1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Just made seven stars for first time

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Jim Maples, Oct 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Navynurse1978

Navynurse1978 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to add - when I used my trip in July the airfare was for my whole family (total of 4) to Vegas. There was an overage of $300 that I paid.

2. dbrown

dbrown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is awesome. Did they even care if everyone was over 21?

3. john_mcmillan01

john_mcmillan01 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The $1200 applies only to trips in the US, right? No London or Dubai I’m assuming. What do people recommend as the nicest/most relaxing/totally-worth-it destination in the US outside Nevada and California? Also does it have to be booked through a host and if not, what needs to be kept/presented to get reimbursed?

4. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is only USA (possibly Windsor, Canada) I would consider an Annual Retreat to Harrah's New Orleans -- particularly when the weather gets colder. You get access to great food and are walking distance from the Bourbon Street area. In lieu of a $500 folio, New Orleans loads 50,000 reward credits on your players card so if you don't use it up on that trip, you can bring it with you. Biloxi is also a drive away should you somehow get bored of New Orleans.

A Seven Stars retreat needs to be booked by a host (or possibly by calling some VIP number). I have always used a host.

To get free play reimbursement, present your ticket information to the host office at Harrah's New Orleans (near Palm Room -- former Diamond Lounge). But be warned, the hosts at New Orleans log on their computers and verify that you actually took the flight you seek reimbursement for so don't expect you can buy a cheap ticket and still get a full $1,200 reimbursement.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, we usually use our retreat to go to New Orleans. We like to add a cruise (like your 7star cruise) from the nearby port. We stay 2 or 3 days before the cruise and at least one day after at Harrah's hotel.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Navynurse1978

Navynurse1978 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    @dbrown no, my youngest son was 17

7. dbrown

dbrown Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to give another nod to New Orleans. the best part is you're not forced to use all the $500 during your stay since it's added to your rewards card. and yes, it works out real nice if you're cruising out of New Orleans. I was surprised that I was able to schedule my retreat during Mardi Gras one year (including Fat Tuesday). I assumed it would be a blackout, but I asked anyway.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many restaurants that take Rewards Points are at 2:1.
    So the $500 becomes less than that depending on where you eat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Added: Commander’s Palace for Sunday Brunch is s as always on my list of must do’s.

10. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A bit off topic but are the places that are 2:1 if you pay with RCs still 2:1 if you room charge and have a folio credit? Thinking about using some of it at Cafe Americano or some others that are 2:1. While I imagine that it would be treated as cash and 1:1 I wouldn't put it past Caesars.

11. oghuman

oghuman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It’s a very interesting point. You have $500 towards charges. If you charged $700 on the room so you pay $200 out of reward points. I think when you charge to the room they actually use money from the $500 for 2:1 charges then points for the rest. But maybe not.

12. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to use your $100 Celebratory Dinner at Eiffel Tower, you have to go to the Total Rewards desk to get a Comp Voucher. Although Eiffel Tower is 2:1, the $100 voucher is worth $100. I highly suggest the Eiffel Tower Brunch!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last few years Cafe Americano was not valid for the $500 folio credit. They used to give you a printout of what was valid, but not during Covid. I Also heard Qua at CP no longer valid for folio credit

14. EzE

EzE VUP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone do their retreat in NOLA recently? Used to be 50000 RCs and you keep leftovers but the last time I went was 2018 I think and they gave me a note with where I could go that said if you didn't use all 50000 you lose the balance.

15. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did mine in NOLA and I didn’t use any RCs. Too much good food in the city. Didn’t lose the RCs.

Bummer about Cafe Americano but I’ll be sure to ask. Taking the spa off of that would be dumb but I can’t even say I’d be surprised.

16. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A question about Harrah's New Orleans. As a 7 star can you park for free in the parking garage for a number of days even if you are not playing or staying at hotel?

17. Attaboy

Attaboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh? How can they do this? They don’t have access to a passenger manifest?

further, this is exactly what I did a couple of years ago. Booked an expensive, refundable flight, canceled, produced that reciept at the host office and got reimbursed. All the while taking a cheap flight.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  18. Attaboy

Attaboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can also confirm I did not use nor lose the reward credits I received as part of my 7-star retreat.

19. Attaboy

Attaboy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think so.

20. vegasvstr

vegasvstr VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it's automated, just scan your card. Will probably get dinged for no play. @NewOrleansSlimm had suggested awhile back valet is free and may avoid a no play ding.

For the NOLA airfare reimbursement they are now also able to do it at the regular CR window.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.