1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Downtown + Cher

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by DonD, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

The wife had been saying she wanted to see Cher, so I called and got reservations for Tuesday night’s performance. Tickets are not cheap but we don’t see very many shows so what the hell. :cry:

We checked into our room at the Plaza and drove over the Caesar’s Palace to play a little and meet sanonofresurfer (Larry.) We sat at the bar and played VP while waiting for Larry. He called my cell and told me he was going to be late because he was babysitting. He can explain the details if he wants to. When he showed up, I asked him what he wanted to drink and he said whatever you are drinking which was a vodka tonic. I learned a while back not to drink beer when going to shows. My drinks had been comped because of the VP and the bartender said it was $10 for his drink, holy crap; I’m use to $2 buds. Now I know why I stay downtown all the time.

It was time for the show and Larry and I said our goodbyes and stuff. To get into the show, you have to go thru a metal detector and they used flashlights to look into purses. Wow, these strip people must be pretty tough.

The show was great. Our seats were in the sixth row, aisle, second section over. It was nice to be able to see her close up. She doesn’t look 62 at all. She must have a very good doctor. She isn’t afraid to say the “F†word at all. When she first came onstage, she said that she hoped that we were a better audience than the one the night before. She said it was like singing to a f__king oil painting.

Headed back to the Plaza after the show and won some $ playing blackjack. The next day was a winning day also so we decided to stay another day. That was a mistake. I ended up losing my winnings plus a couple hundred. After several losing hands of BJ I decided to take some money to FSE and bought some goodies that I had been eying for a long time. We even had one of those sculptures made. That guy is pretty good. I will post pictures when I get a chance.

Driving home was marred by a SUV flying thru the air heading right for our car. It was unbelievable. This SUV must have turned three or four times in the air and then rolled another four or five times on the ground. At one moment I thought that we had had it. Both the wife and I were sick to our stomachs for over an hour.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Holy s#1t Don! Glad you all had a good trip and made it home in one piece.

3. Souette

Souette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Driving home was marred by a SUV flying thru the air heading right for our car. It was unbelievable. This SUV must have turned three or four times in the air and then rolled another four or five times on the ground. At one moment I thought that we had had it. Both the wife and I were sick to our stomachs for over an hour."

Holy Crap!!!:eek: Glad to hear that 'yall are o.k. I'm afraid to ask about the SUV folks. :(

I'd like to see Cher at least once. Even as a teenager, I thought she was so attractive. I thought her little "fang" (eye teeth) and dark hair were cool and set her apart from the cookie-cutter blondes of the 70's.

Were you and your wife happy with the production of the show?
    And how was the audience that night?
    Thanks for sharing.

4. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very happy. There was one Drag Queen that was very nice. Too nice. :eek:

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dammit Larry!

6. sanonofresurfer

sanonofresurfer Dude

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hell...Don had already bought me one drink. I figured if I got dressed up, he might buy me another one.

You know I'm a sucker for free drinks.:drunk:

7. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not gonna say anything, I'm not gonna say anything, I'm not gonna say anything! :evillaugh

8. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn, that decision to stay an extra day almost cost you more that just your winnings. I would have had to change my pants after the SUV incident and had the car detailed when I got back home.

9. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Glad to hear you and Miss Jennifer survived the SUV incident! That had to be a "life flashing before your eyes" moment. So glad you two are safe and sound. :blowkiss:

10. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    DonD - thanks for the post. Glad y'all didn't become statistics for that stretch of highway.

later, GVJ

11. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is it with that road between Vegas & southern Cal? John & I almost got taken out in January on our way back from meeting Lar at Stone Brewing. Or.... is it meeting up with Lar that makes your life flash before your eyes?? Dammit Larry! Stop flashing!

12. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG Don, so glad you made it home safely. It seems that on the less crowded days, people are just crazier with their driving, as yesterday, some idiot kept switching lanes and at some point he start swirving as the wind was really strong and almost lost control. After that, he stayed in the right hand side lane.

13. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good time Don except the SUV.

14. pattiinontario

pattiinontario "PATTI-O-LANTERNS"

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Son of a biscuit Don. That is just too close for comfort. So glad that you and the lovely Miss Jennifer didn't get hurt.
    Glad you gave the thumbs up on Cher. I can't wait to see her. It is something I have wanted to do since I was a kid with bangs over my eyes and a ring on each finger. ;)

Too funny Lar. I bet you were one hot momma!! ,,,,,,,lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.