1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage, NYNY and many buffets

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by vegasmom, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasmom

vegasmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Warning--First trip report attempt. 2 nights at Mirage and 2 nights at NYNY.

Southwest flight was great as we got Southwest first class, empty seat between husband (H) and I. 9amish, while H was securing our rental car I called Mirage and NYNY to check on our reservations. Since it was so early we went to Silverton to play slots for a few hours until we could check in. We stayed for about 4 hours and I left there about $500 up!!! From there we headed to Palace Station for a late lunch at the Oyster Bar. This meal has become a Vegas tradition. We always have a bowl pan roasted seafood. YUMMY! It's very rich and filling and we can split one order for the two of us. From there we went to Mirage to check in, it was about 3. Unfortunately we were told our reservations had been cancelled ????? I guess when I called to check our reservation upon arrival, the guy accidentally cancelled us. We were able to get reinstated but were so disappointed in the room. It was worn, a little disheveled and not perfectly clean.

That night we headed over to Red Rock to play and had dinner at FatBurger. We like Red Rock, it's big, clean and a good variety of slot machines. Our new favorites are the WMS machines (River Belle, etc). The next day we switched rooms at the Mirage. Our initial room was just plain icky. The next room was better, but we were unimpressed. We were told that they are getting ready for a major room renovation. We had Planet HO buffet for lunch, it was good. While H watched Giants game I played slots. We both had good luck as the Giants won and I came up a little ahead. For dinner we decided to try the Wynn buffet afer reading on the board that you could get free buffet for 25 points. After an hour of play we both had enough for 2 buffets each. It was good and made even better in that it was free. I didn't win on the slots, but my losing was made comfortable and fun with comfy chairs and good drinks and drink service.

The next we day we anxiously checked out of the Mirage and into NYNY. We had requested a specific Marquis Suite room. It is a room we have stayed in at least 3 other times. Sadly our room was occupied (even though I had called a couple of hours prior and was told we had it and it was ready). Oh well, we were given another suite that was set up differently, instead of 2 tv's it has 1, not as much sq feet and basically just one big room instead of a 1/2 wall seperating bed from sitting area. We went down after having a deli sandwich in our room from Carnegie Deli. The machines at NYNY and Mirage BORE me. They are old and of no interest to me. We went play at Excalibur-yick, Luxor-bored, Mandaly Bay-fun. Back to NYNY to change for dinner.

Checked out Palazzo. Thought it smelled wonderful, lots of good slot choices and fabulous drink service and nice big drinks. While playing and drinking we decided to go over to Wynn to use our last 2 free buffets. It was good but we probably should have waited a little longer before revisiting. Went to Green Valley after dinner and had fun trying out all of their slots.

Our last day we played at Monte Carlo. They have made changes since we had been there this summer. Carpet has changed and it looks like they are moving to muted tans, reds and browns color theme. It looks like it will be a nice updated change. But for the life of me, I can not figure out why they agreed to attach Diablos onto the very front. TACKY! Had In N Out for lunch and visited the company store next door and got some goodies for our kids. Decided to revisit Red Rock and Palazzo. For dinner we had Bellagio buffet which is hands down our favorite.

Afterthoughts:
    We had a great time. We usually go to Vegas twice a year for 3 days. This 4 day trip was one day to long for us, we'll stick to 3 in the future. We enjoyed Silverton for the slot selection. We were very disappointed with the Mirage and will not stay there again. NYNY needs to revamp their Marquis Suite rooms. We overdid the buffets, 4 in 4 days is a bit much. I'd rather visit Vegas in warmer weather. I don't know what we did before we rented a car. Vegas drivers drive very fast. This wasn't a winning trip but did come home with most of my bankroll. H is bored with Vegas so it will probably be a year before we return. (say it ain't so)

2. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report. Those buffets can get to you if you don't space them out.

Definetly say it ain't so. Tell H you need a 3 dayer when it's wammer and he won't be bored.

3. ghetto71

ghetto71 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife is bored with Vegas also and wants to go somewhere tropical next year. I keep trying to tell her that Mandalay Bay and Mirage are tropical.:evillaugh

4. Reston

Reston VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't "smell" like the Venetian, does it? You know, the perfume scent that scorches your lungs?

5. vegasmom

vegasmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's that smell?

Can't say, I haven't been to Venetian in a couple of years and I've forgotten their smell. But I have to say it is very strong so if you don't like the smell it may make for an unpleasant visit. I also like the smell at Monte Carlo so I think i must go for the perfumey scents.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.