1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Giving Free Night award to friend

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Nittany1, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are heading to Aria next week with good friends .
    They have a reservation but I would like to let them use the free night I just cashed in.
    Do I have to call for him ?
    I guess he has to cancel 1 night of his paid stay and add this instead.
    Any suggestions are appreciated.
    I never used an award and have over 1 million points.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The room will be in your name, so you will need to check into the room and add him to the room as a guest.

Since he has a room the other nights, bring that up to the check in clerk and ask them to merge the reservations so he won't have to change rooms.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah i would think you would have to do this in person unfortunately. Your ID has to be seen. Add one of their names to the room if you have a king and then hand them the keys.

They will probably have to call to modify their reservation unless rates fell to save money.

4. poidawg

poidawg Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've never used a free night reward before, follow the instructions on the Reward email to book the night online. It will have to be booked through your MLife account, and the date has to be available for COMP (only certain dates avail). Once it's booked under your MLife account, I believe you can add a guest, check into the room, even get a virtual (use your phone) key all through the MGM App (maybe someone can confirm this). The only parts you may need to do in person is "connecting" your reservation to your guests so they don't need to change rooms, and adding your guest's credit card to pay the Resort Fee for the free night.

There's also selection on the App to make physical keys using a QR code. I wonder if anyone has been able to send that QR code to your guest (ie take a photo) so they can make their own keys without you there?

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did not see... but are you going to be staying at the same hotel on the same night yourself?

6. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes we will be at Aria the same time.

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks like it is going to be a pain.
    We are all (both couples ) arriving on Fri 1015
    He has a 5 night reservation with the first 3 nights being paid and the last 2 comped on a teaser offer from Aria.
    We will be arriving at the hotel together.
    So the MyVegas night would be right in the middle.

8. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions.

9. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming you're staying on an Mlife offer, you can't redeem for an MyVegas comp. night within 72 hours of that stay.

10. acali4nea

acali4nea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not going to be a pain at all if you're arriving together.

11. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems easy until you try to do it. So it’s the Sunday. It will probably be available in myVEGAS but there’s a small chance it’s not. Then you have to make sure you can combine reservations. Are the rooms the same? myVEGAS usually are the basic rooms. If you can’t do it now there’s a gap and you have to pack and unpack for just one night. It’s Sunday so you might not be able to get the room right away.If it falls apart did you do it in such a way to lock in the original booking price. You might end up rebooking at a higher price because it’s the weekend. Then again maybe the prices are lower now.

12. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He is staying Mon and Tues on an MLife offer so that solves that.
    I spoke to him last night and he did now want to take the chance of messing up hi reservation with a room in my name in the middle of their stay.
    Thanks to all for the help.
    Now I have to figure out how to redeposit those points into MyVegas.

13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you haven't redeemed the reward, there is a "cancel reward" link in the reward in your reward wallet.

Once you have redeemed it (booked a room), there are no refunds.

14. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You might be able to still get a refund for the points if you contact support with a screenshot of the cancelled reservation and ask nicely. I've had some success in the recent past. I'm not too sure now that Vegas is getting back to normal.

15. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can combine a myVEGAS comp with M life back to back for the same account. I did it a few weeks ago. The 72 hour rule is for M life offers. The system won't let you book without a gap. It gets interesting when you try to combine comps and offers from different accounts. I haven't tried myself but I've heard of people having success with the front desk or calling after booking online.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. acali4nea

acali4nea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't matter if he is staying on an MLife offer.

It matters if YOU are staying on an M-Life offer, being that it is YOUR room. He is just a guest you will be adding to your room.

If that night is available as a MyVegas comp,the only potential issue is if he has a higher tier room than the basic king or basic two queens.

If his room is a slightly better room, say one with a strip view, then that really isn't a hurdle, the $20 trick will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.