1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Airline Fees for Major Airlines

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Beach Crazy, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2016
  2. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure off the top of my head what Southwest's policies are on unaccompanied minors or overweight bags but:

NO fee for 1st or 2nd check bags
    NO fee for seat selection
    NO fee for beverage (non-alcoholic/non-energy drink)
    NO fee for snack

NO pets are allowed on Southwest, not even as checked baggage

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta just started charging for preferred seats when you check in... $15 for an exit row.

4. Double_Down

Double_Down Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This info is posted on Southwest's site (last updated on 9/15/08):

Attached Files:

5. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As part of Delta's merger with Northwest, starting Dec 5 they are charging $15 for the first checked bag:grrr: If you booked before Nov 5, you don't have to pay. We booked Nov 8:rolleyes2: Oh well, it's just a weekend trip to NYC and we were planning to go carry-on anyway, but if I do lots of shopping, I'll have to check something on the return. At least $15 is cheaper than UPS would be......

6. LVLady

LVLady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delta and Northwest both charge extra now for preferred seating, ailse seats at the front of coach and exit rows all have charges. You can't book these til the day before your flight. Reg. Seat Assignments are given though, these are just "upgrades".

7. carpejr2

carpejr2 Smokey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Carry-on bags

I am curious to know how picky AA is on checking the size of a carry-on bags. I just bought one, but worried it may be a little larger than allowed. I went by the size on the label, but after measuring it myself at home I found it a bit larger. I do not want to have to check it since we are already checking one large bag at $15 each way. What size are most of the carry-on luggage that people see others using (not personal item)? I may decide to take it back and buy a smaller one.

Two years ago I bought 2 very nice 29" luggage with 360 spinner wheels. I am also worried about those being heavy and oversize. I only plan on taking one this year since I am taking a carry-on as well. I read conflicting information on how they are measured. Do I measure from the floor up to the handle (including wheels and handle), or just the luggage compartment area? We have ALWAYS used the bell captains at the curb since they have never weighed my luggage. Well worth the extra fee and tip. When I picked up my bags coming and leaving LV, my checked bag had a tag with HEAVY on it. Now I am concerned about the one checked bag and the carry-on.

any advise is appreciated.

8. sivled

sivled MIA

airline fares

Now maybe just maybe Southwest (our rebel airline ) has decided to leave sleeping dogs lie and keep making us customers happy. I have NOT seen very many Southwest increases compared to the others. Yes I do know it will happen but as long as they keep doing what they are doing now I will be happy.

Dennis

9. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've updated the first post with a page from Kayak.com that lists the current fees.

10. Icedgenes

Icedgenes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked through Delta a month ago for a late spring trip. Aisle and window seats are open for no extra fees. They offer upgrades for a fee to sit closer to the exits.

11. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm pretty sure Southwest allows pets - $95 per carrier - up to 2 small pets (of the same species) per carrier. Must fit under the seat. It's on their website and I know I've seen them on at least one or two flights over the last couple of years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.