1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NY NY resort credit

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by makuk, May 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a Caesars player and have not gambled with MGM for over 5 years, however, I have already achieved Diamond+ with Caesars this year so have decided to give MGM some Franklins when I am in Vegas from 16th May, as they kindly offered me 4 Comp Nights, $225 freeplay and $350 Resort Credit.

I have decided to stay at NY NY and am now looking at ways to spend the $350 resort credit the 2 nights that I am there, my question is if I decided to eat at the over priced - over the top Nusr-Et restaraunt at The Park, can I charge this to my NY NY room to use the resort credit or is this not possible and I can only charge to my room if the restaraunts are in the NY NY.

How do these resort credits work, sorry if I sound dumb but all I know is Caesars!!

Thanks

2. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you have resort credit with a MGM property, you can use it at any restaurant at MGM properties, not just the one you're staying at.

No idea if Nusr-Et counts for that, though.

Personal opinion: Skip Nusr-Et, go to Bavette's or Gallaghers to use the resort credit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's listed as an MGM rewards restaurant. I'd check with the restaurant first to see if they can "room charge".

4. makuk

makuk Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks I have Gallaghers booked for one night already, I was just curious to see what all the hype was about at Nusr-Et - I think I'll just skip it.

5. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seconded, except I would modify that to say skip Nusr-Et and go LITERALLY ANYWHERE ELSE to use the resort credit.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Its Only Money

Its Only Money VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that is a pretty strong down vote. Definitely noted.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VegasKStateCat

VegasKStateCat High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You won’t be disappointed with Gallaghers or Bavettes. Both are exceptional steak restaurants.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before you check-in at NYNY make sure you hit the player's club to match your Diamond+ card to MGM Gold. That will allow you to check in at the "VIP" guest desk for the hotel AND will get your resort fees waived. I did the exact same thing myself in March.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there is another thread, but I though they were only doing matches for "new" MGM members?? Are they doing it for existing?

10. NotFromConcentrate

NotFromConcentrate It’s a Cassowary :)

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe only matching TO Caesars is just for new members.

I am 100% sure I held an MGM card for many years when I did my D+ > Gold match in March 2022, so I was definitely not a new member.

Jul 17 to ??? - Amtrak from Chicago to AZ... Laughlin, Vegas & More!
  11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've posted about this before, but the reviews of the place are uniformly terrible, with a few rising to the level of mediocre. This is one of the more sensational ones, but still:

https://nypost.com/2018/01/23/theatrics-cant-save-salt-baes-leathery-130-steak/

It's absurdly overpriced even by Vegas standards, with the general consensus being that the steaks are fine but you can get something far better at almost any other major Vegas steakhouse for cheaper in a much nicer atmosphere. The entire thing is a paean to the whole "Salt Bae" meme on Instagram, and Instagram is really what it's designed for.

And this is just me, but the fact that the online menu is absolutely riddled with typos drives me nuts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Brandt

Brandt VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you wanted a massage or something similar you can use it at the SPA as well.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.