1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ripper

ripper High-Roller

Sounds pretty easy. Just have them mail a test to you, take it with you to Vegas and get online to take the test and that's it? I did the home test that they gave me in Calgary airport in July when they still tested everyone coming home. Probably along the same lines with this test but that one i mailed to them for results. Take the test in front of a nurse and then what? Wait until the test shows neg/positive and then get back online with the nurse to show the result? Has anyone done it on here? Ill go back through this mega long post and see. I am sure someone has.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  2. jay2vegas

jay2vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, it’s very easy. I took it for my trip in November. You hop online with a nurse as you do the swab, making sure it’s done right. They provide the instructions, and you have a QR code on the kit. Once the results are ready, you take a pic with the result and QR code clearly visible, and upload it, and then you get your confirmation shortly thereafter.

It was a really quick and easy process, and was so convenient to be able to do it from our room. We timed it so that we could get ready for our night out, have a drink, etc while the results came through.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jsmile898

Jsmile898 Addition By Subtraction and Better Off

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What @jay2vegas said. Just to add, they sell two in one kit in case the first one doesn't work. Or I guess you can use it on a 2nd traveller.

4. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's actually the Lamp test you need from Switch Health, There is a PCR test that they also sell, but you have to send that in to be verified at a lab and be in Canada at the time. It comes as a one test. The 2 test pack is the rapid antigen test which can not be used to come back to Canada but can be used for the test requirements to go to the US.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I'm out.

Main reason being event I wanted to go to changed lineup and not really worth it to me anymore
    Paranoia + hassle discussion in my head didn't help either.

6. vegasgolfgamble

vegasgolfgamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    another route to go is sign up before you leave for drive thru test at a CVS or Walgreens off the strip and have your pcr test for free from the comfort of a car. you can have mu;tiple people in car if they have all registered for test. we were through drive thru in less than 15 minutes and results were on our devices in exactly 26 hours. Clean and simple and a saving of over 300 dollars for 2 people. Car rental was just $8.00 plus taxes per day. Jan3 from Ace rentals.Car rentals very alot depending on whats happening in Vegas at the time.

7. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I contacted Switch Health about this but they said we need to send in the results for PCR so it can't be done in the US - only the Antigen test which is useless.

Sorry to hear that. I dread making a post like yours so I'm just hoping I can test negative 6 days from now (I tested myself 3 days ago and was negative so only a few more days of being careful... if that's even possible).

//////

One thing I just found out is that to enter the US you need the Antigen test 1 calendar day before, NOT 24 hrs before. So I'm taking it on Thursday afternoon for a Friday evening flight and according to the US Gov't website that's acceptable.

8. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm confused ... you can't take the Lamp test with you? It's the one done online. Easily done.

GG

9. ripper

ripper High-Roller

Looks like the LAMP is the way to go and do it right in my room. I don't want the extra hassle of making the cabbie go to the drive thru for the free one. I wonder what the chance is of a false positive on the lamp from switch is.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  10. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Patman

Patman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Switch Health has 3 tests you can do online. PCR, RT-Lamp, and Rapid Antigen. The RT-Lamp test can be taken with you to Vegas or wherever and will meet the requirements to return to Canada. The Rapid Antigen is good for meeting the requirement to travel to the US. The PCR can only be done in Canada and is sent into their lab.

All three are done online and all 3 can be taken with you. But you need to make sure you order the correct test for what you need to accomplish.

12. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it comes down to two options

A) In person test for $90 usd each + taxi/uber/lyft there and back + time required.
    B) Switch Canada Lamp Test. $149 cad + time savings.

There's also the revive option but at $180 usd. Ouch!

I like the free option but waiting 48 hours is nerve racking!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. jay2vegas

jay2vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the speed and ability to do it in room on our own time was the deciding factor for us over the cost difference.

14. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Corrrect - I used the RT Lamp version when returning from Mexico. I was confused by your reply. Glad you have it sorted.

GG

15. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The switch health LAMP test for return is super easy and convenient. The added (BIG) advantage is no anxiety over waiting for your results.

16. MangoPort

MangoPort High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to say thanks to you and this sub I cancelled my Palazzo PCR test ($180 USD) and I've ordered an expedited Switch LAMP test. It actually makes so much sense and this way I can take it 4 hours after I arrive in Vegas (will be within the 72 hr window), allowing me to actually enjoy myself with no worries about being stuck.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you can keep the reservation and able to remember to cancel. You can always keep it as a backup option and cancel once it goes smoothly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jsmile898

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @jay2vegas @GamblingGolfer

How easy was it to self administer? Im not scared of needles when I get the vaccine but someone else is doing it.

19. GamblingGolfer

GamblingGolfer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very easy. A bit of a learning curve the first time, but no problem in the end.

GG

Btw, where in Canada are you?

20. jay2vegas

jay2vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, easier than I thought as well, it’s pretty straightforward and they talk you through it.

• Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.