1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flights to Vegas

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Jimbo Swisher, Sep 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo Swisher

Jimbo Swisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying to book at trip to Vegas for me and some friends and I noticed flights are $700+. I am flying out of Cleveland around early to late next year. Would it be better to wait to book? I have never seen flights this high before, is it like this all around the country?

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MHO would be that:

1) if you HAVE to go on those dates, and
    2)You can afford to tie up $700+
    3)You are traveling on an Airline like SWA, where cancel/rebook isn't a problem

I'd book now, just to have a flight.

Otherwise, I'd just wait. Airfares are THAT high, depending on origination/destination and dates.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "early to late next year" is a pretty wide range.

$700 sounds ridiculous for a coach seat.

This is a calendar of one-way non-stops CLE -> LAS in January and February from Orbitz. It looks like Spirit and Frontier have the only non-stops. I think they both make you pay for everything but the seat as add-ons, but still it's hard to see how you get to $700 RT unless you picked very unfortunate dates.

upload_2021-9-25_12-57-32.png

I don't necessarily disagree with @DaiLun. The key phrase he used that you have to pay close attention to is "tie up $700." The problem with booking a high price is that, even with relaxed change and cancellation policies, if YOU initiate a cancel or change in order to rebook at a lower price, you won't get a refund, the difference in price will be tied up in travel credits with an expiration date.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. LvBlitzforce

LvBlitzforce VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How in the world is it coming up to 700+?

I just put in a random date next year and it was 120 roundtrip and to me that seems a bit high lol

5. PaiGow

PaiGow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just booked Spirit yesterday for January 12th to the 19th for $61 round trip. (This doesn't include a bag but I probably won't bring one as I just load up a backpack that's free.)

• Wow! Wow! x 1
  6. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You didn’t mention any specific airline but if you are looking at one or two, maybe, if you haven’t already, sign up with the airline for some notifications for any destinations that you are looking at.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Folks here are really great at helping... but you have to help as well.

You dates are very vague - Jan and Dec are early and late next year.
    What airlines did you look at?
    Is $700 each way, or RT?
    And as always, dates can make a big difference.

EDIT - to add I am guessing you did not look at SWA - as Jan/Feb shows most flights under $200 one way... some as low as $109

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  8. Hyperfocal

Hyperfocal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did a test booking on Southwest from CLE-LAS in mid January and am seeing $109 each way for some flights.

As others have said, exact dates always make a difference.

9. blissfulignoramus

blissfulignoramus 3:2, nothing else will do

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in a small remote city in the northeast, so I can’t get to Vegas nonstop unless I drive 2 hr+ to a Southwest city. I’m shopping now for flights in May/June 2022, Friday to Monday, and yeah, $700ish RT for a select itinerary sounds about right (one connection, leaving very early Friday for late morning Vegas arrival, returning on Monday departing at a late morning time that won’t bust my hungover butt). Prices are probably the highest I have ever seen, but not by a remarkable amount. I think if prices go down it will be because external factors (economic downturn, C-word) force it. I also just booked some tickets to Florida for next year, and it was more expensive than ever.

I’m sure I could come up with something cheaper but for a weekend trip like that I want the itinerary I want, with no fuss going to some remote airport. One thing I noticed was that although their lowest fares are pretty high, Delta has changeable tickets at a reasonable price. I might go with that, during “these annoying as &*$% times when you think everything is going to be ok and then suddenly the rug gets pulled out from under you.” It helps that I have amassed a lot of CC miles not traveling for almost two years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.