1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Questions: Ballys/Paris

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Vanessa Allen, Sep 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanessa Allen

Vanessa Allen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone:

Background Information
    October 24 - 30
    Ceasars Diamond Member
    Bally's on Sunday, Oct. 24
    Paris from Monday, Oct. 25 - Saturday, Oct. 30
    Bally's Room Type: Resort Room
    Paris Room Type: Burgundy Room Eiffel View
    Super Excited

Questions:

1. Any better Category of Room for Bally's and Paris?
    2. Is the Diamond Check-in Line available at both hotels?
    3. Are the Diamond Lounges open at any Ceasar's Properties?
    4. We are arriving early on Sunday and will likely be ready to head to Paris early...when can we likely check in?
    5. Best to take a Taxi or Uber from the Airport?
    6. Any upgrade shots? Just ask?
    7. Alot of Sold out hotels the week we will be there...something going on?

Feel free to share any information with me....it has been about 8 years since we have been to Vegas...it is our 24th trip there. We love it and plan to head back in February 2022 for the Super Bowl....super excited.

Thank you all in advance

2. Sfgiants13

Sfgiants13 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The end of hallway rooms are bigger but besides suites not really

should be. Not sure of the separate room at Bally’s but Paris is open. A separate line would be in its place

I did have to wait last time I stayed at Paris when I got there around 11. They usually get me in early but not last time. They also didn’t call like they said they would when it was ready which was annoying.

Uber is cheaper

Maybe End of hallway Eiffel view but that’s likely it

not sure

• Like Like x 1
  3. thegov2k2

thegov2k2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Raiders are home on the 24th, I'm sure that is a contributing factor to hotels being sold out.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at Paris Monday thru Saturday a few weeks ago. We were told the Diamond checkin room would be open, but due to our flight being cancelled and having to take a later flight, we didn’t arrive until almost 10:30pm. The Diamond room was closed, but there was a separate Diamond line, and there was only one person ahead of us, so we got checked in pretty quick. Had a regular Burgundy room, and it was very nice.
    All Diamond lounges in Vegas are currently closed. As for the one at Paris, they are in the process of converting it into a Vanderpump Lounge.
    During the week, most food places in Paris are closed by 10pm, so plan accordingly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1. Any better Category of Room for Bally's and Paris?
    Obviously suites but otherwise not much.
    2. Is the Diamond Check-in Line available at both hotels?
    Yes, but not ALWAYS
    3. Are the Diamond Lounges open at any Ceasar's Properties?
    No
    4. We are arriving early on Sunday and will likely be ready to head to Paris early...when can we likely check in?
    Go ahead & check in; you can check your bags & they will call you when the room is ready, usually late afternoon, especially on a Sunday
    5. Best to take a Taxi or Uber from the Airport?
    I hate cabs in Vegas but for the last year they are more reliable & almost as cheap
    6. Any upgrade shots? Just ask?
    Checking in on Sun/Mon--ABSOLUTELY. JUST ASK. A $20 bill in your hand never hurts...
    7. Alot of Sold out hotels the week we will be there...something going on?
    Raiders

• Like Like x 1
  6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed on all counts except for this -- Uber can be cheaper, but check in advance. Now that surge pricing is back with a vengeance, it can get ridiculous. I've spent way, way more on an Uber (because I had to go off-Strip and I can't get a taxi from my doctor's office) than I would have on a taxi. However, the taxi lines at LAS can get pretty crazy sometimes. I would just check what the lines look like and what the fares are.
    100%. The worst they can do is say "no". I've checked in pretty early a million times, and usually no wait, if any.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MCann

MCann I can't complain, but sometimes I still do...

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check the uber and or Lyft apps when at the airport, or schedule ahead of time (though I don't recommend this because of how flexible airline schedules have become). A cab is $24 flat rate between Ballys or Paris and the airport in either direction. Uber will at the lowest be about $13 but has full surge pricing in effect now. I just shared in another TR that when I arrived a couple weeks ago on saturday afternoon, uber showed 13 and change, but by the time bags started coming out had gone up in the $60 range for the cheapest option, then went down to low 20s just 10 minutes later. Just check when you're ready and see how much and what the wait time is, and know that a cab fare is exactly $24 so you can decide at the time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's another excellent point, surge pricing can come out of nowhere lately. I think I posted this already, but recently I had to go to my bank. I have to use Uber on off-Strip trips because there aren't many other options. The trip there was $10, the trip back (20 minutes later) was $24.

