Vegas wedding I was exhausted. I think my latest night might have been 4:30 am or something like that. So no walking the strip with the sun coming up this trip, but it was still just as much fun. Oh and I also brought home some of my winnings — not Coaster Kikky size winnings :wink — but good enough for me. My first four nights were spent with family/friends for the wedding, my last six nights were shared with my roomies (Sticky, Patti, Sin, VegasDrea) and the rest of the buffoons from this board.

Hotels

MGM - Bungalow Suite (4 nights) - I was not impressed. I think MGM rooms are in dire need of some remodeling — everything was worn and dull — although I did appreciate the larger bathroom.

MGM - Terrace Suite (4 nights) - I had requested a remodeled suite, not sure if that’s what I got. I stayed in a Terrace Suite last September and the only differences I noticed was the large armoire housing the tv in the living room had been replaced with a smaller cabinet and a nice flat screen tv and the view may have been a little nicer. The terrace was perfect for the suite party.

Wynn - Fairway Villa (2 nights) - OMG, what can I say? :faint: Call me spoiled Al, I don’t care! This is by far the nicest suite I have or will ever stay in. A big thanks to Joe Schmo :thumbsup: for giving me a heads up on the lowest prices I have ever or probably will ever see on these. Watching video on YouTube or seeing photos do not do this suite justice, you have to live it!

Car Rental - Dollar (Airport)
    Normally, we don’t rent a car and if we do we wait and pick it up at the hotel but this trip was different with six of us traveling together we had decided to pick it up at the airport....wrong decision!! We got to the Dollar booth and took our place in the long line that somewhat resembled that of a popular ride at Disneyland. The line did not move! After 45 minutes we decided to go to one of the other rental car places that had no line and pay the extra $$$ so we could be on our way. Neither the bride or groom had been to Vegas and we weren’t about to spend our first afternoon standing in line waiting for a car. Lesson learned....

Daughter’s St. Patrick’s Day Wedding
    Everything went great...all that stressing for nothing. :goofy: The ceremony was performed at the Grove and they did an amazing job, I would highly recommend them. Everything was just beautiful (thanks Ken2v :thumbsup: for your help). I also lucked out at the very last minute and was able to secure the photography services of our very own StickyFingers007 (in real life she’s a photographer) for the pre and post wedding photos (thanks Sticky, you have no idea how much I appreciated that :thumbsup:). After the ceremony we all headed over to Maggiano’s (thanks Sunni for all your recommendations :thumbsup:) at Fashion Show Mall for some good eats and celebration.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cake by Freed’s Bakery
    [​IMG]

Gambling
    Played blackjack once and *cha-ching* cashed out ahead
    Played craps once and *cha-ching* cashed out ahead (thanks Rob! :thumbsup:)
    2 big (for me) slot wins

[​IMG]

Etc...
    • Trying to drive the strip with all the construction is Not recommended. Heading to Lee’s Discount Liquor for party supplies via the strip wasted to much Vegas time (thanks for being a good sport Mikey :thumbsup:). I had just gotten the Corona on ice as Sin made her 9 pm arrival.

• I’ve never seen properties handing out so many freebies in all my Vegas days. Club passes, 2 for 1’s, show discounts, you name it, they were everywhere. We took advantage of some free club passes, but looking back now that probably wasn't the wisest decision the night before the wedding. :drunk:

• First trip to Craftsteak! Excellent, but IMO a bit overpriced. Best part of the evening was watching my older brother laugh the hardest I have ever seen him laugh. What was so funny you ask? Hubby’s reaction when he sobered up and saw the bill for the kobe steak he just ate...priceless! :kill:

• I like the cabana’s at the MGM pool. They are pretty comfy and a lot of fun especially when everyone is looking at Marty because Sticky, Sin, Patti and I are calling him “Daddy†You’re a great sport Marty, thanks for the day of relaxation :thumbsup:, I needed it!

• Late nights on the terrace are fun until something like this happens!

[​IMG]

Here, this is much better!

[​IMG]

• Eric’s cocktail hour is always classy and fun. Thanks E :thumbsup:, You know that’s a tradition but next time can we skip the singing stripper? Oh, and nice entertainment in the party limo. :wink2:

• Kart racing was a Blast. Of course, it just so happens that I won a metal so I guess that only makes sense that I had a good time. But seriously, everyone should try it at least once, it really is a lot of fun. Thanks Mike :thumbsup:, for arranging everything, just to bad you weren’t in my group. After all that smack you were talking before the race, I would have at least handed you a kleenex as I lapped you. :evillaugh

Sin and I suit up for the big event
    [​IMG]

Proudly displaying my metal
    [​IMG]

• The suite party on Friday night was a huge success. And then again, how could it not be with the beautiful view and awesome weather! The only thing that could have made it any better would have been an appearance by all our missing buffoons who couldn’t make it out this year (to many to list, but you know who you are). On the other hand, it was so great to see some old friends and make some new friends. I really did miss that IP penthouse suite bar, but after collecting a few room service carts from our hallway we were set to go.

Miss Jennifer and I at the suite party
    [​IMG]]

View from the terrace
    [​IMG]

• What do girls really do the morning after the suite party? Nothing to exciting. Someone took this video while I was sleeping so I guess that means I can share it.

While I was sleeping the girls ordered room service.
    Aren’t they so thoughtful, they even ordered something for me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• The poker tourney on Saturday was awesome as usual. Thanks again to you Dougie :thumbsup:, you do a Great job of lining things up! As this was only the second time I have ever played live poker (the first being last year’s tourney) I was very happy with finishing one seat away from the final table. I must have gone all in at least four times before I busted out. I did hear a rumor that some people were going easy on me, but I don’t really believe that. I think it was just the luck of my gay pirate (not that there’s anything wrong with that).

