1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Running Advice for Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by rdunc311, Aug 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’m planning to go for a couple runs in the mornings in Vegas (mostly to work off some of the beverages). Any tips for best routes? I thought about just going along the Strip early enough in the morning that it shouldn’t be too crowded. I’m staying at Mandalay Bay. Any tips/advice would be appreciated.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done that walk back to my hotel a few times. There aren't many folks out and about at 6-8 in the morning, but you'll see a few here and there that are out for a Strip run. After 8am though, more folks are rolling out of bed and moving around on the Strip.

It's also a great time to play "Just getting in or just getting up" as you pass others that early in the morning ;)

3. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm part of the group that is "just getting in", that early in the morning. LOL If you get up early enough, the hotel employees are probably still doing their daily carpet cleanings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Coyot247

Coyot247 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I have done this quite a few times. Without knowing where you are staying and how far you are running I can give you some broad thoughts. I normally run 10 miles a day. From mid/southish strip to Circa it's 5 miles. So go there, turn around, bam 10 miles. After a couple of different attempts at different routes, the best way I have found to do it with minimal obstructions is to head over to the side of the strip with ballys, Paris, PH, Harrahs etc. There are less stairs to climb if you go that way. You have to go up over by the Wynn/Venetian area one time. If you want to avoid the stairs at Ballys go down towards the Cromwell valet and across the street there. I am assuming you are going early morning so traffic (both foot and car) is not much of an issue. Once you pass the Wynn, you will want to cross the street to the Resorts World side. There are no obstructions all the way to downtown if you do that. The only issue is the light where the worlds largest gift shop is at because if you just miss it, it takes forever. Once you pass The STRAT it's not the greatest area, but I have never felt uncomfortable. You get to run through the little Arts district I believe and pass the gamblers general store and then all of a sudden you are downtown. If you want to head south, the route is kind of lame. You want to get on the Cosmo side but you run into some areas where there is not much sidewalk, it feels more open (No buildings to provide shade) and it just feels longer. When you go through the strip, there are some people you have to go around of course, and you get to see some interesting things early AM and playing the is it still last night for this person game makes the run go quicker. I also have gone off the strip and headed towards Henderson. Again it is about 5 miles going from say Bally's to Sam's Town. I don't love that run because of the incline once you hit your turn around spot and I get stuck at more lights that way, plus again it's just so much funner running along the strip. Hope this helps!

5. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate this advice! I’m staying at Mandalay Bay and will likely head north on the Strip. Probably run about 5 miles, but am happy to walk at bit after I finish.

6. Coyot247

Coyot247 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    100% cross the street at some point and head north. At the tropicana I head down past oyo and cross there also. Makes it smoother imo. If it's hot run right next to the m and m store also.. cold AC blasting, whether it is open or not

• Like Like x 1
  7. andyg99

andyg99 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mandalay to Venetian and back would give you about 5 miles...

Vegas Trip #57
    Vegas Trip #58, Sammy Hagar
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

My main objective in city running is avoiding stop lights and vehicular traffic. I know you want to head north from MB, but you may want to consider running south along LV Blvd and then head east, alongside the airport, on Sunset Rd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Select the stairs and ramps by PH, Cosmo and Aria.
    To avoid fighting traffic, just loop up/down the stairs in this area.
    You will feel it after only a few laps.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not a runner, but I see an awful lot of runners head south from Mandalay Bay. Assuming it's for the reason you've stated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Coyot247

Coyot247 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went south once and hated it. You just run out of sidewalk sooner than later. If you are going early in the morning the strip is more than fine.

12. trebis

trebis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just snap a ladies bag and the question is not where to run, but how fast.

13. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed at Park MGM and did the loop on the west side from Park down to Mandalay and back. I too the long way around the Luxor and Excal parking lots as much as I could and did the same thing around T-Mobile. That was about a 5km run. This was just before 7am and really the only other people I saw out were other runners.

My biggest piece of advice, hydrate!

Solo
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.