1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

long awaited...and still delayed

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Bizzy, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bizzy

Bizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

So I typed out my trip report and then got logged out of T2V so I'm not in the mood to type it again right now...but here are a couple of pictures...

2. bigbam

bigbam Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    double fisted. I love it.

3. kitson

kitson VIP Whale

given the alternative, i would be sniffing the drink, too!

4. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great pics....Two fisted drinking allows you to get drunk faster.:drunk:

5. Bizzy

Bizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 guys, 2 girls 21-25 years old

Day 1:

We leave home early in the morning so we can good a good start on the road. S crashed at my place the night before so we only had to stop to fill up on gas and get Shar at her house. We made it pretty much without incident in less than five hours, even though we missed the first part of the freeway. We got to check in and the first thing the guy at the counter says is: “WHO DO YOU KNOW?!?!?!â€

We ended up (due to a good friend at MGM) with a 2 bedroom, 1500 sq foot suite for $180 a night over the weekend. Score! The room wasn’t ready yet so we met our friend J who got us the room in the first place. We treated him to lunch at the café as a way to say thank you. The café food was ok but the service was a special type of slow. We go up to the room and find that the maid won’t be done for another hour still. Sigh. We go downstairs and hit Fat Tuesday’s for some large drinks with extra shots in them. We decide to walk around on the strip until the room is ready.

We cross the street and walk through NYNY before taking the shuttle to Mandalay. I was the only one who had ever been in Mandalay so the other two wanted to check it out. (Our 4th person, GG, was in town for a family thing but wanted to party with us at night, so she won’t show up until later in the story.) I manage to kill my giant drink well before anyone else because, well, that’s just how I roll. Finally we get back and the room is ready. This place is huge and so nice. I get my own bedroom and bathroom. I let S and Shar (who are semi-dating) have the room with the Jacuzzi tub. We have a panoramic view of the airport (ha) and a wet bar. Multiple chairs and couches furnish the place. We all reluctantly leave the room to retrieve our bags from the car. By the type I get back to the room I am sweating from the exertion. I forgot all these suites are at the END of the hallways.
    We all unpack and I decide the Jacuzzi tub is calling me…after I fill up my giant plastic cup with a lot of booze of course. S and I squeeze into the hot tub together just to say that we did. Eventually, S decides that he is tired from driving so Shar and I grab Solo cups of booze and head for the monorail. I am taking her to my favorite day spot: Carnival Court. We spot two crossdressers getting on the Monorail that are taller than I am with their heels. Just one of those Vegas things you come to expect I guess. Carnival Court is already going off early on a Friday afternoon so we join in on the festivities. Shar finds some older guys to buy her drinks while I make rounds around the bar…flirting with groups of girls for fun. I eventually make it back to Shar who has a pile of empty drinks in front of her. She convinced the guys that I was gay (even though I’m talking to nothing but girls) so that they would buy me drinks too. Uhh, thanks Shar? I get into a chugging contest with some girl and…things start to get a little hazy from then on. I end up leaving with a very drunk Shar in tow. (The next day I found four or five text messages from girls I had talked to that I don’t even remember talking to. Oops.) Shar is so drunk I pretty much have to manhandle her back onto the monorail…which leaves me bleeding in the process. We get back to the room and she crashes onto her bed…waking up S. S gets up and we decide to stroll through the hotel with fresh drinks, leaving the drunk woman facedown in the bed, as you do. We grab some food and come back to the hotel…by this time I am on my second wind and ready for anything. GG calls us and finds out where exactly we are staying. In the meantime, S and I are starting to get ready for the nightlife. GG shows up and we immediately start making her little sober self drink. Mind you, she is about 5 feet even. We turn on the new Daft Punk live album to get the party started and I proceed to go to Shar’s room and beat her with as many pillows as I can find until she gets up. She gets ready and we have a nice little preparty before heading to Body English. Somewhere around this time I get my “every time I go to Vegas dry air/air conditioning /people smoking†nosebleed. I have completely forgotten about the girls I had invited to come with us so the four of us catch a cab to the Hard Rock.

I find my host and he says we can go in as soon as Jessica Simpson and her entourage go inside. We wait about five minutes and go in…no line and no cover. Score! I was feeling pretty good at this point but that would end. Apparently ladies get free champagne so the girls kept handing me champagne…to go with the long island I had. Hence the double-fisting picture. GG buys us Scooby Snack shots (bad idea) and somehow I also end up with a rum and coke. Ok…whatever. Then the long hand of whatever god I pissed off decides to slap me…S orders Washington Apples for the two of us. As soon as I get it down I realize its going to be coming up back up very shortly. I head straight to the bathroom and puke in a…urinal.

Nobody in the bathroom seemed even fazed. I walk out feeling much better and a lot less drunk. Unfortunately, GG is completely trashed so I decide I have to take her back to the hotel. Shar can’t find S but says she will meet with us later. Again I am walking a very drunk girl back to our transportation. We make it all the way back up to the hotel room where I immediately find the need to relieve my bladder. I leave the bathroom and find GG passed out ON MY BED. Now, she is staying with family at NYNY but apparently she found her place to crash for the night. Sigh. At least she is tiny. I find a little piece of bed and go to sleep….

