1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Wolfgang Puck redemption question

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by acali4nea, Sep 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acali4nea

acali4nea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    has anyone redeemed one of these lately? Do you have to bring the print-out or can you just give the server your redemption code?

2. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've just told it to them. Done it about 5 times now. The last time was MGM Grand Aug 15. I dine solo so I get the second entree to go. One time I got everything for takeout at Bar and Grill and two times at Lupo. Sometimes they let me get away with one cocktail instead of two drinks. YMMV on this though.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  3. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It definitely has been a more recent addition to their terms and conditions for the Bar & Grill reward... my guess is that there has been some abuse of the reward at the Bar & Grill and they are making sure that there is no theft going on (Lupo hasn't added it to theirs). If they ask for it on paper you should bring it to be safe. If they take it directly from the phone consider yourself lucky, but don't be surprised if a manager has to get involved and don't be upset if they deny it. That language doesn't get added just because they are trying to make it difficult for customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not recent since it's been there since at least Jan and I've gone at least five times without having a paper copy. Both places, different people at each. I have it on my phone ready for them but they never check names or anything. They do use the codes because they show as redeemed in the app. Honestly it doesn't seem like they care about abuse. I've never had a problem with the service and all the workers are pretty cool. The rewards get resupplied often. It's not hard to get.

There are a lot of annoying inconsistencies with Playstudios reward terms. They have a lot of old information.

5. acali4nea

acali4nea Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The language has been there for years. It has always said that you need to bring the printed confirmation. I was asking because I haven't used a wolfgang reward in probably 3+ years.

The two drinks could be sodas? Or are they supposed to be alcoholic drinks?

6. midliferetired

midliferetired VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think sodas are okay. I can’t remember if I ever did sodas. It would be weird if they required alcohol. Not every adult drinks alcohol.

7. ATLMM

ATLMM High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me Jan is recent, lol, that's the reward I've been using regularly since my first trip to Vegas about 7 years ago. I was shocked when I saw that language pop on it (I always check the T&C) because I used to always have no problem using it on the phone. Like I said if they take it off the phone when the T&C says print it out then you're lucky. The adherence to the T&C has varied over the years from totally relaxed on the entrée qty requirement to strict enforcement of it.

All it takes is a strict manager or server (or one in a bad mood) and they have every right to deny it. Phone codes are something that servers can use to their advantage to steal money from the company. The restaurants I've worked at have gone from not caring about servers writing down code numbers, to having to fire someone for theft, to having every phone code having to be checked and signed off by a manager. With the paper version no manager has to get involved because the server has the physical proof for their drop. Usually after the problem person gets weeded out things calm down and they relax the restrictions again. If in doubt, verify you can use it on your phone before you sit down. If anything they probably found a rhythm to verify and void the code number in real time from a phone code to make sure that the server isn't writing down any old number to get a POS swipe to steal.

8. TXTriper

TXTriper Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw the fine print when we used an MGM one (had previously used at MB) back in 2018 (19?), and had a printed copy with us. September last year, as we walked up we remembered we needed a printed copy. Rather than ask, we walked over the FedEx business center by check-in, and spent about $4 printing it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.