1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Latest MLife Offers > Question Please

Discussion in 'Comps' started by stinnymn, Nov 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stinnymn

stinnymn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife Gold card player here for the past 4 years, playing almost exclusively penny slots.

Before my recent Oct 07-17th Vegas trip, my first in two years due to covid, my offers were typically 4 comped nights, $100 RC, $75FP at Luxor, Excalibur, MB/Delano, MGM, NYNY, Mirage and 3 comped nights + $50 RC, $75 FP at the higher end properties. Resort fees waived ONLY at Luxor & Excalibur

But now less than 2 weeks since I've returned home, my offers have suddenly improved to 4 comped nights, $100 RC, $100 FP + resort fees waived at Luxor, Excalibur, AND MB/Delano, MGM. NYNY, Mirage > The higher end property offers remained exactly the same

QUESTION: I had thought that MLife offers are typically impacted positively or negatively at least a few MONTHS after you've finished your Vegas stay > NOT less than 2 short weeks! Could my improved MLife offers just be a slight upgrade without my recent trip play being factored in so quickly afterwards?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  2. JulianC

JulianC Amateur

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. INABIAL

INABIAL Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure someone who understands all the algorithms will be along shortly to hash this out for you, but the simple answer may be that either your recent play bumped you up or it may just be a bump due to an Mlife program tweak.

I've been Gold for several years now and my offers have been remarkably consistent. They may vary from quarter to quarter by $10 here or there but if you have a standard pattern of play on your trips they usually peg you out pretty accurately. I'll end up dropping $10-15K more coin in this year (2 extra trips this year) but doubt I'll see any significant bump in my offers.

4. stinnymn

stinnymn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Appreciate the reply > and I agree! However, my questions still remains > which may be unanswerable > have others returned from a Vegas trip and seen an improvement in their MLife offers immediately within less than a two week period? Don't play-based offer changes typically take LONGER than just two short weeks to appear??

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's narrow enough a change in the terms that it could possibly be a market-based adjustment.

But my observation from my last two trips in early May and late August is that your play on a trip is reflected in the next monthly offer. My last day of play in August was Aug 31. My June and September offers both changed from the prior months.

June went down after I underplayed my historical average in May due to low coin-in as a result of bad luck. September went back up (and were even higher than they had been prior to my June downgrade) when I played higher than my historical average in August. There's a chance it's a coincidence, but I don't think so. I think they've just gotten faster with it.

Your offers are close to mine but mine are a notch or two better - $225 FP and 4 nights everywhere with no resort fee anywhere. My offers in October and November didn't change. So why would you get a seasonal adjustment in November and not me? There might be some reason, I dunno.

You can help answer your own question by considering whether you played more than usual (or more than your last prior trip) on your most recent trip. If yes, it's probably a reaction to that. If no, then maybe it's seasonal.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Less than 2 weeks? It could happen as all offers are computer (more accurately, algorithm) generated.
    But I don't believe it is happening.
    All marketing offers are fixed long before they are visible to players.

7. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As for my own experience with MGM, I had 3 trips in a row burned the free play, used resort credits and not gambled a penny. My offers didn't change.
    The seasonal fluctuations are much more noticeable.
    MGM uses a long play history to gauge players. For those without much history, they could see faster changes.

8. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Their offers seem to recalculate at the beginning of each month. (an employee mentioned the first Wed., but not sure if that's consistent)
    CET is the slow one...

9. stinnymn

stinnymn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for replying with your own experiences > appreciate the informed feedback!

10. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    heres my take:
    Not been to Vegas since Sep 2019 (covid rules and so on :( ) , so the next planned visit will be May 2022..
    I'm no High Roller, not even a mid-baller , but i do have inconsistent $$$ history, going back to 2013..... (i do vegas twice a year)....
    I reach Platinum, and then dropped to Pearl in 2019 !
    My offers still same as 2018, and still the same when i checked last night, so am guessing its a computer that does the maths in my case!
    Offers are $400FP - any hotel / $400RC - NYNY/Nomad/Park MGM,,,, $350RC for the others, and only $150RC in: Bellagio/Aria/Vdara
    No RF, and majority of the suites i see...

not knocking what i get, its great! but for the years reading on here about what offers others get, it doesnt seem odd what we all get based on our play, time, type of play (mine is slots / BlackJack/3cd poker)

Show me the money Jerry, show me the money!!!
  11. Dearns

Dearns Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not been to Vegas since December 2019 and only used to go maybe once every 2 years. Most recent offer was 4 nights comp (Fri-Tues), no resort fees, $50 FP and $100 RC for Luxor. Lowest tier player so thought this was very generous. They may be trying to get players back with the offers they're sending out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.