1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Dougie's MMVI pictoral report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Dougie, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon_Rob

Falcon_Rob Flying Winnebago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the TR Dougie! Great job again in setting up the poker tourney. Despite the lack of a cash game, I'd vote for Binions and the same rules for next year. I like the slower pace, but then again, it doesn't cut into my vacation time like everyone else since I was not on vacation. I'd still vote for the same structure though. It felt more like a poker tourney than an all-in fest like in year's past. Just my 2-cents.

2. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Dougie--

Great pics, brotha. And thanks again for letting me crash there amongst the cigarette burns on Thursday night. I got that same photo, too, but I forgot to take a picture of the duct tape on the bathroom threshold... :rolleyes2:

Also, I agree with Rob that this year's tourney was more like a real tourney and not that crap that they do at the Evil Empire. My reason for being pissy was that I was under the gun and had to go to the wedding, so there was no possible way for me to get to the final table, much less make the money. So I basically kissed my entry fee goodbye. Next year, it won't be a problem though, and wasting five hours on a Saturday playing cards and laughing my ass off at Doc wearing a panty on his head, well, that's just a vacation memory everyone should have. :thumbsup:

We've just got to figure out a way to get a cash game in amongst the tables for the early bust-outs. Binion's has no idea how much money they lost on that deal... :eek:

Mikey

3. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Turns out the particular tourney area we were in is licensed for cash games. It's already on the list of demands for next year.

FWIW - The tourney was scheduled/confirmed long before the wedding. Priorities, I guess.

4. LV Terry

LV Terry Captain Flop'N Fold

Dude!! Jacked up bed shortly after check-in?! I think we all know what That means... *wink-wink*

Hopefully you didn't have to part with too much of this!

heh.

Thanks for takin' the time to throw that down Dougie.

See you next year fo' sho'!!

5. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bed was at check out. Checked in on Thursday, and do you think I was gonna take some fresh snaps for the board members? No way. There was poker to be played.

6. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As always, a great TR by Dougie. Was great to see you again my friend, especially with the lost pounds. :thumbsup: Keep up the great work buddy.

So have we settled on Binion's for home base for the tourney again next year? I know you have had some problems in the past with other places, but us players never seem to notice due to your planning and diligence. Well done Colonel. :nworthy:

Marty

7. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think so. I heard no complaints from us about dealers or staff, and it is my favorite poker spot.

Did it last too long?

Not really lost, I know I can find them in a few short days.

8. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know that problem.

9. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR and pics. Congrats on the WOF hit.

10. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the kind replies.

Words cannot do a board gathering justice. If you really want to know, in the famous words of a cohort in crime, "You have to turn up." With just a single post here, or ten thousand, you are equally welcome and encouraged to share in the buffoonery.

11. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love the TR and the pics definitely add to it!!!

12. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dougie - thanks for your TR and pics. A very good read.

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.