1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Transportation from JSX terminal

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by kathiemc23, Nov 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Vegas Experts! I'm going to Vegas for Thanksgiving and really doing it up right by flying JSX and staying at The Wynn. I want to avoid holiday travel issues, if possible. I was thinking about seting up some kind of car service to pick me up at the JSX terminal or getting a Lyft. I really want this to be easy and reliable, any recommentations?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see they use their own terminal over on the private side of the airport. With Lyft or Uber, you should be able to get service quick... set it up as you are getting off the plane. Limo car service would work as well... all depends on how much you want to spend.

• Love Love x 1
  3. Laugh

Laugh VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    JSX has a small pickup area but since the flights are equally small it doesn't get crowded. Uber/Lyft will pick you up or you can rent a car right at JSX. Limos are also an option. Sky's the limit... or concrete I guess since it's a car and not a plane. :p

• Love Love x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you both for your updates. I'm just a bit worried about trying to get a Lyft on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I don't want to waste any vacation time. I'm considering a Limo, but last time I used Presidential it was a real shit show. Two different drivers didn't show up at McCarran to pick me up and it took 2 hours for someone to get me! In all fairness they said they were in the middle of changing the scheduling process and they comped the whole thing, but I really don't want to go through that again. I also don't want to rent a car ... because drinking ....

So I still don't know, but I figure if I am going to book a limo I better get on it .....

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  5. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both Uber and Lyft now allow the option to preschedule your rides, which I have heard are more reliable than booking on-demand (although I don't have firsthand experience). I am seeing a lot of reviews indicating the reliability issues at Presidential/Kaptyn are ongoing, although I know a lot of people on this board generally have good things to say about them-- I'd probably steer clear of them too until they get things figured out. As another option, the Wynn concierge may be able to recommend someone, and given their clientele I'm sure they are quite familiar with JSX/private terminal pickups.

EDC
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  6. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to use the pre-scheduled lyft for early morning pick-ups - when I've used it, it's worked well. Though I suppose there could always be issues.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you schedule a limo through the Wynn? They have picked me up from JSX before

8. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure I don't qualify for a comp limo ride from them, but is there a way to book and pay through them? I am staying on a comp room offer with a little fsp and resort credit, but I'm way too much of a low roller to get transportation thrown in.

9. kathiemc23

kathiemc23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your help. From your great advice I called the Wynn Concierge and they booked a sedan for me and will charge it to my room. Also, the gratuity is included:
    Pick up in the main lobby
    $86 includes gratuity
    Please be aware: This trip is confirmed and will be charged to
    the credit card provided or billed to your room if not cancelled
    at least 3 hours prior to your scheduled pick up time, even if
    the service is not utilized.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber/Lyft would probably work...but I'd be fidgeting about it until it was confirmed...I think you have picked the best option. The car organized by the Wynn WILL be there and you won't have to think/worry about it.

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.