1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$34.95 Battistas Chicken Alfredo vs Ellis Island $13.99 Alfredo

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by SeattleSteve, Feb 4, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeattleSteve

SeattleSteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently at the Horseshoe . On the plane I had a hankering for creamy Alfredo.

I happen to be equidistant from two places that serve it. My question is, is the $35 Batista Alfredo 3x better than Ellis Islands version?

Any Vegas 'Fredo experts here?

I'm going to EI for burgers in a minute. I'M IN VEGAS YAY

PXL_20230205_003856563.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not huge on Alfredo sauce despite being positively huge on Italian food. I can provide two insights though...

1. One of my Vegas pals (who is a bit of a picky eater and one of her favourite dishes is that very thing) went to Ellis Island ONCE on my recommendation for good gambling, and had what she considered to be one of the worst Alfredo pastas of her life at the restaurant, to the point that she brings it up every time I mention Ellis Island now :eek: :) I realize that's only one person's experience and opinion, though hopefully it helps some...

2. I'm fairly certain that the pricing at Battista's is "all in", inclusive of unlimited house wine as well. So bear that in mind as a factor in the price.

One place you didn't mention... you may want to consider Tuscany Gardens at Tuscany just a little bit farther down Flamingo. It appears they serve fettuccini Alfredo, though definitely seems to be more "fine dining". If my objective was to have that dish in the region you're in right now, I would consider that to be the surest bet in terms of a quality dish, even if a bit more expensive.

https://www.tuscanylv.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/TG-Food-Menu-7.1.22.pdf

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the chicken Alfredo at Battistas a few years ago. I suggest going elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had Alfredo at Battista's. I, too, suggest elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I only suggest this from the perspective of "Perhaps you've had it before and like it and therefore this is a safe bet", and not "I specifically recommend choosing to go to this place while in Las Vegas"... but there is an Olive Garden not too far from where you're staying in the Showcase Mall just across from Park MGM. There's another one a straight-shot down East Flamingo (though not walking distance), and the menu prices are SLIGHTLY cheaper it seems... and probably less busy being off-strip.

https://www.olivegarden.com/locations/nv/las-vegas/las-vegas-showcase-mall/6448

[TENTATIVE Late Jul/Early Aug] Vegas by way of Chicago/Elko/Reno!
    • Love Love x 1
  6. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the _______ at Battistas. I suggest going elsewhere. :thumbsup:

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bravo!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. SeattleSteve

SeattleSteve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all so much, lol. I don't have anything against Olive Garden per se, and who knows they may have perfected the Alfredo Arts.

It'd make a fun report - OLIVE vs TUSCANY Gardens Vegas!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Jer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And let’s face it, I wanted to like it there. But I just didn’t. If people do, that’s awesome.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BTrain929

BTrain929 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd suggest Nora's, West of the strip.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess I'm Odd Girl Out on this again. I can never remember having a bad meal there. And I know the wine is probably bag-in-box, but you can indeed get pleasantly gooned on it before and during dinner.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never been to Battistas. EI has great gravy, the steak special (it's so cheap! Esp if you gamble a llittle and get the coupon).

Alfredo is one of the few dishes I never get when dining out, because I can make good fettucine alfredo myself. I cannot for the life of me cook a steak, so even the EI steak special is worth getting, lol.

Glad you're back in Vegas, share some photos -- your last TR was enjoyable!

• Like Like x 2
  13. MCOtoLAS

MCOtoLAS Vegas Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the best alfredos I've had in Vegas was at a restaurant in a mall off strip called Mama Olivia's, which has since closed. It was prepared tableside in a giant parmesan cheese wheel. This was pre-covid though. I feel like I've seen it recently advertised somewhere else in Vegas but can't remember where. Maybe someone else knows? If it's anything like what they served at Mama Olivia's, definitely amazing and worth a ride if it's outside the area you're in.

I haven't been to Ellis Island and I don't think I've had the alfredo at Battista's, but I'm also in the camp of while it's not inedible, you're likely to find better almost anywhere else at a similar price point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  14. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not a top tier Italian spot, but decent food at a reasonable price for Vegas. And inexpensive after dinner drinks next door at Stage Door

Summer heat for Independence Day week...
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No odd girl out! Completely know people that swear by the place (with those exact words, “for the price in Vegas, you can’t go wrong) so I understand your position. Also they say, “You can’t go wrong with free wine!” Maybe my problem there was I wasn’t drinking wine yet like I do now? :drunk:

I will give the place props for the atmosphere though. That was kinda nice to experience.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  16. joespoolhall

joespoolhall VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been there twice. First on a guys trip that found the food acceptable and the entertainment, a guitarist that did parody songs, great. Second time for a B-Day get together where the Seafood Fett was a bit watery and the entertainment, the old accordianist, quaint but not so great. The entrance with pics of celebs, all the minitures and the lounge are unique. My plan would be to stop there for a drink or two and then go to Tuscany, Olive Garden, Buca de Beppo or any number of other Italian joints.

• Like Like x 2
  17. LB9

LB9 PH Blackjack Degen

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As noted above, if you want sustenance and a fair bit of food for the price, certainly a decent place to go and it's an experience. That being said, if you want authentic Italian food in Nevada, that's not particularly common in the first place in my opinion but if you're open to driving/venturing out a bit further, Los Olivos (sort of near Sam's Town) and Capo's Restaurant are, at least in my opinion, two of the better options by a good margin. Both of these places require a drive, however, they're 1) very affordable for both the portion & quality of food and 2) if you want leitimately authentic Italian food you'll find in NJ/NY, these are the only 2 places I've found remotely close. They're not fancy per se (Capo's is certainly unique to be fair), but don't let the facade fool you insofar as how the food will be.

Alternatively, if you don't want to leave the general area above, @notfromconcentrate I believe mentioned Tuscany Gardens which I'm sure is a decent bet. I just wouldn't go to Battistas expecting "authentic Italian" food because it's not, same goes with Olive Garden but that should be self-explanatory lol. Those thinking it is are likely from an area outside of the Northeast corridor without such exposure to people from Italy making Italian food, are not Italian, or both (likely this one).

Hope you have a blast wherever you go and share some pics!

• Like Like x 1
  18. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bootleggers (south of the Strip on LV Blvd) makes their own Alfredo sauce in house. Comes as a side with their Veal Saltimboca.

I am not an Alfredo fan, but one of the guys I was with was enamored with it.

upload_2023-2-5_10-10-34.png

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. ken2v

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alfredo is easy to make and easy to fuck up.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  20. Dms79

Dms79 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Side sloping three foot putts are, as well, easy to make and easy to fuck up.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.