1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Possible to get Uber, Lyft or Taxi from LAS Car Rental Center?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by marksind, Oct 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're arriving in Vegas next Saturday evening, staying at the Grandview (across from South Point). Car rentals are out of sight, so out of the question. Lyft and Uber wait at the airport is often long. Anyone tried taking the car rental bus and catching one from there? Also closer to where we're going. Or any other helpful ideas? Thanks.

2. AlPal

AlPal Vegas Addict

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ride share from the airport has improved drastically. Last trip was in early October. I arrived on a Friday night and it was a 7 minute wait and $14 for an Uber.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My last 4 trips, taxi waits were nonexistent at the airport. Uber/Lyft seems to be getting back to normal.

There is a taxi stand at the rental center and you should be able to get rideshare as well from there. Uber/Lyft does seem to be doing more surge fares than prior to the pandemic, so do some price comparisons. One issue I have seen reported were long lines for the rental shuttles.

4. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The wait for the shuttle combined with the ride to the rental center, followed by a wait for a rideshare at the facility would be much longer than waiting for one at the airport.

If the wait is too long in the apps (check both) when you walk out the doors for rideshare, turn right and grab a cab.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    either take the bus or Hop in a cab. Cab lines even when 100 people deep move quicker than catching the rental car bus and a cab or anything there.

7. Bobby B

Bobby B High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Done it often. Shuttle to the rental car center and catch a cab there. Never had to wait. Warning, do not let them charge you a fixed rate. They did that to me and I found out afterwards that it is supposed to be meter charge, not fixed rate. Cab to Grandview should be a bit over $20 from the car center.

8. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uber/Lyft still charge the same airport fees from the rental location, so you won't really save much if anything.

9. vegasvp

vegasvp VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I've done it.

10. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could also take the SP shuttle in theory.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the many reasons we stopped renting in Vegas was that stupid shuttle. No thank you.

Our recent visit had less than a 5 minute wait for our Uber at the airport. And I looked down at the taxi line and that was not bad either.

12. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for all the replies. Sounds like pick up times at the airport have improved, so we'll just do that.

13. cjcjcj

cjcjcj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This brings up a good gripe about airports in general. Why do they make it so difficult to get to the rental cars.????

I haven't been to New Orleans MSY in a few years but once since they did the renovations, why couldn't they build the tram out to the rental car center???? Instead it's a 25 minute bus ride!!!! The old terminal was so much easier to walk right to the cars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.