1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Parents, Pipes and Parties Part 2! March 18-21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by keno, Apr 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. keno

keno obsessed with countdown timers

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Wednesday
    Wednesday morning didn't even exist after all the drinking the day before. We got up pretty late and had a small snack before heading over to the Miracle Mile shops. We looked around there for a bit, then walked over to Bellagio to see the fountain show. It never happened while we were there, so we headed back to NYNY to get ready to go to Hard Rock for the evening. They were having a $10 all you can drink special from 6pm to 9pm, so we wanted to hit that. We went early to eat at Pink Taco for their delicious Tortilla Soup. Their soup is just spicy enough to give a small kick, but not too cheesy to leave gloopy messes of grease in your mouth. One of my favorite tortilla soups. We didn't play at any table games since we'd been smoked so bad already at other places, but Em tried to win her $10 all you can drink fee by playing a dollar machine. She put in a dollar, told the machine she needed 10 bucks, spun the reels and won $10 bucks. She quickly cashed out and pocketed her 10 bucks to spend on booze. I tried my luck at a nickel machine and ended up $4 up, so i was happy. We hit up the bar at 6pm and drank until 9. The rest of the night we just bar hopped around and went back to the room around 1am or so as we had to move the next day

Thursday
    Thursday is move day, so we pack up early and start the long walk over the MGM. This is a very long walk with lots of bags. I wish we would have taken a taxi. NYNY and MGM are right next to each other, but it takes so long to walk through MGM, especially with bags. I took the bags directly to the bell desk who held them for us while I checked in. Today was pool day, so we headed out to the pool to meet up with some other folks (Marty, Sticky, Angy, Patti, Lynnie, Scott, Sin.. am I missing anyone?). It was nice to chill by the pool drinking our super big Fat Tuesday drinks. We left after a couple of hours to get ready for Jack21's small party later that night at THEHotel. We planned on walking from MGM to THEhotel, by taking the tram from Excalibur to Mandalay Bay, but the tram was broken so we walked. Took us about 30 minutes to make the walk. We ate dinner at Burger Bar, then scampered up to the suite to meet everyone up there. It was a very nice room and very crowded and once again great to see everyone. Here's a picture of Em and Renae:
    [​IMG]

Towards the end of the evening, some girl invited herself into the party with us and started singing and going on. She was a bit wacky but she was a hoot. She had a hard time believing we had all met via VegasMessageBoard.com. Everyone eventually headed over to O'Shea's for some gambling fun and then people started to do their own things after that. Some kept gambling and some of us headed over to Spearmint Rhino to help support the single moms. I won't go into details on that part of the night, but fun was had by all and only two people were kicked out for lewd behavior.

Friday
    Last full day in Vegas! It starts out with a trip to the Kart Racing track! That was a complete blast! One of the best side trips I've had in Vegas. It was loads of fun chasing each other around on go karts! Here it is on youtube. It's about 6 minutes long, so it might take a moment or so to buffer.

[YOUTUBE]hQgsTlip4ZE[/YOUTUBE]

YouTube has been flaky for me today and yesterday, so I put it up on my site as well. It's a bit better quality on my site:
    http://gallery.me.com/keno#100209

A couple of other photos can be found here http://gallery.me.com/keno#100185

After karting, it was time for a nap and then Angy's party. The room for the party was simply amazing! The terrace was super! I have several pictures from the night, but here is a picture of some of the girls there:
    [​IMG]

as well as a Group Shot Shot:

[​IMG]

There are some other pictures, but you can go check them out here if you want to see them all:

http://gallery.me.com/keno#100189&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=5

After hanging out with everyone for a couple of hours, Em and I decided to head back to see Ri Ra at Nine Fine Irishmen one last time before we left on Saturday morning. We had fun with everyone at the party, but we knew we'd be mad at ourselves if we didn't go see them just one more time. And, we were quite glad we did. The band was in rare form, seemingly drinking more than they normally do and they were lots of fun. We spent quite a bit of time hanging out with them between sets, not to mention the fun times while they were playing. A very great way to end another wonderful Vegas trip.

We learned this time to not be scared of the 6 day trip. While it was a long time, this was really 2 trips in one for us, one for St. Patrick's Day and one for MMVI, so it worked out great. Hopefully MM7 will work out the same way next year so we can have 2 vacations in one!

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to go ahead and apologize for that interview by setting back the South a good 20 years...

Good times Ken!

3. keno

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ah, i thought it was funny :) The kart trip was a highlight for me this trip for sure. I'm glad I took enough video there to make a nice little video. For those of you who didn't go, you should have! It was great fun!

4. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fantastic job Ken! :nworthy:

5. mikenhe

mikenhe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    excellent stuff - good vids!! well played sir!!

good to catch up with you and Em.. it was a blast..

6. sfplayer

sfplayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report, thank you.

7. IcyVegasAgain

IcyVegasAgain Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another great report! Love that pic of everyone taking shots!!

8. SteveB

SteveB Low-Roller

So let me get this straight. Em stuck a dollar bill in a machine then yanked its handle and it only gave her back $10?? That is clearly worth every bit of $100.

SteveB

9. MikeE

MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent report Ken! Loved the vids, too.

10. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Great seeing you and Em again. Very Nice video. :haha: Is it just me or does that video look like slow motion? It seemed so much faster when I was driving.

11. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR. Thanks for the video and pics.

later, GVJ

12. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a great TR!!

LOL @ Scott....I think you set them back more than that!! :evillaugh

13. keno

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it looks very slow when you're watching it. They were going over 30mph at top speed, but on the video they look very very slow. Also, some of the video was of the first lap, whenever everyone was going slow, learning the course. But, out of all the footage, it all looks a bit slow on screen, even though it wasn't that slow.

Next time.. helmet cam! :)

14. darnae

darnae High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ken, great report and pics. It was fantastic seeing you and EM and getting to hang out more this trip. We can't wait to do it again!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.