1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas weather in early December?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by nin7474, Oct 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobby jones

bobby jones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Last December pre Christmas trip Had me golfing with pants and golf shirt but no sweater. My last November golf trip had me wearing a sweater and toque.

As mentioned, hit and miss time of year.

FYI, We did have breakfast at MAG on Christmas Day on patio and we were quite comfortable

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
  2. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been going in December for 2 decades. I've seen everything from snow during the day, to nights sleeping with the windows cracked open because it was 70 degrees outside at night. I have bought gloves and a scarf at the downtown Walgreens.

Generally yes, nice in the day and cool at night. But check the forecast before you leave just in case. Don't be blindsided by a freak snow "storm" or a full week of 40 degree rain.

3. vegasgolfgamble

vegasgolfgamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same with my wife and I . We are in vegs 4 to 6 times a year from west cast of Canada. we drive down spring summer and fall and fly in winter. Used to bring golf clubs in Dec/ Jan but gave it up as weather is too unpredictable that time of year. Snow,Rain, Wind, lots of wind, and warm sun. Too many chances to be carrying clubs around in an airport and never using them. Prefer to spend winter months earning tier credits!!

4. johnjagg

johnjagg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's cold. I've been in December I think nine times. Generally wear long underwear the entire trip. Can normally get away with jeans, long sleeve shirt, and a hoodie during the day, but have to put on a something a little heavier once the sun goes down. Definitely have to wear a warm overcoat, gloves, and hat when dressing up for a nice dinner. Wife will wear wool peacoat style coat over her dress.

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The folks on here accurately describe the weather in December, but long-underwear & gloves? Not for me... I wear shorts in Las Vegas, but then I'm generally sitting in front of a bar-top VP machine downing Jack and Cokes and I don't need long pants to walk over to the elevator up to the room to get more $$$.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I’ve been going for the last 20 December’s as well. Coming from New England I need a heavy jacket for the trip home.

tee + shirt + wind shirt most times. Add a light shell at night and I’m fine.

7. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's cold and it's warm :p

When I lived there, I mainly wore cargo shorts and short sleeves, even in December. If it's sunny with no wind, it's going to be around the 60's. If it's windy, it's going to be cold with the wind chill. And once the sun goes down, it's going to be cold. I'm from the NW, and December in Vegas always reminded me of a nippy, dry Fall day at best.

I'm planning on bringing shorts and long pants, as well as something like a hoody for my Dec trip.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There was one freak year where it was in the 70s when I left the East Coast and 30s when I arrived in Vegas. I had to carry my coat on the subway to the airport because it was too hot to wear, but I needed it for Vegas. Sigh.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Farner

Farner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No way of knowing until about 2 weeks before. If cold, I usually plan for a day in the Spa, if sunny, have been known to relax at the pool even in early December.

10. Marilyn

Marilyn Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It snowed on the strip in 2019.

11. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like mamma always said…. Layer.

12. jjluvsvegas

jjluvsvegas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    December is a great time to go if you don’t want the pools. Great walking weather!
    We will be going this December “If” they lift the mask mandate by then.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.