1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Quick trip to see Gaga_Aria 10/13-10/15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by NurseLisa, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Well i'm going to start a trip report but this trip is so short I don't think i'll be able to keep up live.
    Plus i'm getting old, you saw how terrible my technology issues were with my last report from Sept.

Taking my daughter who just achieved a very high rank in Kung Fu to see Gaga opening night at Park MGM Thursday night.

Staying at Aria as that was were we could get comped rooms for that period. I haven't stayed at Aria in over 4 years, but location is good, nice and close to Park MGM.

We have dinner plans for Jean George Steak House prior to the show (my first time here and as been on my bucket list) sure do miss Charlie Palmer at Four Seasons anyone know if they are going to open back up?

Since my daughter is just 15 my time for gambling will be limited to:
    1. Tonight after we get all checked in at Aria.
    2. While she gets her make up done at Sephora tomorrow
    3. Maybe some after the show Thursday night.

May be a challenge to not get underwater on this comped room!

Southwest has already delayed my flight which is 7 hrs from now, that is concerning!!

• Like Like x 12
    • Love Love x 3
  2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First and foremost - hope you get to Vegas with no more SWA delays!
    Sounds like a fun plan for your daughter.
    Squeeze in that play time wherever you can.

• Like Like x 2
  3. vplover

vplover Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have fun and win!! Good luck with SWA, I'm flying with then on the 26th. Personally, I won't mind a delay since I have no plans.

4. Vegasworm

Vegasworm Finger Clicker Extraordinaire

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great quickie trip! I bet your daughter is over the moon. :headbang: Will she just chill in the room when you gamble?

Vegasworm

• Like Like x 1
  5. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At PDX expecting a 35 min delay. Planned to eat dinner here, except they have moved SWA to the new E wing and only one restaurant is open in this wing so far- and it’s got a limited COVID menu with half of those items sold out. I’m thinking I’m hangry cause this is a pretty negative post.

Plan now is for a 7:45 departure- 45 min late. Looks like there may only be 2 SWA gates open tonight.

• Wow! Wow! x 2
  6. julia

julia VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a neat trip to take your daughter to see Lady Gaga!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rooster42000

rooster42000 Goat of all Goats , My Hero

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have a great time , you are in for a great concert, :peace:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Gaggles

Gaggles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have Gaga tix for Oct 30. Love to hear how the show is from you.

I Like to Drink and Gamble
    • Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well we left about 48 minutes late and only arrived 20 min late so wind must have been on our side.
    Got checked In With no wait at the Aria invited guests desk. The clerk was impressed with my daughters bruises from the kung Fu fighting and gave us a high floor strip facing room. It’s lovely, not really needing any updates. My daughter was thrilled with the beautiful view of the strip lights at night. After a visit to the bathroom I had two flashbacks of very drunken nights in those bathrooms one for me in the floor and the other for hubby! Can’t do that this trip, just me and my daughter! Must be a “responsible parent”, I mean these are the vulnerable years (she’s 15!).
    We opted to take a quick walk to CVS for drinks. The liters of Fuji water In our room cost $24 each! That means there is $125 worth of water sitting over there on the desk! Lol
    Stopped at the Pasterrie for a few treats to have for breakfast in our room in the AM and then after depositing her and the food and bev in the room I headed for the craps tables!
    There were 5 $25 tables and 1 $50 table open.
    I chose a $25 table that was about 50% full of what appeared to be conference going types. Used the Syracuse of not playing the pass line and just buying numbers. Only played the pass line when I rolled. Both of my rolls got me the best winnings. After 2 hrs of play cashed out up $140- had to be the responsible parent and get back to the room as it was after 1am. Was pretty easy to be responsible since the cocktail waitress only came around 2x while I was there and once was as I was cashing out when she delivered the final drink.
    I have to admit I was pretty apprehensive about the $25 table but it all worked out in the end, even just buying in at $200! Yes NurseLisa is defiantly a low roller!

But I’ve been in vegas for 4 hrs and so far “I’m winner baby!!!”

• Like Like x 7
    • Love Love x 1
  10. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shoot meant to post a couple of photos!

that is $125 worth of Fuji water looking boisterous Next to my $3.19 smart water (1.5 l).

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 15
    • Love Love x 1
  11. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck, enjoy the concert tonight! Heading out on Saturday to see it, can’t wait to hear your first review so I know what to look forward to!

12. aronius

aronius High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny you mentioned the Fiji pricing, that is definitely one of the most eye roll Vegas prices out there. Good luck!

Just a quickie...
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    TORN BETWEEN TWO STEAKHOUSES……
    Well it appears I have two steakhouse dinner reservations tonight. When I was here last trip I swore I made a reservation for Bavette’s at 5pm for the night of the concert. Albeit I was quite drunk when I “thought I had did that upon returning to our room at the Nomad last month at 2am”. I never got an email or text confirmation of the Bavette’s reservation so I assumed in my stupor i forgot to confirm. Even went to the conceirge the next day to see if they could make us a reservation as there was now nothing showing as open for 10/14. “No they were all booked” I was told. So I made a reservation at Jean George at Aria.
    Late last night I got a text from Bavette’s confirming my 5pm dinner reservation.
    I also have a 5:30 Jean George dinner reservation.
    I’m leaning towards cancelling the one at Bavette’s, though I love it there, but not sure what I’d do with my daughter during that time between when dinner is over and Park Theater doors open.
    5:30 seems like perfect time if to have a nice relaxing steakhouse meal and walk to Park MGM and get into concert about 7;30pm.
    Also I’ve never eaten there and always wanted to try it.
    Am I crazy?

