1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Very different trip!!!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by sarah9nascar, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Last year, my husband, Eddie had just got out of the hospital so he had a lot of making up to do on this trip and my goal was anything that we had never done before.
    Got there Sunday morning and went straight to the Gospel Brunch at the House of Blues after getting our car at Alamo for $97 for the week. It was ok and kind of fun. Lots of food and lots of mimosas. House of Blues for the month of November is charging $10 more than usual for it because it is :beer::beer:all you can drink. Nothing like all you can drink at 10 in the morning while at a Gospel brunch.
    Sunday night, ate at the seafood buffet at the Fremont Hotel. We went to the Cirque du Soleil show Love. This is the best show I have seen yet. I would go back to this at full price.
    Monday was shopping, eating and gambling for me and Eddie went to the Shelby tour. Monday night, we ate at Burger Bar at Mandalay Bay. Had the Kobe burger and then we saw my idol and number one man, Criss Angel. Well that show was so bad that I can't say he is my number one man anymore.
    Tuesday and Wednesday days were at the SEMA show. Lots of race people including Bill Elliot, Tony Stewart, Clint Bowyer, Kyle Bucsh, Greg Zippideli, Mike Helton, Denny Hamlin, Greg Biffle, John Force, Ashley Force, Larry McReynolds, Robert Hight and more that I can't remember. Nelly, the rap star was there. Got his autograph and I told him on the picture he autographed to just put his name on it because I taught school and my kids would think that was cool. He said, yes they will think that this is the coolest thing you have done. Wow, just a little full of himself.
    Wednesday night was Lance Burton. He was great. Ate at Harley Davidson Cafe.
    Thursday, gambled a lot and then ate at Bellagio Buffet for lunch. NOt very impressive. Sorry. Thought Planet Hollywood and Red Rock buffets were better. At 2, met with lots of internet friends who love Vegas like me including Jaime from PA and her husband. Had a great time with all of them at Diablos.
    Friday, after checking out, we had to take a big box to Fed Ex of stuff we got at the SEMA show. After that, ate finally for the first time at In N Out Burger. That's been on my list for years now. Drove out to the Hoover Damn to see the progress on the new road. Then on to Ethyl M's for Eddie's candy fix. One last drive down the strip before going back to Alamo. Got to the airport 2 hours before flight and everything is great. Since we take off at 7 pm, we decide to get sandwiches to go at Flatbreadz to go and that's when we get the phone call from US Airways that our flight was delayed by 3 hours. Got back home at 3 am on Saturday morning. Already planned our next trip. It's from Oct. 31 to November 5th. in 2009. Don't forget if anyone wants to meet up.

Sema Show
  2. texas_aggie_girl_93

texas_aggie_girl_93 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you & hubby were able to experience a lot of new things together.

Sorry you were so disappointed in the show. Wow....that's too bad. I'd hoped his show would have improved a little.

3. lvchic80

lvchic80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing your TR! How's the food/atmosphere at Diablo's? I've got them on my long list of resturants I want to try. BTW, I'm not far from you.. I'm out in Wylie :)

4. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did Chris's show just not live up to your expectations; or, was it just bad and a waste of money? I've seen his show on tv a couple of times and thought that I might catch his show in Vegas. I've not eaten at the HoB Gospel Brunch do they usually just serve you one alcoholic drink for the cheaper price?

5. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Criss Angel's show is just bad period. When he first came out to the audience, that was great but then the show started. The show itself is just bad. It's long, boring, dull mess. If he just did something with himself and left that long storyline out, it would be better but the storyline is awful.
    When I called for Gospel tickets and was told they were $52, I told them their website said they were $38. She said that this price of $52 was a special for the month of November and was all you can drink Mimosas and Bloody Mary's only.

Sema Show
  6. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for posting your TR. 3 hour delay - what a drag!

later, GVJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.