1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Decompressing and Celebrating Thanksgiving with Hopefully Lots of Winning!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Flowers, Nov 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a plan!

They don't arrive until Thursday night but I may pop off to say hi and finally meet you! Wishing us both mega good karma for our trips, throughout!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just responded!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, good afternoon Las Vegas! This was a semi work day for me and had some health care issues to address for my dad, so I am getting a late start to the fun part of the day, but everything is good, so no complaints!

And it is another beautiful day!
    20211123_105206.jpg 20211123_105219.jpg

• Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Today is a day when, by design, I have actually NOTHING planned except to book a room at Harrah's, redeem some free play, and play a bit there. I didn't even make breakfast or dinner reservations! I was thinking about Wazuzu or maybe even the buffet for dinner though if a reservation opens at Carbone I will dine there for the first time using express comps I earned playing at Borgata back in March.

In the morning I love waking up and walking into the other room in my Parlor suite and smelling my flowers and in such a pretty room. I purposefully keep that room much colder than the bedroom so that the flowers will last longer. :)

20211123_120927.jpg 20211123_120931.jpg 20211123_120949.jpg 20211123_120955.jpg 20211123_121002.jpg 20211123_121014.jpg 20211123_121023.jpg 20211123_121906.jpg

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    • Love Love x 14
    • Like Like x 9
  5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thursday is the day I will be most around the resort. Friday is a hiking day and Saturday is spa day. If you are around, let me know :thumbsup:

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Love Love x 1
  6. serenasea

serenasea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your in-room flower arrangements are always so beautiful. Do you ask for specific flowers or color combinations (white this time), or do you just place an order and say, "Surprise me"?

• Love Love x 1
  7. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My goddaughter and I are very much alike in many ways, including the fact that she is an obsessive planner. Indeed, her mother/my BFF, told me she has had her outfits for this weekend planned for WEEKS. LOL.

I was overdue in sending my GD the itinerary for the weekend. I also wanted to be very casually dressed today, involving no fuss! And I wanted wear what I wore that day when I won a boat load of money at Flamingo and at Wynncore, which was last Saturday (for sure) and then Sunday (can't remember LOL). So, what does one do? One puts on basically those same clothes again, with fresh underwear of course!

So yes, I have on super casual clothes and my sneakers. In keeping with that I decided I didn't want to dine in a traditional place for a late breakfast/really lunch at this point, and WiFi is free downstairs where it is not in the room. (I get it comped off at the end but I figured, why have the charge for $20 or $32 in the first place if free is an elevator ride away?) So, I decided I would enjoy a light breakfast with my first coffee of the day in the Wynn RFB room and I can finalize the itinerary to send to my GD and BFF. I have a detailed itinerary for myself but they don't need to see all of that detail, including the cost for various tickets for the weekend and how much I am allocating each day for my bank roll. ;)

What a PERFECT choice I made!!!!!

First of all, the great RFB sandwiches and freshly-made (rather than boxed, though delicious) cookies are back!!! I've already had two mini plates of sandwiches with coffee, water and champagne. Who could ask for more!

Second, there's a perfect table here for finalizing and sending the itinerary, which I just did, all while enjoying my meal, catching up with the Wynn RFB lounge hosts and listening to great music.

But, most especially, as I was on the computer, a lovely woman was sitting on a sofa in the lounge across the room. She walked over and asked if I was "Flowers". I said yes, and said you must be a fellow VMBer! She said yes. It was/is @NickyJ!!!!! I said I had my third shot already but put on my mask and I asked if I could give her a hug!! We hugged and wound up spending I think almost the next hour together just connecting before she left for her spa treatment! Hours later I'm still in the RFB lounge though packing up shortly to get my gamble on!!

I've typed this on my computer but pics from my phone are coming, :)

• Like Like x 11
    • Love Love x 10
  8. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome. Thursday works. It's a low key day for me where I plan on playing and winning a lot :) before my guests around around 7 pm.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will PM you

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My favorite flowers are Asiatic white lilies, which smell like Stargazers, but the smell is even sweeter. The smell is DIVINE. They also last a good while if you freshen the water. So I requested those lilies and said it could be all lilies or the floral department can surprise me because each time they do I'm just in awe!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    20211123_122249.jpg 20211123_122253.jpg 20211123_122257.jpg 20211123_122322.jpg 20211123_122601.jpg 20211123_122816.jpg 20211123_122825.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 7
  12. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 5
  13. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey! Sorry I missed this post before. I was thinking about GG but I only have about $100 in gifts and you have to book an offer to get the $100+ gift. I think not worth it if you have to book an offer, check in, etc. and I'd wind up using some of my Wynn bankroll to play at V/P so as to not affect future offers.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Flowers

Flowers VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey! Missed this post before as well. No, on the Super Grand either of one of two things has to happen: (1) you get 6+ balls dropped and one of them says Super Grand Jackpot or (2) you get a ball that says Super Grand Chance and then you hit that ball and can win a minimum of $1k or the Super Grand Jackpot. I think usually the latter happens but when I won it for $58k on January 1 of this year the first scenario happened, meaning the ball said Super Grand Jackpot (without the chance). All of the squares/balls do not have to be filled in for the SG Jackpot but if you want the Grand (which is usually $10 to $15k), that's when all of the squares/balls need to be filled in. Hope that makes sense!

• Informative Informative x 5
  15. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I still get sad every time I see pix of Sinatra and their delicious food (and the Smash!), thinking of my cancelled trip and reservation from last year. Thank you for another lovely trip report. I enjoy reading about your adventures and get inspired to stay at Wynncore with every photo. Good luck and keep winning!

• Love Love x 1
  16. Bluekitty

Bluekitty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you cash the 6x Royal out before shouldering on?

• Love Love x 1
  17. Sparky4

Sparky4 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know if they 1) can make the Sinatra Smash with something other than bourbon, and 2) if so, what do the use and is it good? It’s such a beautiful drink but I’m not a bourbon fan.

Happy birthday to me!
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. tallsamoan

tallsamoan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WiFi is not complimentary in the Tower Suites??? WT....seriously?

• Agree Agree x 6
  19. VPSue

VPSue Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would try gin or tequila. The drink is on the sweet side so I don't think vodka would be a good combination.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. NCAAHoops

NCAAHoops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad to see Rocky made an appearance. Good luck the rest if the way. Time to start building for ROCKY II

• Love Love x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.