1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

COVID Testing for International Travel - Information

Discussion in 'Coronavirus in Las Vegas' started by JRRestoule, Sep 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there is a lot of great information scattered around VMB regarding international travel and the requirements that are currently in place.

As international travelling is beginning to be permitted, I thought a separate thread that specifically contains details of where testing is available on the Strip and Downtown would be very helpful and convenient... such as the location, cost, booking process, etc.

As of now the requirement to re-enter Canada is a negative test within 72 hours of flight departure time. I can imagine travelling to other countries will be the same or similar.

I've heard of a few places around the Strip to get this testing complete, such as Cosmo and the Orleans. Hoping the VMB community could share more options and details :)

-------------------------------------------------
    Moderator Note: This section is updated information on COVID-19 Testing in Las Vegas
    -------------------------------------------------

Reviv - https://revivplus.com/diagnostic-testing/

They are offering testing at Cosmopolitan and Palazzo (Grand Canal)
    PCR Test
    Appointment required (book at link above)
    $179.00

MGM Resorts - https://www.mgmresorts.com/en/open.html

They are partnered with Community Ambulance to deliver In-Room COVID-19 Testing for registered hotel guests staying at MGM Resorts destinations in Las Vegas.
    Appointment required, 8am - 8pm
    Standard PCR Test - $205 :
    Approximately 24 - 72 hours, based on lab availability

Rapid PCR Test - $230
    Approximately 20 - 30 minutes

Worksite Labs - https://worksitelabs.com/scheduling/

At The Orleans

$90 - 24 hours
    $150 - 12 hours
    $250 - 1.5 hours

This is a drive thru testing program in the parking garage. If you don't have a car, they can test you as a walk up, per their faq:
    https://support.worksitelabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/360061316713-Can-I-get-a-COVID-test-if-I-don-t-have-a-car-

OptimuMedicine - Near Orleans
    https://www.optimumedicine.com/covidtesting

$199 - Rapid COVID 19 Active Virus (RT-PCR); once a sample is collected, results take approximately 30 minutes
    $149 - 20 Minute Rapid COVID 19 Molecular Active Virus (NAAT)
    $99 - Antigen Test - results take approximately 15 minutes

AeroPlan and Switch Health - Self Administered Tests
    https://switchhealth.ca/en/partners/aeroplan/#collectionKits

These are tests you purchase ahead of time and self-administer while on video conference with someone supervising you.

$`149 for AeroPlan Members - RT LAMP Test Kit

Updated 10/25/21

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jay in Victoria

Jay in Victoria Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While I've read there are some places you can get the PCR test (required for return to Canada) for free, the best price I've found is WorkSite Labs located at the Orleans. $90US. You book in advance and pay when you book. Keep in mind the 72 hours is from the date of your scheduled departure. It also depends on connecting flights, and if those are in the US or Canada. For example, my connecting flight is through Seattle, so it's actually that departure time I need to measure from, not the Vegas departure time. I think the Revive test at the Cosmo is $179. If you are staying at the Cosmo, that's certainly more convenient. However, I like to pop into the Orleans so I'd likely be heading there anyway. What other info are you looking for?

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The test at Reviv in either Cosmo or Palazzo is currently 179.

4. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd imagine there may be a few more spots popping up over the next month or so with international travel picking up.
    I'm interested in a downtown spot if any as I will be there in the period when I'd need my test done.

5. JRRestoule

JRRestoule VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anybody know if you are able to cancel the Orleans test if things fall through? I’m just asking bc it looks as though you have to pay upfront. Hoping it wouldn’t be a total loss if flights get cancelled or positive test before leaving Canada.

6. CalifLovesVegas

CalifLovesVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can buy monitored test kits thru Emed or Optum. Costs approx $35 each.

Long story short, this is the route many of us are going for upcoming cruises.
    There are 2 different kinds of test kits, but you Must use the one that is Monitored/Proctored,
    or it doesn't count.
    You get rapid results in 15 mins. Can bring Test kit with you & test wherever.

