1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thanksgiving! Christmas! What Are Your Plans?

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by VegasGroove, Nov 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    2021. Much better than 2020, as far as the "scourge" is concerned.

What are your plans for Thanksgiving? For Christmas? Gathering with family? Traveling to Vegas? Traveling elsewhere? Hunkering down for the holiday season in your own space? Let's hear it!

For me . . .

Thanksgiving: don't know yet. May have a small dinner with family members that are in Chicago.

Christmas: traveling to Arizona. Spending it with my son, d-in-law and grandson. And I have a new granddaughter coming! Will be there through end of year. Yay!

• Like Like x 5
  2. BlackJackLife

BlackJackLife Already dreaming of the next trip

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving: RV camping on beach at Gamble Rogers State Park in Flagler Beach
    Christmas: relatives coming to visit for weekend at my house in Jupiter (but a Vegas trip week before Christmas)

Summer heat for Independence Day week...
    • Like Like x 2
  3. HoyaHeel

HoyaHeel Grammar Police & Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No plans for gathering with anyone. Roasting a duck on the firepit for Thanksgiving, while sitting around it drinking bourbon - that's been our new tradition for the past 4 years. No Christmas plans either, though will be in Vegas Dec 19-22. We HATE to travel for holidays, so this makes us happy. (the cheap prices in Vegas that week - and the non-stop flights - are the only thing that convinced me to go to Vegas that week)

• Like Like x 2
  4. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked us for the coast for Thanksgiving. With the college kids planning a Friendsgiving together on the other coast, it's just me, the Sweetie and our little 9 year old. Beach time in November it is!

Christmas is another story. I would love to take the family away for Christmas, but I usually have to work most of the days before, on, and after. Plus there's the airfare of getting the college kids back home, then back to school. Kind of kills the vacay budget.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NOLA for the full week of Thanksgiving, back home to Buffalo for Xmas. I am triple vaxxed and living my life, screw the variants.

• Like Like x 3
  6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This year it'll be a turkey from KFC or Popeye's (gotta go to the location to order).

Then, on Saturday after Black Friday, I'm going to Las Vegas and Elko for 9 days.

Christmas is undecided. My son's birthday is the day after Christmas, and I am going to encourage him to take the day off. This year he is 20. Next year will be the "big one".

UPDATE: Popeye's it is for Thanksgiving. I may try KFC for Christmas or New years.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving, I'll be in Vegas, doing dinner at Picasso and otherwise lazing about and watching football. No real plans the rest of the weekend, there's a slight chance I might go somewhere with my best friend from here, but he usually winds up having to work holidays. Part of me wants to see what other places are doing in terms of Thanksgiving dinners and timing, since though I'm not a buffet person, some of them go through the whole weekend, and there are usually interesting temporary dishes on the menu at lots of places, but we'll see.

No idea about Christmas yet, including whether or not I'll be staying in Vegas for that, but again, we'll see.

• Like Like x 5
  8. steveks225

steveks225 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying home. I’m still adjusting to my new job and my parents (M83, D85) being in senior living 30 minutes away. By early December, the email and snail mail offers from LAS for March/April should be arriving and the planning for that trip gets underway. Switching jobs put lots of accumulated vacation aside, but I’ll adjust as I did in September.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband is still recovering from Pulmonary embolisms so Thanksgiving will be just me and him. -- My sister may drive up. I will probably get a pre made meal or order a smoked boneless turkey breast from New Braunfels Smokehouse and get sides from HEB I can just pop in the oven.

Hopefully he will be better by December -- he already took his oxygen off for the first day today and seems to be doing good. Christmas Eve with the kids and grand kids in San Antonio. My son smoked turkeys last year and they were wonderful. I've already have most of my Christmas shopping out of the way.

Our Christmas parade the first f Friday in December. Yeah!!!! It was cancelled last year, and I didn't go the year before that.
    IMG_0826 - Edited.jpg

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like last year, no plans to get together with the family.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ours have been totally scrambled. We'd planned to have Thanksgiving in the Coachella Valley. That's still on but instead of us being in a hotel and going to my sister's place they are staying up north and we will be hosting others at our new house down there -- we move in six days before Thanksgiving. Tucson/Grand Canyon/Zion is out, though we will probably still do Xmas in Tucson but will host friends at home for New Year's weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had a photo of the guy who rides his longhorn all decked out in lights. One year the ladies from HEB did a synchronized shopping cart dance/march.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brando95

Brando95 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Thanksgiving I checked with my parents to make sure we weren't having a family thing and booked a trip to Vegas!
    Christmas will probably be a small gathering with parents/siblings/nieces and nephews and then I'll fly out to spend the week after, my birthday and New Years with my brother/sis-in-law in Virginia and celebrate my nephew's first Christmas.

9th Island stopover on the way to Hawaii
    • Like Like x 2
  14. TrewBrew

TrewBrew I may be right, I may be Crazy.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving Flying back from Vegas, DIL is having a baby this week or next and she suggested no big event. Our other son and his girlfriend are heading up Nort to visit her family before their FMLA ends and its back to work for them.

Christmas everyone is off so big get together at our house, we will do the Turkey for thanksgiving then and a Christmas ham and if everything lines up correctly all 5 grandchildren there for spoiling. Guessing 14 plus the littles.

• Like Like x 2
  15. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    M Life tossed me a bonus free play offer that had to be used by 11/30, and RT airfare was only $60, so I took that week off, and booked Vegas. I've had my booster and I'm good to go. Flying out 11/22, Monday afternoon, flying home Thursday morning. Bellagio resort tower king. I get home around 3:00 Thanksgiving day, so I'll drop by my sisters.

Christmas probably at my sisters.

• Like Like x 3
  16. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are in Pre Vegas diet mode so I'm thinking we will skip Thanksgiving.

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. Gus

Gus High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    after quitting fedex after 25 years and rosy and i getting covid last year at thanskgiving time..
    we are in the I want a small thanksgiving dinner like maybe just 4/5 of us total.

my rosy since she did not grow up here, she still don't understand the big deal it is for us americans.
    so i am trying to convince her to try turkey and fixings with me

she says it's just turkey and mashed potatoes whats' so special.
    lol

i say it's about giving thanks for everything and everything you should be grateful for.

so where can i order a good turkey dinner with maybe some chiken put in (for rosy she don't like turkey) here in the DFW area?

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  18. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Giving thanks. That is the whole idea. It's not the Lions getting thrashed or grandpa passing out from a turkey overload. Thanks. Good on you, Gus.

Our "traditional" rendition of the harvest meal bears almost no resemblance to what the English and tribal Americans ate. So serve whatever you want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  19. bull0120

bull0120 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanksgiving: We have a home football game the Saturday before, so I'm smoking 2 turkeys and a ham for the tailgate "family". On the actual holiday the plan is literally eat a few edibles and a shit ton of Chinese takeout.

Christmas: I've got a room booked in Vegas, but I'm guessing she is expecting me to go with her family's house instead. Kind of stressed about it.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marky147

Marky147 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas for both :D

Flying out to Vegas on the 26th, and will be there until January (hopefully)

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.