1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio Dec 10-13

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MTPocket, Dec 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTPocket

MTPocket Low-Roller

My Trip Report

Having been away for almost two years it was good to have this little break. This trip was a sun break (at this time of the year in Anchorage the sun does not rise until 10:00 a.m. and sets around 3:15 p.m.) and a small tribute to GregRIO three nights/three great shows.

Monday 10th - flight left Anchorage at 12:50 a.m. and changed planes in Portland, only issue was one of the flight crew was late in Portland and we did not start loading until the scheduled departure time, but we did have a tail wind and made up most of the time. The only big problem was at McCarran Airport, the gate was in terminal ‘D’ and I needed to take the tram to the main terminal, but 5 minutes prior there was a security breach of some sort and we stood on the tram for an hour waiting to go to the main terminal. On a side note there was no mention of the event in the paper or on the local news, is this now just a normal event? I took the shuttle to the new car rental facility, and because I signed up for Dollar’s Express I was able to bypass the main desk, and had quick processing.

I had hoped to do the Jubilee Back Stage tour, but the delay with the tram did not give me enough time to get to Bally’s in time. So I ran some errands, which included In-N-Out for lunch, there is no better fast food than In-N-Out. Also picked up items for the room that I did not want to pay the Resort Rate for. The reason I used Dollar was that they have a location in the Bellagio, and after I was done with every thing I needed to do I went to the Bellagio to turn in the car and check-in. The cost of the car was $25 so it was a little higher than a cab but I was able to get all the errands I need a car for done.

I had the Bellagio ‘Winter Offer 149’ which is $149+tax. I wasn’t sure if I could get an upgrade, but I tried anyway. When the clerk saw the $20 she asked if it was for her, and before I could respond she had me upgraded to a 25th floor room with a fountain view. Room was a very classy with a great view of the fountain and was in the north wing away from the construction. The only hit I would give is that the TV was just a standard 32†TV, but I was not there to watch TV.

Finally I was able to get to my addiction - MTA (ATM in reverse i.e. slot machines) nothing notable on Monday. Ended up going to Noodles for some Hong Kong chicken, food was okay but the service was very good. The show for Monday night was Jubilee, which was a good production show with some nice looking ladies.

Tuesday 11th - I did the Bellagio Breakfast Buffet, very good and as good as the Paris Buffet. In the morning I checked out the Miracle Mile in the PH and the Fashion Show Mall. Went to Snacks in the Bellagio for lunch. After lunch I found my ATM for the trip, a Double Tipple Megabucks which even though for the trip I ended up down just under $300, I took over $1500 in several mostly positive sessions with this machine. Dinner and show for today were at the Venetian, Delmonico & Blueman. Dinner was
    a salad (no French Onion Soup L) and Seared Tenderloin with Sea Scallops - excellent food and service. Blueman - this was my second time, and while it was still very good and worth seeing a second time I do not think I would see it a third time. After returning to the Bellagio and watching a fountain show from the room I returned to the slots. The Megabucks Machines are next to the elevators and I made a withdrawal on my way to bed.

Wednesday 12th - After making a withdrawal I did the Paris Buffet for Breakfast, good as normal but they did cross-contaminate my omelet with some red peppers (which I dislike). Returned to the slots at the Bellagio where I could not win anywhere. Went to the Palms in the Forum Shops for Lunch very good food and service with a price that can’t be beat. After touring the Forum Shops I determined (to no surprise) that the Malls on the Strip are over priced and not directed towards the average male. Rest of the afternoon was dedicated to the slots, and it was a good thing that my favorite machine started to pay out again. Dinner and Show for tonight were at the MGM, Grand Wok and KA. Dinner was okay, but the service was not what I would expect. KA was my second Cirque show (1st was Mystere) and while the story was much better it did have some slow points, But you’ve got to love that Stage. Back to the Bellagio via the monorail. Slot Gods were somewhere else.

Thursday 13th - I have to go home L. For breakfast a cinnamon roll and a lousy cup of coffee. Broke even on the slots today. I did the Bellagio Lunch Buffet, very good but not as good as the Wynn. Ended up being comp’d the two meals I charged to the room. Grabbed a shuttle to McCarran for trip back to Anchorage. Flight had head winds to Seattle and I had a short connection. It turned out the plane (not the flight) I was on was the same plane (different flight #) to Anchorage.

Thoughts for the Trip:
    Slot Machines are evil, some day I’ll get a hand pay.
    Delmonico is still a great restaurant (duh).
    Cirque du Soleil - Great shows - next time ‘O’.
    Bellagio Hotel - Way out of my league, but with a cheap rate (for them) and the fountain show from the room well worth it.
    When is my next trip? (I’m not waiting two more years).

2. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you had machines that actually allowed withdrawals instead of only ones that 'took deposits', LOL.

I yearn to stay at the Bellagio, but am not willing to pay for a room so I am a slave to the evil Harrah's devil.

Easter again..:
  3. topsail_dreaming

topsail_dreaming Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR. Sorry to here about the tram screw up. That would be total torture for me, to arrive in mecca and not be able to immediately start tithing to the gambling gods.

4. lionfan31

lionfan31 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report! I've been gone from Bellagio 9 days now and I'm already chomping at the bit, ready to go back!

5. hanoscf

hanoscf High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great report. Thanks for sharing. And I apree - don't wait two years for your next trip.

6. angel81chick

angel81chick Abuelita

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2 Years until your next trip.. :nono:

Nice TR...glad you got some much needed sunlight :)

7. gmoney590

gmoney590 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Isn't it great to get away and see the sun. You seemed to have more luck than me on the megabucks machines. All I was doing was making deposits when I was there in August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.