1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

We Keep Staying for Longer and Longer and Still Don't Want to Leave!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by tringlomane, Sep 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OUTSTANDING TRIP REPORT!!! :nworthy:

THANK YOU so much for taking us along.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!

3. mr.vegas

mr.vegas Peace sells, but who's buying?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report Tring.

• Like Like x 1
  4. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @tringlomane with your luck, I think the next step should be a combined trip featuring “The Tring” and “The Ron.” You guys might take down Vegas

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yay M! More pool time. More Vegas.

Same here, that bed was rock hard.

Glad you got everything back. Good on you Mirage housekeeping! Housekeeping at Mirage has always been way up there in our 20 years experience.

Never knew you could put a hold on a specific room in advance! Glad y’all had the perfect room - twice - at MGMGrand.

Thanks @tringlomane for sharing the details and experiences y’all had, impressed with how much territory was covered with plenty of pool time and gambol too. Favorite pics are you and M in red and blue at Mirage - lovely couple you two - and all your pics were super good. Winner, winner……

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One question.. Maybe this was explained before but how did an American dude become a fan of the Quebec Nordiques? Do you speak Quebecois and love poutine?

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for reading everyone!

I did actually go solo once, a long time ago, and had a pretty good time, but I also went when several other members of an online poker forum were there. Sounds familiar huh? Lol But of all the members, I stayed the longest (another shocker. Lol) But unlike most of my recent trips, I had pretty bad luck most of the trip, so I was pretty gambled out at that point. By the last full day I was definitely missing M and was just generally bummed.

That last night I didn't even gamble until about 10pm and donked around for cheap for my "free beer". Hit this at Flamingo. My first Royal in Vegas!

dealtroyal (2).jpg

And it was dealt! I just muttered "holy shit" for a couple of minutes. My neighbor probably was annoyed as hell. Also that night I bought my "lucky Flamingo shirt" that was on clearance for $4 in the gift shop. I bring it every trip.

And in another weird coincidence I bumped into a former coworker randomly in Vegas afterward.

With that Royal hit though I got pretty wired. That wasn't good for the 8am flight home. I barely slept. Doh.

No, I'm from St. Louis originally, and I am pretty sure I would hate poutine. I did take French in high school and college though even though Spanish would have been a ton more practical.

It mostly stemmed from me liking "underdogs" in sports growing up. And when I was young, the Nordiques SUCKED. But I was pissed that when they moved the team to Colorado, they won the Stanley Cup in their FIRST year, WTF???

I do like wearing the Nordiques gear though. I get a lot of compliments in Vegas.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Tutontow

Tutontow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks so much for taking the time to write this report. I thoroughly enjoyed it. IMHO you do it right. You not only gamble but you make it into a true vacation. I love me some Ellis Island. I seem to have the best luck there and they always seem to give me free BBQ and craft beer. On a side note you are blessed with a great companion that is willing to go to LV for well over a week. Repeat after me, after 40 years of marriage. Yes dear, I totally agree, that is a great idea. You will have a lot less stressful vacations in the future. I think you leave a winner because you don't get greedy and you are content to walk away with modest wins and go eat, go to the pool etc. Keep doing what you are doing and good luck in the future.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vtamanda

Vtamanda VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great TR Tring! Tell M I loved her red dress!:love:

Twentieth Anniversary Extravaganza
    Dita! Girls trip
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you been to Quebec? Poutine is DEEELICIOUS!! Maybe they have it at Bar Canada? You can try Caesars and Canadian beer too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and amazing luck! Congrats on the winning streak!

• Like Like x 1
  13. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoyed your report and photos. I love M’s red dress!! The off the shoulder was very cute too.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Spock

Spock Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great read. Well done Tring. Looks like both you and M had a very nice tim. Thank you to M for the lovely photos and the dress looks really good on her.

Best wishes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree, nice dress.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. luckylinda

luckylinda High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report and some nice wins!

• Like Like x 1
  17. CtheWorld

CtheWorld Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you considered getting one of the free refill mugs? I got one years ago and can still use it. It’s good at a bunch of the food courts on the strip.

I think we may have overlapped at the lazy river, had I known I would have looked for you to say hi.

If it’s the same paytable as the machines at elCortez (9/6 on the 5 card hand, and for 7-card pays nothing for 2 pair, but the higher amounts for 4kind), I computed the RTP. Don’t have it in front of me but I think it’s around 99.15% with optimal play.
    During Covid I wrote some code to evaluate the game and compute the return and the right hold for each hand. That part ( with lots of help from the web) was relatively easy. Turning that into an optimal strategy (or a simple near optimal strategy) not so much.
    The optimal strategy is pretty bizarre, and can’t imagine anyone plays optimally. In some ways the strategy is similar to DB: the 5-card-flush payout on the 7-card-hand makes going for the flush common, so with 3 suited cards, hi,hi,low, hold all 3 of the suited cards. But there’s lots of other weird plays. The ones I remember:
    - Never hold just 2 unsuited hi ( except for QJ) ;
    - With just a king hi, if there’s a single suited low card with it, usually you hold that as well.
    - With aces full, hold just the 3 aces, unless the pair is 2,3,4, then hold those as well.
    - Plus some 2 to straight flush and some single low card holds.

If there’s some other paytable you’re interested in, I can run that through (assuming I can find the code and everything still works).

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  18. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Xmas 2022....come join!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. VPDeuces

VPDeuces Dishwasher safe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always have the same reaction every time I see a posted photo of a couple in Las Vegas. I say, “Look how cute they are!” Enjoyed the photos and report very much.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone! And M was happy to hear the compliments on her dress.

Yeah, in the future if we are around MGM for days, we might consider buying it at the start. Because hell, on the 3rd fill up you're saving money. Lol

Bummer. I would have said hi if I knew. :( I was very bad of keeping track of people, especially in the 2nd week. I occasionally looked at the forums while in town, but only minutes at a time. So sorry to everyone I missed while I was in town! :(

Yes that was the paytable. The minimum you needed was trips for 7 card, but juiced quad payouts. If you have the optimal strategy on hand for that paytable, I'd be interested to see it in a PM.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.