• Dinner at Triple 7 BrewPub after the poker tourney and toasting those who couldn’t make it was fun. Love the cheesy garlic bread!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• The check in line at Wynn moves ridiculously slow. :grrr:

• Parasol Down at Wynn was a good choice for a get together. The plan was to sit outside, but it was “really blowy out†so we decided to stay in and play “who’s that celebrity.†:haha:

Drew and I at Parasol Down
    [​IMG]

• After several drinks we invited everyone up to our Villa so we could get rid of the left overs from the suite party. By this point we were all getting a little silly and feeling very much like the Beverly Hillbillies but loving every minute of it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• On my last night in Vegas I always like to get to bed a little early. The last thing I always do before coming up to the room is to give it one last try on either a dollar or five dollar machine. As Patti and I were walking the long corridor to the Villa she reminded me that I had not played the machines so back we went. Good thing I did! I took my winnings and cashed out!

[​IMG]

It was hard to leave the Villa, it took a little coaxing...
    [​IMG]

View from the balcony overlooking the golf course
    [​IMG]

View of the Villa below us. I want that one next time!
    [​IMG]

And then, just like that, 10 nights had vanished! :confused2:

I was sitting at McCarran with a wallet full of hundies, a smile on my face and a tear in my eye thinking...10 nights in Vegas is still not enough!

:blowkiss:

2. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Angy, that was such a great TR!!!!

I absolutely love the mini-wedding cake :)

Glad you had a great time, and things went smoothly!

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Beach....what a great trip:thumbsup: Daughter getting married in Vegas, awesome and I mean AWESOME Villa at Wynn (they never had stuff like that back when Frank and I were alive:poke:), winning at gambling and fun w/ friends.

I'd love to stay in a place like that but I think unless you have a bunch of freinds there, it's difficult to justify. We upgraded to a suite one time cuz it was only $50 and we never really utilized it...just a place to sleep...well and:wink2:

We took our daughter to Vegas for the first time when she was 19 (along w/ her cousin) and she loves it too...been back twice so far. I'd love for her to get married there...if she ever does that is..:blowkiss:

Thanks for the great report...isn't leaveing Las Vegas sad..:cry:

BTW, the videos didnt show up for me but that may be because I'm at work...the "man" keeps us down:poke:

4. sunni

sunni VIP Whale

Awesome report Beach . Love the pics and video clips :thumbsup:

You guys party like Rock Stars :nworthy:

Happy to hear the Wedding was great !:wave:

5. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing report from an amazing friend. I smiled from beginning to end. I really enjoyed meeting all of your family, being included in your daughter's special day, being made an honoury sister and most importantly passing the "Dave" test...lol. Thank you for everything and I can't wait to see you again. :blowkiss:

p.s.- You are an excellent drive
    bling bling

6. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let's do that again, ok? Including the winning part!! :thumbsup:

I love how your definition of "going to bed a little early" is still after midnight. That's MY definition of staying up a little late.

7. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, sounds like it was an excellent time and capped by the Vegas wedding, very cool, congrats to your daughter.

8. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great job Angy. Thanks for all you did. :nworthy:

9. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report Angy.

Always a pleasure to spend time in your company and I’m glad you joined in – and won the medal - at Karting. You wouldn’t have got past me Candy…;)

You are a major factor in the MM fun stakes and I hope you enjoyed the chocolate…

Thanks for inviting me to the party and I look forward to next year. The 4am text messages… not so much :D

[The karting reserves the right to not allow you to race if you are intoxicated. They may also use breathalyzer . Lose ya money if you fail…. So this in mind most people retired a little earlier than normal. Except for one.. I get a text message at 4am “Where are we meeting again…â€]
    made me laugh…

10. Jimbucc

Jimbucc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing with us who couldn't be there. It looks like all of you had a blast.

11. Courtney

Courtney Resident polygamist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing!

I LOVE the cake!

12. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks again Ang for letting us buffoons come over and party in your swank digs. You're the best. :nworthy:

13. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh the many things that you left out... :evillaugh

Great time as always Angy. Thank you for allowing us to take part in your daughter's day... even if your husband thinks you like me more than him ;)

Is it September yet... or maybe... PaM 3? :drunk:
    At least he didn't come over and play with your hair Patti :rolleyes2:

14. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Party at the Fairway Villa for MMVII???

15. SnertAlert

SnertAlert Toast Smuggler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Angy for your hospitality and generosity in hosting the party and everything else. You are one of a kind, girl!

But for the love of gawd, did you really have to post that video of me trying to dance like Tom Cruise in Tropic Thunder? What a train wreck! Was I really that drunk? I must have been that drunk.....

16. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This might prove to be quite difficult as you need a key to open the "gates" to the "lounge" that houses the elevator to the Villas themselves. Only once did I see a rep from the Wynn in that area, but I also don't think there were many of those Villa occupied at the time.

But if I know Angy... where there is a will, there is a way :beer:
    Is that what you were doing? I thought you were doing your best to impersonate Butthead!

17. zerofan

zerofan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I dont know you but thank you. I have to wait until June but your getting me psyched again.

18. peanutmnm

peanutmnm Scotchy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love the way you do Vegas! It sounds like a real blast.

19. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for hosting the party, as always you did a great job and everyone had a blast. Thanks for letting me check out the Villa too, very cool digs.
    Glad the wedding went off without a hitch. Seems like everything turned out nicely. That was awesome that Sticky was able to capture the memories.

Nice TR and enjoyed the pics & videos. Congrats on your wins too! You truly do Vegas in style.

Is it September yet?

20. SH0CK

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ahem... pics? :poke:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.