1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paris 3/5-3/9

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by thestardawg, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thestardawg

thestardawg Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My previous 11 Vegas trips had always been with the guys, but this time I decided to take a girlfriend out to Vegas. 1. Because I could see myself with her long term, and don't want her to be annoyed when I hit Vegas with the boys, and 2. What better place for a long weekend?

We flew out of Boston on a late Jet Blue flight and landed without problems in Vegas around 10:30 p.m. No taxi line to speak of. Got into Paris and were offered a free upgrade to a suite (!) but we passed because it was a smoking suite, and I wasn't sure if it would reek of smoke (this was my first time staying at Paris). We were upgraded to a red room for free anyhow. Good start!

Since it was a bit late for us East Coasters, we had a drink, I got my tail kicked at VP over at Bally's. We grabbed a bite at Cafe St. Louis and then hit the hay.

Friday I started out with more whippings at VP at Paris. We then walked the strip a bit, eating lunch at Mesa Grill in C.P. I had a pork tenderloin sandwich which was fantastic. I took a beating playing blackjack at the Mirage, and still was unable to convince my girl to play (probably rightly so as I was getting beaten like an insolent stepchild).

We had tickets for the early show of LOVE that night, so first we hit Stack at the Mirage. The food was good, but the staff was a bit standoffish. LOVE was great, it's the second time I've seen it, and I enjoyed it very much the second time. After LOVE we went over to Nine Fine Irishmen in the NYNY for some pints and great music. On the way back I decided to play craps, or in other words, lose 200 bucks watching 6 people in a row 7 out wihout hitting a point. Ouch.

Saturday things started out with a couples massage at the Paris spa, followed by me hitting 2 4OAK at VP while my girl was getting a pedicure. Finally. We went to PH for a buffet lunch, and what a disappointment. The buffet there used to be fantastic, but it's really come down in quality. We then went over to the MGM where I finally convinced the girlfriend to play some $5 blackjack. I lost about 100 bucks but she ended up 75 dollars. Hooked!

We then went downtown to poke around a bit. Went back to the hotel and got changed and went to see Mystere at TI. I liked Mystere, but some of it was definitely over my head. After the show we went to Delmonico for dinner which was great. After dinner we hit the Harrah's dueling pianos. Fun times

Sunday we woke up late, and I went down and played some horses and VP while waiting for my girl. Struck out on the horses but hit another 4OAK, this time 3's on VP. We grabbed brunch at Bouchon which was excellent. Took a taxi to the Tropicana. Boy that place has seen better days. Found another 5 dollar blackjack table. This time I ended up cashing out 200 from my original 50 dollars, and my girl won about 15 bucks. We then browsed through the Forum Shoppes at CP. HAd dinner at Rao's. Ended our trip playing VP at the center bar at Bally's where my girl hit a 4OAK playing VP. She ended her trip up about 150 bucks gambling. I ended mine down about 250, which all in all wasn't bad.

We're going back in mid-May, doing three days in Napa, and then 3 days in Vegas. Will be there for the Preakness. Can't wait.

2. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Great report! Thx

3. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting. Good times - Good eats - no big losses = Good Trip.

Later, GVJ

4. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Thanks for posting.

I'm glad your GF had a winning trip. That makes it so much better!

5. VermonterJohn

VermonterJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free Upgrade?

I'm amazed to hear you were offered a free upgrade at PARIS. That's certainly never been my experience.

In fact, although I keep hearing of people getting free upgrades all over the strip, I've never been offered a single one, and in fact even after begging and/or offering a bribe, have never received one.

Is there a secret?

6. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR thanks for posting...:thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.