1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Experiences in Traveling to Arizona for Sport Book Promos

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by FABismonte, Oct 8, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FABismonte

FABismonte Tell my wife I am "about even."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yesterday I listened to the "Gambling with an Edge" podcast (Oct 7, 2021) where starting around the twelve minute mark Bob Dancer talked about his experience in driving from Vegas and passing by Boulder City into Arizona to make online sports bets using the new player promo.

He apparently used the route to a restaurant about 25 miles into Arizona that I had looked into and placed bets there with a buddy of his.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/location-in-arizona-near-vegas-for-online-sports-bet-question.187932/

Bob Dancer and his friend apparently made offsetting bets to avoid risk and they both cleared $4000. He had to make four trips as he had trouble logging on without a utility bill and he also was challenged making on-line banking and location detection. He made it sound like a lot of work, but he did make some serious coin.

I did something similar but I decided to drive longer to Laughlin (then cross into Arizona there) to make bets in Bullhead City last weekend. Wife and I flew into Vegas (from home in Silicon Valley, California) and were staying at the Wynn then drove our rental car to Laughlin early on Saturday.

After we got to Arizona, Ceasars/William Hill wouldn't let my wife join as they wanted a utility bill from her and we did not have one. For some reason I could sign up with no problem with Ceasars and bet the full $5000 promo amount on University of Michigan (live bet) at +2.5 pts (-105) against Wisconsin.

We also signed up both of us on Fanduel and each bet $1,000 on Purdue -1.5 pts (-108) against Minnesota.

Michigan won on a rout (yeah)!

Purdue lost in a rainstorm (boo).

So we each got a $1,000 free bet due to the Purdue lost bets.

We ate breakfast while the games were going on, and then played a little at the Aquarius and placed offsetting bets against each other on the way home to seal approx a $4000 win -- or so we thought. Instead, for some reason, Fan Duel awarded the winner of the offset bet $909 plus the original $1000. So we won almost $5,000. Not sure why because I thought the free bet was one and done but was happy to withdraw all the funds which have hit our bank accounts.

Different experience on free bets than I had when wife and I played BetMGM a few weeks ago.

https://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/index.php?threads/betmgm-open-in-arizona.187148/

One thing we learned was that much of Bullhead City, AZ is too close to Nevada to allow Arizona bets, but if one uses local Wifi there, apparently that confirms you are within Arizona.

Next time I am in Laughlin I hope to use the other sport bet promos.

Anyone else want to share their experiences?

FAB

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. 3OfDiamonds

3OfDiamonds Waiting For “Very Good” Video Poker @ Rio…

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does one need a physical bill or would an online one work? The only utility bills in my name are electronic (sent notification via email that they are available via website/app) :hmmm: Does the bill need to be presented to a person or is there some sort of online verification process (if the latter, how long does it take)?

3. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have used PDFs from my account of a bank account or utility bill and that works fine. The verification is all digital, you just have to send photos or PDFs in.

OP: Fanduel is the only one that gives you back the original bet, not just the win, on the promo bet. The others are not like this.

I am heading to Phoenix in 10 days for work, and will be clearing BetMGM and Wynn while I'm there.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information. When you mean the verification is "digital" do you mean pretty much instantly? I don't want to lurk in Arizona for a long time when I am staying at Laughlin.

5. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did Wynn in Arizona last week and lucked out with Iowa winning for 1k. Did them in TN too and both times they paid quickly. For some reason MGM wouldn't allow me to do their 1k freebet promo. Really want to do Caesars but the 5k is too rich for me right now. One of these days once the bills go down I'd love to do the rest and just see how much I can end up with.

6. The Rumor

The Rumor VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depends upon the book and situation - when I've submitted this stuff to William Hill, it seemed like someone actually did look at it before I had full approval to sign up/withdraw/whatever I was trying to do at the time. I made a change at Fanduel once where I was required to submit a photo of me holding my ID, which they also reviewed before approving my change.

7. FABismonte

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a follow up on my Sports Bet "free bet if you lose" experiences, Wife and I had the following online Sports bets made in Arizona which gave me almost immediate "free bet" credits on losing bets: Wynn bet ($1,000) ; Bet MGM ($1000), Fan Duel ($1000). I won my one initial Ceasars bet of $5000 so no need to get a "free bet." Also the Terms and Conditions allowed a delay of a few days, but there was in fact no delay for those sport books.

By contrast TwinSpires ($1000) did not give me the free bet credit until 72 hours (which was allowed under the rules) but my wife's free bet due to losing bet was not credited after a week so she had to call. That said, the credit arrived within 20 minutes of complaining. I had to schedule another trip to Arizona within a week since the bonus free bet needed to be made within a week of issuance. The good news is I bet on Michigan football v Iowa on the TwinSpires "free bet" and cashed.

8. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you know of any list of current signup bonuses for AZ? Have a bachelor party next month in AZ pending the world being on fire and then am heading to Harrahs for the 7x tier so I’ll try to clear some of these bonuses to replenish my bankroll. Used Wynn and MGM. Will do Caesar’s and fandual for starters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.