Make sure to have an extra Test with you in case anything happens, like you spill the liquid,
    or Monitor can't see you for a bit so he invalidates the test... etc.

There are several ways to watch how the tests are done online.
    We are doing this test before our upcoming cruises, cuz the cruiselines want results
    within 2 days. And many of the tests give you results in 2-3 days., which is no help here.

7. Whilestockslast

Whilestockslast Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Recent changes to travel for the vaccinated Uk residents from October from the USA back to the UK involves only a lateral flow test 2 days after returning - so all that pain in the backside whilst in Vegas and cost has been removed - leaving just a test into the USA prior to departure by 72 hours and the day two test upon return which both have to be paid for. All we need now is a date of when we can enter the USA in November

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello,

Heading to the WSOP at the end of Oct.

Does anyone have info on turnaround time for these tests? At the orleans or cosmo?

I'm surprised CVS or walgreens on the strip isn't doing them too?

Thanks

Jeremy

9. Jay in Victoria

Jay in Victoria Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if you read from the folks who have had either the Worksite Labs or the Revive test - most receive their results in 24-48 hours.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I moved this to the COVID Section. I'll try to get a sticky going, or edit the first post to have information there for a sticky when I get some time.

• Like Like x 2
  11. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my test results from Reviv at Cosmo a little over 24 hours after testing @pokerbucketlist

• Like Like x 1
  12. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When do you show your tesdt to return results? Do you show them at the air canada or westjet counter, or not until you land in Canada?

I booked a test at cosmo for 11AM 2 days before my 1:00 pm flight. They only guarantee the results 48 hours from 4:00 on day of test, so I have 45 hours from take off, but 42ish from getting to the counter.

I'm guaranteed to have them when I land but not when I check in at the counter...... (but that would be nervewracking)
    Thanks

Jeremy

13. gr8whitenorth

gr8whitenorth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For departure from the US to Canada you show your negative results and your ArriveCAN code at the agent when dropping bags. They will put a checkbox on your boarding pass so that the gate agents know it has all been verified. I am not sure if you are able to self drop bags or not as we used the agent to drop our bags.

In Canada upon our return we were asked for nothing at all related to testing or ArriveCAN. Only standard customs questions.

Our tests were taken at 1:45pm on a Saturday and came in at 9:15am on Sunday. I have not heard of anyone tested through Reviv taking up to 48 hours.

14. Slowpoke 2021

Slowpoke 2021 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In August, I was tested at REVIV at Cosmo and received my test results about 30 hours later. The WJ agent at the check-in counter checked the results before issuing a boarding pass.

I had uploaded the negative results to the ArriveCAN app but the customs agent at YVR made me show both the negative test result and proof of vaccination upon arrival.

15. pressitagain

pressitagain VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was required to show PCR test prior to boarding plane in LV.

What would happen if you tested positive while in flight back to Canada???

• Like Like x 1
  16. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have said, you MUST show the results in Vegas before boarding as well as complete in ArriveCAN. So far, everyone on the Canadians traveling to Vegas thread who tested at Reviv got their results around 24-30 hours after testing . We were around 26 hours as I recall.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. vegasgolfgamble

vegasgolfgamble Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent responses from many travelers, but I think what we need, as travelers is what JRRestoule has given, which are the links to various testing locations around Vegas so everyone can read what are the actual requirements and procedures at various facilities.
    I would also like to give a shout out to Sonya for all the time required to produce this website with all the excellent information on everything from soup to nuts !!

19. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you not see this?
    Those links were put there by me and I keep adding to it as I find more information.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rookies11

Rookies11 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With a return flight to Toronto on Tuesday, I pre booked and used the Orleans site early Sunday morning (before the NFL, of course). EVERYTHING was Easy Peasy and despite klutzing my first attempt, had the Negative result by 6:00p.m.

All entered in the Arrive Can App last night.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.