• Like Like x 3
  14. hb30043

hb30043 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're not crazy, they both are fantastic. If it is easier with your daughter to stay at Aria and eat at Jean-Georges then do it. And you did your good deed for the day as some lucky party will get to take advantage of your cancellation at Bavette's. Enjoy the dinner and concert and most importantly your daughter's fine achievement!

• Like Like x 1
  15. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    86CD6363-1083-4DC0-8DC4-82CA0A4DEC64.jpeg 5A9904AD-2321-4553-BAC5-7CB12CAFDB05.jpeg CA90E228-D792-4E7B-B3C3-C99D313019A8.jpeg F2509799-B597-4DC3-BA4B-4393972172EB.jpeg F2509799-B597-4DC3-BA4B-4393972172EB.jpeg 5D44C637-A4DA-423D-ADB3-40BCF937E653.jpeg Did a little strip run today. Sugar factory, Bellagio conservatory, lunch at Cosmo (Tekke Bar) and my daughter got her make up done at Sephora in prep for the show tonight. Took advantage of that 90 min to use my free play and play a little more craps. The table was cold and gave them $130 of the $140 winnings back. Ended up about even after slot play and the free play that was in my offer.
    Bellagio conservatory exit is fall and new (or at least to me). It was bears and foxes and I’ve never seen this a fall exhibit before . They have abandoned the talking tree this year.
    Here are some day pics! DAD168F9-F487-4FCB-B81B-708C1B58FCCC.jpeg
    God why is it so hard to put images in the messages @Sonya ?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
    • Love Love x 2
  16. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    18A2D456-C76C-4901-BDBE-D8B20CFEE387.jpeg

This was on the front page of the magazine in O
    our room, it’s a sign and I’m so excited about dinner tonight! Cancelled the Bavette’s reservation.

• Like Like x 4
  17. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON. I hated that thing almost as much as I hate the frog at Lake of Dreams. Almost, but not quite.

Jean-Georges is excellent, as is Bavette's, it's always tough when you can only pick one. I personally like the fried chicken at Jean-Georges a little better, but prefer the ambience at Bavette's. I'm a big fan of Bazaar, too, but it's not really worth the hike when you've got the show to go to.

Gaga's Piano Jazz show is really, really good. And Brian Newman's post-show show at NoMad is back, too. I've been meaning to go to that forever. There are seats to be had these weekend, but I don't think two together, unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  18. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    224A2544-DA76-46BC-A0BC-50856E953FAE.jpeg B1904B95-B7DE-4C99-983D-960B056682A9.jpeg DB1DEB37-11E5-43AD-87CD-D553D82F1950.jpeg EDBC42C7-8E06-4945-AE1E-71BD2DB52005.jpeg Ok I know people are waiting for a show review. It has been a whirlwind since 4:00 yesterday Eve . Will post something quick for those going to tomorrows show.
    I didn’t see the previous jazz she she did, I have only seen the Born this Way Ball tour in 2013.
    The show was of course fantastic, her voice is so incredibly she’s an amazing performer and it’s a very intimate show where she tells stories that will make you laugh as well as make you tear up. She really knows how to connect to her audience.
    She gives lots of props to the orchestra and especially Brian Newman, The piano and tenor sax player and the orchestra conductor.
    I am very exited to try to see Brian Newman’s show at Nomad sometime, he’s an amazing trumpet player!
    The show started late 8:35. So don’t get there too early. It was over at 11:00 and I was easily able to get my moody points right after the show by presenting the receipt from my phone/email at the mlife desk outside the theater.
    They require proof of vaccine, either the clear app or a photo of your vaccine card works.
    We sat in section 306 in the first row and thought the seats were GREAT! I will post a couple of “from section 306 with an iPhone 13 pro” :)
    It was so amazing to see so many types of people at the show. That’s why I love Gaga so much. She has appeal to many people: old or young, straight or gay, black, brown or white.
    She even gave a thanks to healthcare workers who helped care for people during COVID which put a little tear in NurseLisa’s eye.
    My daughter loved it even more than she expected she would. Overall an very successful trip for both of us.
    I’ll post the rest of our day, our dinner at Jean George’s and our final event Area 15 and Omega
    Mart tomorrow.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    • Love Love x 2
  19. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was looking at the photo of dragonflies hovering over a bunch of multi-colored roses atop a curved-up stem. Hmm! LOL

20. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the quick review @NurseLisa! We are getting ready to head to the airport in a few hours and are looking forward to both the Gaga show and Brian Newman after hours tonight!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.