$20 Bellagio

Discussion in '$20 Trick Section' started by Sonya, Apr 28, 2015.

1. tycoon

tycoon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So it seems like it's not really worth it. Unless you want. fountain view?

I have 4 nights, Tue to Sat, Resort Tower King.

We don't really care if we get fountain view or not. So it sounds like we shouldn't bother?

2. MrPFromChicago

MrPFromChicago Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much luck do you get if you're MLife Gold getting an upgrade in general? I know one of the perks is automatic upgrades, "subject to availability", but was considering doing a $40 trick to try and motivate the front desk clerk. Currently booked a 2Q resort room semi-comp online (staying 2 nights, one is comp'd); trying to get a single king with a fountain view.

3. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    About nothing. The tier benefit excludes suites. Those upgrades are usually higher floor, view, etc - and that's usually only after you remind them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are in town Super Bowl week. Coming in on Thursday February 10th leaving on Tuesday February 15th.

We have all 5 nights comped in a Tower Fountain King. Even though it’s one of the busiest weekends of the year, I might just see if they can move us to a Salone Suite?!

Thoughts please and thank you

5. duceiswild

duceiswild Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    one of the busiest weekends of the year, especially when it comes to the number of players in town who get comped suites. I’d say on a regular weekend your chances are slim, and that weekend virtually zero. There’s actually a fair chance all of their suites will actually be sold out.

6. Check-Raise

Check-Raise High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a resort tower king w/ fountain view booked (comped + resort fees) for a Saturday - Tuesday in July, and arrived really late at night (11:00pm at the hotel). The front desk person spent a lot of time on the phone, I wasn't really sure why, until she finally broke silence and told me that my room was not ready... I was like.. what? They are still cleaning rooms at 11:00pm on Saturday night?! She instead said she was approved to give me a Bellagio Suite (no view) unless I wanted to wait. Naturally I jumped at the prospect and it ended up being a really nice setup!

I don't know if any of this information is helpful or not, but it's my only Bellagio experience with room upgrades and it felt really bizarre to me.

7. YukonSloMo

YukonSloMo MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never asked for an upgrade, but if they throw a suite at us we can always look at the fountains on tv :)

8. amanty

amanty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upcoming trip in November.

One night comped via MV app. It is currently a Resort Accessible.
    It is also Tuesday . . . I have no player status. Hoping I can side step the automated check-in and pay somebody.

What can I expect for a $50 upgrade?
    I would consider fountain views and higher floor secondary, to a suite a room upgrade.

9. Raven888

Raven888 Watanabe wannabe

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed here recently and tried the $20 trick. I had a Resort Tower King corner room. After $20 I got put in a Spa Tower King corner room. I think the view was worse and the room didn't seem as nice as the pictures online when I booked it... Maybe I offended the front desk lady by trying to bribe her??? LOL

Definitely not worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Wow! Wow! x 1
  10. Mrsous

Mrsous Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On my most recent stay I slipped her the $20 and ask if there were any complimentary upgrades to a fountain view available and was told no. We were in the resort tower originally but she moved us into an a King room in the main tower on a high floor with a beautiful view of the desert. She noticed it was my birthday & told me happy birthday. Asked if I like wine or champagne. Didnt think anything of it. 30 min later a bottle of Prosecco and cholocate covered strawberries show up at the room along with a handwritten birthday card! I’d say worth the $20!

• Like Like x 7
  11. Breezy

Breezy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Had a comp room from myVegas for Friday 1/27. I previously had a spa tower room and knew I didn't want that again, so I did the $20 sandwich and asked if there was anything with a fountain view available not in the spa tower. We were booked for the spa tower, but she moved us to a stay well room on the 23rd floor which we loved.

I don't know if the Stay well beds are different from the other beds, but that was the most comfortable bed I've ever had at a hotel.

12. GinTonic

GinTonic Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes Stay Well Beds are different ,that was one reason the front desk recommended the room to us we enjoyed it there as well , very comfy.
    Upgrade from normal King to Stay Well can be worth it as it also comes with an nice bathroom incl bathtub.

13. StormHawk

StormHawk Yuma, where I work in software.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Comped 3 nights in premier 2 queen, Tuesday-Thursday. Zero prior Bellagio room experience. Will report back with findings.

Scratch that - went with the better value play at Delano this time around.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  14. StormHawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Double scratch, back at Bellagio, Friday-Monday. Premier king comp/resort fees.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
  15. StormHawk

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Easy - 12:30pm Saturday. 3 people in line. $20 sandwich, very quick, he set it up on the counter and said he’d have to leave it, then I can give it to him if I’m happy with the service afterward.
    20th floor, just a few doors off center, fountain view. Price difference for me on MGM rewards between what I booked and this view was around $400 total for the 3-night stay

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  16. Mattay

Mattay Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be arriving on Monday 19th Feb around 10pm and have a premier king room booked for 4 nights. Will this be a quieter time to checkin and try for potential room upgrade?

17. Altomatum

Altomatum Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was booked on comp Premier King for 3 nights start of Feb (from 3/6 Feb) - managed to get Fountainview which is great (for me) for $40

• Like Like x 1