1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Getting to Vegas from Canada

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by JRRestoule, Sep 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which airline? I have a direct flight booked with Air Canada on Nov 12th... fingers are crossed that it doesn't change.

2. ripper

ripper High-Roller

Looking to go back at the end of November for an Oilers game. It looks like nothing has changed since my July trip. I will reread through this mega thread though in case i missed something. In July i did the rapid antigen going south, then the pcr for re-entry in to Canada 72 hours before. I did it at Cosmo but it looks like they are dorking people on price there now. I guess there is still the worry of failing the pcr north bound. Anyone on here fail it and get stuck in the states? Again i better read through this because everything has been talked about a million times. Then to decide Aria, Bellagio or a different MLIFE for a different experience.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  3. finch12

finch12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For those needing a test to return home.....I just did mine. Very easy and fast I signed up for a 7 am test and was on the road at 705.... this is am as well work site labs is the people. They have a drive thru on the Orleans parking garage. Lots of signs. The cost was 90 and results in 12 to 24hr. They are very professional and organized. Have your paperwork ready to move fast

A update. I PASSED. results came back to me in under 12 hours. I am impressed.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was thinking of going to Walgreens for testing while staying downtown. Does anyone know if you can do walk in appointments there or is it just drive thru only? I was planning on taking the Downtown Loop shuttle to Pawn Plaza and then walk to Walgreens to do it if I can. Afterwards, just walk back to the stop and catch next shuttle to the North Premium Mall for some shopping.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
  5. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nevermind, I found the answer in the FAQ's on Walgreens website. Unfortunately, the answer is NO only drive thru.

6. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind that The "free tests" are subsidized by the US government for American citizens.
    When you book/Show up for your tests It asks you for your US address AND your State ID. There is a lack of proper confirmation at most of the Walgreens and CVS stores but some do check.
    I had a friend who tried to do this "free" test in California and was denied when he they asked him for ID and he showed his Ontario Canada Drivers license and was turned away. Thankfully he was able to quickly go to testing facility that had open spots and pay $190 for a test.
    That said I have never heard of anyone in Nevada getting turned away and when I called one of the Walgreens in Vegas to ask they said "It is supposed to be for US residents only but we are not enforcing that so on the form just put your address as the hotel address your staying at and when it asks for your State ID just put your passport or Canadian drivers license number and you will be fine"

I personally am choosing to make sure I use testing that I know I am 100% confident will work so if I have to pay for it soo be it.. The last thing I want on my vacation is to be scrambling and stressing about how I will get home. Vacations are supposed to be my relaxing time.

But.. for sure it seams like there is money to be saved unless things change and the government cracks down on those getting subsidized and not following the rules.

7. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Westjet; oddly in August there were no changes to our direct flights going to or returning from Vegas. I thought Christmas would be busy enough that we’d get lucky again.

8. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow I took another look and our flight to Vegas not only changed from direct to a layover in Calgary but also from December 22 to a day earlier on the 21st. Called Cosmo to add the night and have to change our pups’ puppy hotel reservations too. Oh well if an extra day and one stop is the worst, we’re ok. So far flight home remains direct and unchanged (knock wood).

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  9. Guy_

Guy_ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow..
    flight changed by a full day?
    When my direct flight in august changed to a layover it went from 8pm departure in Toronto to a 10am departure but it was still the same day at least so I never had to add another night to the hotel..

• Like Like x 1
  10. jay2vegas

jay2vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ordered the travel PCR tests through Aeroplan, it mentioned up to 7 days for shipping… I ordered it Thursday and it arrive yesterday, so they’re very quick!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. ripper

ripper High-Roller

Wow! Did they contact you at all or you just happened to look. A few hours i get but lots of people would not be able to do a whole different day.

Little mans 21st birthday!
  12. breanna61

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They sent an email but I initially didn’t notice our departure flight was a day earlier…I only noticed we’d gone from direct to a layover in Calgary. Hopefully no more changes.

13. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are there any expiry dates listed on the test kits?

14. jay2vegas

jay2vegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, ours shows April 2022 as the expiry

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think the Orleans option is the best....based on many, many opinions :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. finch12

finch12 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only draw back is you need a vehicle. It is in the parking garage and they are not set up for walk up. Lock your price in if you are in need. They said they do get busy and are aware they are lots cheaper than others... but still have good service. I was impressed.

MODERATOR NOTE: Walk ups are permitted.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2021
  17. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Vegas24_7

Vegas24_7 Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We "walked up" on October 8. No issue..........we did a fact finding mission a couple days earlier, the security guards very helpful in helping us locate the testing site.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. garrman

garrman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our direct flights in late December on WestJet also got changed from Direct to a connection through Calgary. Return flight was unaffected.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.