1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Slot Dollars - Use?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JayneDoe, Jul 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayneDoe

JayneDoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did we get a definitive answer as to whether we can convert Slot Dollars to Rewards Points (to use in restaurants, etc.)?

Thanks in advance!

2. Sterlinghusky

Sterlinghusky Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mgm rewards desk pulled them over to express comps and applied to my bill where I had room charged all my meals last stay in May.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JayneDoe

JayneDoe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. I have about $1,200 and would much prefer to use them for food than free play.

4. Avila0728

Avila0728 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What exactly does this mean? I have $921 in slot dollars. Is this some gimmick where it equals $9 in freeplay?

5. j_Tioseco

j_Tioseco Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can convert your slot dollars to freeplay. No need to go to the rewards desk, just do it at the slot machine. No funny math on the conversion...you get 921 in freeplay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Avila0728

Avila0728 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well hell yes. I haven’t gone since they changed rewards. I’ll probably lose Gold status this year. Been working too much to get to Vegas as often.

7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you lose Gold status at the end of this year and drop to the lowest level (Sapphire), your Slot Dollars may expire on either Feb 1 or August 1 of next year if you have no activity between now and then.

If you've at least earned Pearl (20,000 TCs) this year, they'll be good until at least Jan 31, 2024.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  8. Avila0728

Avila0728 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve got 21,000 Tier Status and have a trip planned for Diez y Seis weekend. … September 16th

9. Avila0728

Avila0728 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is the conversion from slot dollars to free play? Let’s say I have $900 in slot dollars. When we go to Vegas next month, how much free play will that be?

10. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:

11. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine says $18.18 slot dollars, which means I can convert $18 in for free play. If yours say $900.00 slot dollars, you can convert $900 to free play.

12. Mr. Martini

Mr. Martini Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $1 to $1 conversion. When you are at the machine just enter your PIN (if you don't have one just go to the MGM Rewards desk to set it up), then Press 1 to convert and follow the on-screen prompts and you are good to go.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always thought the conversion process was extremely convoluted. First time I tried it I had to go to the Rewards desk twice for help, even after looking at the little instruction pamphlet they gave me. Second time I had to google it because I couldn't remember how to do it. It is absolutely not intuitive at all.

Disclaimer: I am not a slot guy. Navigating those slot menus might be second nature to "real" slot players.

14. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess it depends on which system they are using. Borgata its just press 'Slot Dollars'. Enter your PIN. Press Transfer All or Transfer Some and then the amount.

15. vsop

vsop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a tough time navigating the system also...I had some Slot Dollars as a result of using the Mlife CC....for some reason, I thought the CC expenditures went towards your Express Comp (nka Reward Points now ?)...but, in reality the CC "points" were converted to Slot Dollars.... Since I don't play slots I inquired at the Mlife desk whether the Slot Dollars can be converted to Reward Points ... The Mlife agent said "yes"... I left about $20 in the Slot Dollar account to play and was given an instruction sheet on how to access the Slot Dollars at a slot... Didn't work for me...a slot attendant said the downloaded amount is still on my card...maybe..

16. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never used any in Vegas. Is there system there really that complicated?

17. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That happened to me... I thought $20 had just "disappeared".... I had to go back to the Rewards desk and have them walk me through it before I "found" it again. Your money is most likely still there, you'll just have to do some convoluted button pressing for it to show up.

I thought so... LOL... If you're not a slot player and don't know the system it's definitely a mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SoCalMon

SoCalMon VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find Aria being the easiest location to enter free play on a lot of their slots. You can actually choose your amount. The other locations has an older format and its not easy to get a small amount out.

19. BJG80

BJG80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone! Here is a very rookie-ish question...
    I never play slots but after the MGM Rewards program conversion I had a decent amount of points convert to slot dollars. I know I can have the converted back to comp points but I'm thinking about just playing them and seeing what happens.
    Can I just insert my card and play the slot dollars or do I need to enter cash as well?
    And anyone have any recommendations on best using them? (Since it's free play I'm thinking a high limit machine and just going for it!)

20. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You have to put in an amount of cash equal to your bet. IE, if you load $500 of freeplay, but are betting $5 a spin, you only need $5 real cash.

You make your bet, and it deducts the $5 cash from your credit meter. After the spin/hand is concluded, you are awarded your winnings (or lack thereof), to your credit meter. Then, $5 is deducted from your Freeplay, and added to your credit meter.

For example:
    $500 freeplay, insert $5 cash. Credit meter shows $5.
    Make a $5 bet, credit meter shows $0.
    Slot machine begins its spin, you win $20. $20 is added to your credit meter.
    $5 freeplay is deducted from your FP balance, and $5 added to your credit meter.
    You can now cash out $25, and have $495 Freeplay remaining.

Regarding what machine is best, different opinions on that. You can quickly convert that to nothing in high limit. I typically do $2 to $10 denom VP, but a lot of people use it as a way to extend their regular bankroll.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.