1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lady Gaga, 10/14-17

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by ColoVegPlayer, Oct 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoVegPlayer

ColoVegPlayer Speed Running for Noir

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Update: I was in the bathroom of our room, pooping, and housekeeping was asking us if she left her mop in our bathroom. Lol

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Enjoy Bavette's! One of my favorite restaurants in Vegas, I was actually toying with the idea of going there tonight (Fridays are the main nights where I go out to eat instead of cooking at home).

I'm a little late to this party, but in the CLEAR app, there's also a dropdown menu that lists all of the events supported, and "Lady Gaga at Park Theater" is on the list, so you can just select that and it'll generate a 3d barcode with your photo. Of course, I didn't realize the photo would be saved and took one in my robe when I hadn't shaved, but so it goes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Bavettes (and Gallaghers!). I haven't decided on the bone in ribeye or bone in filet yet...

I wish I could take a screenshot of the QR code for the clear app, but it blocks screenshots :(

Anyway we went to the Hunger Games Experience at MGM Grand. It was good, but not worth the price unless you're a huge HG fan. The archery simulator was fun though, haven't done any archery since I was in Estonia years ago.

4. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's by design. It has to verify it's you for each use, so that you can't send a screenshot to someone else.

I personally give the nod to Bavette's, but that's because I don't eat beef, and I love their crispy fried chicken, whereas the Gallagher's non-beef options don't really jump out at me. But both are definitely fantastic, and NYNY is a cool property overall.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd agree but half the time I can open the app without it verifying my face. /Shrug

Anyway, Bavettes was great. Ordered the shrimp scampi as an appetizer which was amazing. I got the bone in filet mignon and we ordered the chocolate pie for dessert.

Our conversations had the worst timing... I would say something... inappropriate...right as the waiter came in. After the third time, the quote was (not from me, but from a friend who was with us) "I can only get so hard" and the waiter goes "and here's your chocolate pie...I've never seen it so big as it is tonight" and he winks at us haha. Great service and great food

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After dinner we gambled a bit and I saw one of those $1000 or nothing machines, for $10 a spin.

I put a $20 in, and on the first spin this happens.

None of us believed it at first. I just said "I just won $1000" and we all stared at in shock.

This was my biggest slot (or table game or anything) win so far, so it was awesome! The guy at a different machine behind us looked really excited too. We cashed out immediately and it felt cool to pull 10 $100 bills from the machine!

Currently up $1500 for the trip!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 21
    • Wow! Wow! x 7
    • Love Love x 3
  7. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doing the chicken and waffles from backstage deli, and bringing it back to the room to split with my girlfriend. Currently having the issue where I have too many bills in my wallet and it won't close. I'm sure I'll figure something out ;)

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had lunch at House of Blues, I got the steak and she got the bbq burger. Food was okay, but the service was awful. 30 minutes to get our check and pay.

Anyway, we gambled around at Mandalay Bay. She won around $80 which is a good amount relative to her bankroll. I lost around $100 but did around $1200 coin in from it so Im good.

We are about to get ready for the concert and head to Nomad Bar for dinner.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Alright I'm all dressed for the concert. I haven't been to a concert since 2011, and I have no idea how to dress. But I wanted to dress nicer than I usually do, so this is my outfit. (I will be wearing shoes) 20211016_152343.jpg

Not as sharply dressed as @MCann but at least I'm not wearing shorts!

Will I look ridiculous? Yea. Do I care? Naw.

@fugsworth if y'all see me come say hi!

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  10. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eating at Nomad Bar. This place is swanky.

Lost a quick $120 in the high limit room at Luxor playing VP at $10 a spin. Not a single hand hit anything!

Attached Files:

• Wow! Wow! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bluekitty

Bluekitty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You look great! Have fun!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll be dressed nicer than most people there. You're showing some class, and that's great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just got in, 45 mins early. A lot of other people are dressed pretty nice also, so I feel less out of place than I was told I'd feel!

Plus they have concession stands in here. Heck yeah!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you enjoy the show!
    Best wishes for a fun-filled rest of your trip! :D

Thank you!

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  15. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back to the room from the show (with a detour to Hershey's World for shakes)

I honestly wasn't a fan of the show. I thought it was sort of ridiculous that it "starts" at 8 and she didn't show up until 8:45. I almost fell asleep at one point, lol. Oh well, the girlfriend really enjoyed it and that's what matters.

Off to bed and gonna try to get a pancake breakfast on the last day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  16. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh and one data point for the trip:
    The Mlife system that handles adding points for resort spend seems to be down, for over a week. I went to redeem the tier credits for the Gaga tickets (and for the shirt I bought). It should be added without issue, but that's currently $500 of TC that should be added. I'm right on the cusp of remaking platinum, so I'd like to know :(

Oh and I'm only $30 short of that "spend $600 in room charges, get $150 in RC so I'm gonna go for that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last real concert I've been to in Vegas was Aerosmith at Park Theater almost 2 years ago. We cut short dinner at Bacchanal, rushed to change, and took a cab from Ballys to get there, all to be some of the last people in the door for the 8pm showtime. The show started right around 9pm and was only slightly longer than the wait, so I can empathize with that!

Good job trying to class up the joint! I remember when I went to Celine at Caesars Palace for the first time thinking maybe I would be overdressed with white collar / french cuff / tie, and the guy sitting next to us arrived in full black tie / tux and his wife in a really nice formal evening gown lol. Pinkies out!

Congrats on the $1,000 win, too! How awesome is that?!?! Really hard to beat a 4 digit win with no paperwork! Makes it easier to rationalize coming back sooner too lol!

• Like Like x 5
  18. ColoVegPlayer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yikes! I've read it's semi common for performances to start late, I just don't get why.

Thanks, I definitely didn't feel overdressed this time! (Wearing the same thing to the steakhouse at the Luxor a few trips ago, different story...)

And yes, the $1000 win was great! For the year I'm only down $600 now, after 4 trips i think.

For anyone curious on the health check process, we just showed the clear app. If it had a green background you were good to go, they didn't check the QR code and barely looked at the face.

Current plans for the day: if we can wakeup in time and get out of bed, we'll try and get pancakes at NYNY. We also prebought tickets for Marvel Station at TI so that's happening too.

• Like Like x 1
  19. rourou

rourou subterranean roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is because many people arrive late (sometimes not their fault because traffic, etc. but some people are just late people) and the performer does not want to start the show with a half-empty house or while people are still fussing around finding their seats. Especially if it is a more intimate style performance. That’s why some artists have opening acts. But agree that if there isn’t one, they should start closer to ticket time.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. Vegasdriven58

Vegasdriven58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you expand on your meal at Nomad bar- have a reservation for the 24th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.