1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where did you stay the first time you were in LV as an adult?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by smerrian, Sep 4, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wes Ralls

Wes Ralls Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Summer of 2007 at the magnificent Hooters with 3 buddies. We all shared the room because we were all broke scumbags. I was the only newbie so one friend and I decided to walk the strip and a few hours later came back to the room with my other two buddies in their underwear negotiating with a less than lovely working girl.

Proceeded to leave the room for a bit to let them do their thing, then headed out to the VooDoo Lounge at the Rio when it was still a viable property and had the time of my life. Was incredibly drunk and got picked up by a lovely cougar who took me back to her room at the Hilton. I accidentally left my wallet in her room and was in panic mode the next day as I realized it after I returned to the Hooters...only to also find out that the night before, Guido the killer pimp almost murdered my 3 friends because the two dirtbags didn't pay the lovely working girl enough. I caught another cab to the Hilton and was begging the little old lady at the front desk to help me find my cougar's room (which I knew faced south and had a kitchenette) in spite of the fact that I had no idea what her name was. By some miracle of God, the front desk found her, contacted her, and she contacted me to give me my wallet back (which had all my credit cards, cash, and ID for the flight home).

My only regret is that I didn't know any better to go back to the Hilton and tip the front desk appropriately. That still haunts me...the rest of the filth, on the other hand...no regrets.

Memorial Day Extravaganza
    • Wow! Wow! x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at the Tam O'Shanter motel on the strip in the summer of 1996. Stopped for one night on my way to Seattle for my first job, coming from South Carolina. Hookers and drug addicts in the parking lot. Coin-operated jiggle bed. Filthy bedspread. Good times.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe you are the only person here whose initiation was at Bob Stupak's Vegas World. The only explanation I can think of is that everyone else who went there never wanted to set foot in Nevada again.

Did you come on one of the legendary VIP packages as advertised in Parade Magazine etc?

4. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I've heard from anyone who stayed there.

I'm curious to know if you were aware of the quality of the Tam O'Shanter before you stayed there. Did you have a reservation or just stumbled upon it and thought, "This looks horrible, it's perfect!"? :haha:

• Funny Funny x 6
  5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY READING: http://bigempire.com/vegas/bobstupak.html

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first trip as a kid was in the manor rooms at Circus Circus because my parents are idiots.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. Blueberries

Blueberries 6 of 1, half dozen of the other

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four Queens and Westward Ho.

• Like Like x 1
  8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He might have been the only one to survive it...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. azlefty

azlefty VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It did have a great view of the pirate show at Treasure Island.

• Like Like x 1
  10. sometimeslucky

sometimeslucky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first trip to Vegas was in 2000. I was with my brother, dad and uncle. We made reservations at the MGM. Thought it was going to be cool to stay at the MGM Grand.
    We were "lucky" enough to get west wing rooms. I thought this is Vegas? At least we had two rooms. Needless to say I have not stayed in the west wing on any other trip.

• Like Like x 1
  11. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My first grownup trip was in my early 20s at Sahara (circa 2010), with a couple other friends. We were all broke college students doing the usual first timer things-- roaming the strip and drinking yard cocktails, mostly. I wandered somewhere unwise in search of weed and got mugged for my cellphone. Once my friends confirmed I was okay, they mercilessly roasted me for being so stupid. I've come a long way since then.

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may have come a long way, but if they're really your friends, they're still roasting you. I'm still mocking one of my best friends for something that happened in sixth grade. Even made it part of my toast at his wedding.

• Love Love x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. NPLV

NPLV VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome topic. By adult guessing you meant 21+ and it was NYNY. Haven't stayed there since and need to.

• Love Love x 1
  14. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sahara. Probably booked from Travelocity or some such. Got hit on by middle aged men in Adidas tracksuits and gold chains. Ate at the buffet (maybe don't do that again). Wished we'd stayed at our other choice, Excalibur, because at least it looked exciting with lights.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excalibur, 1994. In the days of the kid friendly Vegas. MGM had an amusement park.

• Like Like x 2
  16. rdwoodpecker

rdwoodpecker High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Dunes, early 80’s. Played golf on the course that was attached as well. It was like over 100 degrees and it was a battle. Learned somewhat how to play craps. Hit 2 $500 payoffs on the same dollar slot.
    Wife and SIL spent an entire day playing $2 BJ at the Barbary, they had a wonderful time! Drank like sailers and both slept in the next day! Miss the cheap gamble and good food options of that time.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  17. VPDeuces

VPDeuces Dishwasher safe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    vpJacks and I had our first trip to the Flamingo. It had to be late 1989 because the Mirage had just opened. IIRC we each had $200 to gamble with for three days. He hit a payoff on a dollar slot and thought he broke the machine because the coins kept dropping. The lady in the slot carousel (remember the ladies who made change and stood on a raised platform behind the slot machines?) came over and said, “You hit $460!” He scooped up a handful of the $1 coins and gave them to her.

We saw David Brenner and Joan Rivers at the Circus Maximus.

We had barely been home a week when we received a mailed offer for a Flamingo Fling with room rates and daily buffets for three days for something like $199, which we of course booked as quickly as we could. Fun times!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  18. TableToddyy

TableToddyy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Aladdin in 1996
    Scan0013.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  19. Hockeylade

Hockeylade High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I remember walking on my previously mention first trip there for a change of scenery. No ped bridges, and essentially nothing between Ballys and the Aladdin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Legion

Legion High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Westward Ho Friday-Sun.. TI Monday-Friday..

New Frontier Friday night.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.