AND WAKE UP TO SHAR STANDING OVER ME WHILE I SLEEP!! Ok, creepy. She says that she couldn’t find S but that she is back. I say I will send him a message and she leaves the room. S texts me back saying he is getting in a cab. I go back to sleep…

AND WAKE UP TO S STANDING OVER ME WHILE I SLEEP!! What is with these people?? He mumbles, very drunkenly, “I lost my phone,†and walks out of the room. It turns out that he went to the bathroom in Body English after me and puked in the stall. He had his head in the toilet and was trying to use the handle to flush but all those stalls have automatic flushers…

He then passed out with his pants down in the stall. Eventually security pulled him out and put him outside…where he promptly passed out in some bushes. Somewhere along the way he lost his cell. He managed to wake up and get into a cab and make it back.

Wow.

Stay tuned for days two and three.

6. DonD

DonD VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great start! :nworthy:

7. KimberlyJ

KimberlyJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow! this is interesting . . . i'm glad you guys made it home!:beer:

8. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

I have the same nosebleed problem in Las Vegas. You can buy saline solution nasal spray which will take care of the problem. Interestingly enough, I found out about this from an episode of Newlyweds where Nick Lachey was having the same problem.

9. Bizzy

Bizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :poke:

So, after waking and finding my bathroom annihilated do to drunken people staggering through it…I realize that food eventually would be a very good idea. I seem to be the least hungover of the 4 of us, but food sounds good. My friend Rod came into town and was supposed to party with us the whole time but got kind of distracted by the EIGHT GIRLS HE CAME WITH. Bastage! Rod comes to get a room key to get into the MGM pool and go to Wet Republic. He is awe of our room though. S and Shar are lounging around and hating life while GG and I are watching tv in my bedroom. GG remembers she is supposed to go eat with her mom and aunts who are also in town for her aunt’s bday. She invites me along to lunch. S says he is going to try and get a new cell phone and Shar is just going to be lazy and enjoy the Jacuzzi for a bit.

GG and I leave for NYNY to meet with her family. We hit her room so she can shower/change and I watch the beginning of the NFL draft. Introductions are made and we decide on a Mexican food place…can’t remember the name and I’m way too lazy to look it up. A couple of us order bloody marys which come in the smallest possible glasses they had. What a ripoff. The fajitas I ordered definitely hit the spot if not being the most tasty ones I’d ever had. The whole time I am trying desperately to see who the Chargers drafted…to no avail. I don’t get to find out until the whole trip is over.

GG and I decide to head back to the MGM for the pool. We call Shar and she says she will meet us down there later. Rod is partying in Wet Republic but I don’t feel like paying a bunch of money to go meet with him. GG and I lounge around the pool until S and Shar show up…Shar promptly gets us slushy drinks and I am in heaven watching beautiful women in bikinis strut their stuff. Every now and then my friends have to get my attention to bring me back to reality. Eventually Rod shows up to give my key back and I head back to the room with my friends. We start the drinking process in the room again (ugh) and GG leaves to get ready for club time. Jet is on the itinerary for the night, as our friend works there. He says we will be on the guest list and to just show up early. We get the Daft Punk CD rocking again (rock rock rock rock) and booze it up. Of course my nose starts to bleed at this point…again.

We grab a cab and are off to the Mirage. We are there too early so we grab a beer and a slice of pizza in the little café. Finally they start letting people in and we hop in the VIP line…after about 20 minutes we get in for free as well. Score!

I now have my 2nd favorite club in Vegas. The ceiling light show and big dance floor is perfect for me. We spend much of the time standing by the bar. This girl keeps looking my way but being with a couple and a single girl makes for an effective form of birth control. Our bartender was gorgeous.

Awesome things that happened: Saw a guy drop and shatter his bottle of Goose at his table. Saw a girl get a faceful of ground after trying to show off her pole-dancing skills. And best of all, the bartender getting hit on by some dude and having her point at me and say “I’d love to spend time with you, but I’m going home with him tonight.†This was news to me. Unfortunately for both my ego and my sudden good mood, she was just telling the guy off. Sad panda.
    We leave because the girls want to go to a strip club…unfortunately their feet also hurt so they want to go back and change shoes. We all know what this means…

We are going back to the hotel and will never make it to the strip club. And that is exactly what happens. The girls get comfy on the couch while we are getting them food and are both snoring when we get back from downstairs. Sigh. S was playing it up while we were talking about the strip club but then doesn’t want to go if the girls aren’t going. Fail.

10. Bizzy

Bizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    More pics...I threw up promptly after the shot in the first pic

11. Bizzy

Bizzy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The girls, a creepy old man buying the girls drinks, and a mid-club nosebleed.

12. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure glad y'all survived! Great TR. Enjoyed the additional pics.

later, GVJ

13. rdrfn70

rdrfn70 Low-Roller

Great report! Nose Bleed.... vegas dry air ........ok I got ya!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.