9. jpfromla

jpfromla RFB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at Bally’s now. Had few issues, most part everything good. Checked in at 12:15 on Thursday in the Diamond checkin. Three clerks were waiting to help. No Laurel Lounges- say goodbye forever. Used four drinks tix everyday and the bartenders poured good drinks. Food options minimal. Only the food court on the Bally’s was open. Had to go to Paris side for food ( lobby coffee spot was open). Housekeeping was good, cleaned room one day when we requested not to. Like Bally’s rooms better, bigger and refrigerator.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cardeater

Cardeater Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The flat airport rated make the taxis a good option now. I'd check Uber both to and from airport and only take it if it's comparable to the taxi price. Saturday night, Uber wanted $30-40 to go to airport from Paris. Flat rate is $23 according to this site:

https://www.lasvegashowto.com/taxi-zone-fare

I had an interesting experience. I decided to take the bus since I needed the exercise. Was at the Tropicana and Las Vegas Blvd stop at 6:50pm. Bus was scheduled for 7:04. I ended up talking to a guy who was also headed to airport. The 201 bus showed and all the locals got on. CX never came.

I probably would have just killed 50ins since my flight was still a few hours away. The guy said he was gonna take a cab. I asked to share one and he agreed and we walked to Tropicana hotel.

There were several in the taxi line and everyone was complaining bc no taxis were coming by. In contrast, cabs were lined up by Paris but line had 20-30 people. The people ahead gave up and took a ride share.

A taxi finally pulled up to drop someone off that obviously had come from airport. We ended up taking that. Sadly the airport lounge was closed when I got there (Priority pass.in D gates closed at 8. One at T3 E2 gate says 10pm but that section of the airport was closed).

Anyway, in the future, I'd take a taxi from Paris if I Uber is on a high surge.

Diamond or 7* is huge too bc you can skip the 30 person line

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AllenAndRossi

AllenAndRossi VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Electric Daisy Carnival last day is the 24th. Raiders play at home the 24th. And it's Halloween week. All that is going to contribute to higher rates. You'll never convince me that a Raiders home is going to sell out every room on the strip. Higher rates for Thursday to Monday, sure.

Expect Sunday and a lot of Monday to be a shit show.

You're only at Bally's one night. Not worth even bothering trying for an upgrade there.

I would see if you can get a late checkout Monday at Bally's. Then walk over to Paris and see if you can check in there. That will allow you to leave your belongings in your Bally's room and until you check in at Paris. Might work out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Vanessa Allen

Vanessa Allen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all so much. Advice and information so very appreciated. We will likely do the Taxi....they always ask about highway or strip....which should we choose when leaving the airport?

I don't know how to "Like" comments....but know that I appreciate each response....

13. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't matter which way they take anymore. Since it's a flat fee, no matter how they go it will cost the same.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Burnsie

Burnsie VP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Current fixed taxi rate from McCarron to Bally's is $23.00

• Like Like x 1
  15. greekjim

greekjim King Gyro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I took a cab from the airport to Cromwell yesterday and the guy wanted $28, that bastard

16. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

That would be correct to Cromwell. The dividing line is Flamingo Rd. Anything north of that, the price is $28.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I told you to stay at Bally's. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Vanessa Allen

Vanessa Allen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow...how things have changed. My BIL told me a few years back he paid $40 to the Luxor and another friend flew in later and paid $27. Glad to hear about the Flat Fee.

Are there flat fees for going Downtown from the Strip? Also is it normally a little cool during the latter part of October?

19. Skyler

Skyler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No flat fees for anywhere else. The weather is usually much cooler at the end of Oct. Best time all year to be there IMO!

20. ebonecapone

ebonecapone Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.