1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Pre-trip Report- Are we cursed?

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by swanny, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swanny

swanny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

I sure hope the gods of good luck are saving everything for when we get to Vegas. We leave in approximately 15 hours and here is how the past day has gone:

1- Our 3 year old had a fever last night. She had an ear infection earlier this week and apparently the antibiotic was not doing the job. Thankfully she is doing much better now, after we made an emergency appointment today and got a stronger antibiotic.

2- Our 11 year old hurt his foot earlier this week and aggravated it today at his basketball game. He'll be ok, but we may need to take him to the docs when we get back if it is still bothering him

3- My computer monitor went dead today around 1:30. I needed it to do my early check-in for Southwest. Had to run to Staples, pick out a new one, then come home and install it. All within 90 minutes. I did managed to get A41 & A42 for our boarding pass, so the effort was worth it.

4- About an hour and a half ago, we saw small red stains on the freshly cleaned kitchen floor. My 13 year old Black Lab had broken a nail (it was halfway off) and she was limping. I had to do an emergency nail-ectomy and she is doing great. No more bleeding and she is not limping either. Our dog sitter is coming over early tomorrow and will take her to the vet if she is having any problems tomorrow. She seems fine now though.

Quite a day. Sorry to bore you all with my problems, just wanted to vent a little. If nothing further happens, I should be there with my wife in less than 21 hours. Then all of today's troubles will quickly be forgotten and our Vegas adventure will begin. Kids & pets will be with trusted people and we will be among the Vegans (or whatever they're called)

I'd also like to take the time now to thank all of you who have posted such great info over the past few months. It made planning this trip much easier than the last one. Detailed trip report will be posted within a few days after I return.

Regards,
    Swanny

2. IllMarty

IllMarty Orangutan

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Life throws curveballs. Just have to be able to hit the hanging ones. Looks like you'll do fine.

3. jillmn

jillmn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, you're not cursed!! Your story sounds something like the days leading up to our last Vegas trip. We both got colds, one of our dogs thought she was Evel Kinevel and hurt her leg, and the night before we left, our refrigerator died. Our dog sitter was ok with only having the basement refrigerator and freezer, so that worked out. Sophie had some pain meds and was doing much better by the time we left. We still ended up having a great time...I think because, by that time, we NEEDED that vacation! :thumbsup:

Have fun and try not to worry about stuff back home.

4. swanny

swanny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Jill & Marty.

Things are much better this morning. Dog & kids are all doing better and in 1 hour we will be heading to the airport (FINALLY!). Even the weather outlook for Vegas during our trip looks pretty decent. From this point forward, I'm in a Vegas state of mind....

5. Cleveland Gary

Cleveland Gary Low-Roller

hope all is well and you are having fun...I HATE those nasty ear infections!

6. shitzumama

shitzumama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dog, Kids, computer will all be fine. Just have a good time. Relax and enjoy. Sounds like you're luck was turning around anyway. Trip Report when you get back please.

7. tnkc

tnkc High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Despite all of your challenges, just know that I'm very envious of your upcoming trip! I hope the kids (and animals) are all okay. Once you're touched down and settled, I'm sure you'll be very happy!

8. OnTheHorizon

OnTheHorizon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just think how much you'll be enjoying your trip after some of those setbacks!!! You'll enjoy your trip even more - because you need it.

9. OK Pabst

OK Pabst Grinder

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure that red stain on your white kitchen floor wasn't whine.

10. Emerald

Emerald Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe with all that "bad" luck before your trip will have have "good" luck in Vegas.. :wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.