1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cosmo : Tell me about Blue Ribbon

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by LV_Bound, Mar 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those who have eaten there :

What is a good appetizer?

How is their steak? Which do they do well and any to avoid?

How is their Fried Chicken? Why not just go to Hatti B's instead?

Is the Wagyu Burger worth the $35?

What do you recommend for dessert? How is the Chocolate Bruno which is the only item that caught my eye.

2. DegenasaurusRex

DegenasaurusRex Short arms , hot dice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had the Fondue, bone marrow and raw oysters . All were excellent

3. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like the baked oyster appetizer and enjoy the fried chicken. The collard greens are a disappointment though, pretty bland. Haven’t had room for dessert.

4. ReTriggerMe

ReTriggerMe Stand Up to Jewish Hate!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think this restaurant is very good and like someone mentioned above, it doesn’t get the hype or credit. I have eaten there three times I think and had excellent service also on all three occasions. Rather than ordering the fried chicken for an entree you could order the chicken wings which are basically done the same way that their fried chicken is if you don’t want to commit to a portion of chicken. We always split a wedge salad and I appreciate that they offer to cut it up and mix it up for you and split it if you want to share a salad. We have also had the pork chops and the lamb chops there and both were really excellent. My wife is obsessed with the minted peas that come with the pork chops. Unfortunately I have never tried a steak there but I might on our next trip when we are having dinner there on Easter Sunday. My wife did get the cheeseburger last time we went and she thoroughly enjoyed it. One thing I like about it flying a little under the radar is I have never had any issue making a reservation there online and since we stay often as Cosmo in the Boulevard tower it’s just so convenient. I don’t think we’ve ever made it to dessert but do plan on trying the chocolate Bruno. I would say that we have never had what I would consider an “epic meal “ there such as Michael Mina or Zuma’s premium Omakase tasting menu, Blue Ribbon has consistently provided a really delicious meal for us with friendly and timely service and we have never felt disappointed in our choice to dine there.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Vegas_Marauder

Vegas_Marauder Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My sentiments exactly re: the fried chicken and collard greens. The chicken is way better than Hattie B.'s. I went there for steak but everyone around me was eating the fried chicken, so I ordered it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the fondue there when I wasn’t too hungry. It was great, especially the potatoes. I didn’t identify the bread sticks as food until it was too late lol. I don’t know what i was thinking.

My friends usually get the fried chicken dinner. It seems quite popular. I think the paella has gotten thumbs down on this board at least twice.

Last time I went I again wasn’t that hungry so I just got a sashimi dish and it hit the spot without leaving me overstuffed.

What I really like is that atmosphere - there is lots of space, the lighting is pleasant without being too dark, and the noise isn’t off the charts. I always enjoy the last meal of the trip there, even though I’m clearly not all that hungry at that point!

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Packbacker

Packbacker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at the bar and had truly outstanding service. cream of tomato soup, skirt steak with truflle butter, potato skins, and creme brulee. All were excellent.

Bday trip
    • Like Like x 2
  9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback.
    If their chicken is better than Hatti B's, it may be my choice to try as an appetizer for sure, but leave the main course for a steak or maybe that $35 burger.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    F
    It's a huge portion. I only finish half

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jspigare

Jspigare Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Support for the fried chicken, best I've had anywhere!

12. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The waitstaff has told me that the restaurant was and is built on the fried chicken. I really enjoyed the fried chicken wing appetizer.

• Love Love x 1
  13. DegenasaurusRex

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m trying to find in my itinerary coming up a spot for this fried chicken.Sounds like manna from heaven

• Like Like x 1
  14. ReTriggerMe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I love Blue Ribbon... depending on your itinerary, geography, etc...

VMBers opine that Yardbird in V/P has fantastic fried chicken. I've never been, so no personal recc.

• Like Like x 1
  15. DegenasaurusRex

Trips to Las Vegas:
    never been there either. X pot made the list for our upcoming trip.

16. irishdave

irishdave VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did a taste test on back to back nights with a group between Blue Ribbon and Yardbird. Several in the group were devoted Yardbird fans, but everyone agreed Blue Ribbon had the best fried chicken

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Kachow

Kachow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven’t actually ordered their fried chicken as an entree but I will say when I’ve see. Others order it, it did look like a massive portion. Might be an entire half chicken. I think if my wife or I ever order it as a entree, I would just eat the dark meat and she could have the white and I’m confident it would be enough food.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Slidey1

Slidey1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe we just had an off night when we went, but I will say of all the places to eat in Cosmopolitan this restaurant is our least favorite. It’s interesting to me seeing people comparing their fried chicken to Yardbird and preferring it. Everything was just very meh. We had oysters, chicken, a steak, and dessert. Not terrible or anything but just really kind of bland.

19. Calumet

Calumet Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree on the best fried chicken. We often go for HH...hummus, salad and the charcuterie board make a great two person mix and the house wines are also very good. Get some wings to go if your housing situation allows.

20. Horseplayer1

Horseplayer1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten there a few times. Each time the service was excellent ,as was my food. Have had the Lobster a couple of times, which comes with baked potato ( used to come with baked potato and corn on cob), and the skirt steak, which was perfectly cooked and delicious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.