1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

9/20-23 Downtown LV Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Renaldow, Sep 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Good morning!

I'm up earlier than usual and drinking a cup of coffee before pulling it all together and heading to the airport. I've got a mid morning flight to Vegas that should get me boots on the ground at Fremont St. by 12:30pm. Luckily, I only live about 20 minutes away from the airport, so I'll call rideshare to get me there a bit later. On a 2 day trip, it's cheaper to park at the airport, but for a 3 day trip, rideshare and parking are about the same price so I just do rideshare so I don't have to worry about it.

I'm going to attempt to do a live trip report, so we'll see what that actually means. There have been a lot of great live reports lately and I don't think I can live up to those.

Pets

I have no pets who are going to miss me, but here's a pic that's got something for everyone!

[​IMG]

Plans

I'm double booked with comps into The D and The Fremont tonight and tomorrow then on Wednesday I'll move to The Plaza. I'll check into both D and Fremont later and stay at whichever one has the best room. I wouldn't have bothered with 2 rooms, but as I understand it, Boyd requires you to be checked in to get your gambling and F&B $$, so that's on them. Since there's no resort fees on these rooms and they're 100% free, if I have to get one to take free money, so be it.

Which room will I take? At the end of the day, the one with the fridge probably. We'll see. Oddsmakers are calculating now! If I can get a Corner King at D again, I'll be happy but I'm not expecting that. May try a $20 sandwich.

Tonight I'm meeting up with another VMBer for dinner at Andiamo's. Not going to name them as I haven't found out if they want to be part of a trip report or not yet. Then I'll probably be playing VP and some slots at The D, Fremont and 4Q. Might try to make it over to Binion's later, we'll see.

Tuesday is going to be playing in the afternoon, then I've got show tickets for the comedy magic stylings of Mike Hammer at the Canyon Club at 4Q that night.

Wednesday's going to be about exploring the Plaza and seeing what the night time action at Circa's like.

So really, three days of bumming around Downtown playing and drinking. I'm looking forward to trying a couple Crown Royal drinks at Bar Canada and people watching at the Long Bar.

This is the first time I've attempted a live trip report, so please bear with me! I'll try to get some great pics in here over the next 3 days, but I also tend to get wrapped up in what I'm doing so things get away from me.

• Like Like x 11
  2. 5squaredeb

5squaredeb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent! Can't wait to follow along!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's some impressive planning :nworthy:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gratuitous shoe on carpet pic at PDX. No idea why this is a Portland tradition, but whatever. At the gate early, but it's packed. I bet it's a full flight. 16321511907776634594999677754154.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMG_20210920_120758_01.jpg On the ground, escalator pic failed, but you can enjoy this shot

• Like Like x 2
  6. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got an early check in at Fremont. The room is small and is on the 7th floor near Fremont. I'll check in at The D later. I need to eat and play some first.

IMG_20210920_130641.jpg IMG_20210920_130641.jpg IMG_20210920_124701.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  7. vegas superfan

vegas superfan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You no longer need to check into Boyd for freeplay, just dining. Before MSS reopened, the dining choices were so dismal I didn't use it.

Wishing you lots of luck!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck!

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got busy doing Vegas and thought this had sent:

Checked into the D. It's just the standard room, but it's 21 floors up and away from Fremont, so I'm staying here. I like the huge tv and fridge at Fremont, but that was room is going to be so loud, it doesn't matter.

I spent an hour at the Vue bar on vp, broke even, got nothing with my free play, and won $25 on one of those boring Green machines that just tell you what you've won.

Dinner at Andiamos with @steveks225 . Great meal! I had the gorgonzola crusted NY bone in steak and a baked potato.

played a bit after dinner, no pics as iI forgot my phone in the room, but nothing amazing. Doing good though, checked my bank roll and I'm up $65. Not the biggest, but I'll take it. Mainly played the dragon Fu game with coins.

It's an early night tonight. I've been moving since 6am, and the cw service tonight hasn't been that great. So, I'm in the room conserving energy, watching Penn and Teller, hydrating and plan for a full day tomorrow. IMG_20210920_172130.jpg IMG_20210920_151554_1.jpg

IMG_20210920_172130.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Obviously I have a lot to learn about posting pics from my phone

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mr Bulldops

Mr Bulldops VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not a Boyd fan, but I think they did they best that they could with those Fremont rooms. Take note of the full shower door... CC: The D, Downtown Grand, Plaza, Harrah's

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. RedChip

RedChip VIP Guppy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like a good day. Being up any amount is outstanding. Continued luck!

One night at the Gambling Hall...
    ...followed by two nights downtown
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree. The rooms would be fantastic if they were a smidge bigger, especially the bathroom. It's like a half bath they crammed an entire bathroom into.

14. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Early night means an early morning! I was up at 7a and drinking a coffee by 8am.

Went into the D's high limit area to play multi hand vp. No big wins, but I played for about 40 minutes. Got to the breakfast of champions too.

IMG_20210921_085902.jpg

The machine kept teasing royals but never paid off.

IMG_20210921_083443.jpg

IMG_20210921_083623.jpg

After that I walked over to check out Binions. Still think it's kinda meh, but somehow played their Madonna machine for about an hour while drinking more bloody marys. Then headed over to Fremont where I got a ticket stuck in the machine and needed a slot tech to come help. Nothing special, played a couple games didn't win, drank some... It's Vegas.

Taking a break and deciding what to do next. I think I'll probably get lunch and head back to the D for some video poker. No big wins, down some, but still playing off of yesterday's bank roll, so I'm happy. I've got several royals and a few jackpot handpays coming up, I can feel it!

• Like Like x 5
  15. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ran into a buddy of @Ty's when I left The Fremont.

IMG_20210921_113648.jpg

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dinner at Andiamo's, brunch at American Coney IMG_20210921_132001.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  17. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The dog and fries look mighty tasty.

I hope you gave my friend a hug.

• Funny Funny x 5
  18. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I helped him adjust his mask.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sitting in QQQQ waiting for the Mike Hammer comedy magic show to open and playing Pinball. Got a couple pinballs, but no big wins. IMG_20210921_174314.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  20. Renaldow

Renaldow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think my elementary school auditorium was bigger and better appointed than the Canyon Club at 4Q, but I guess it's the show that matters.

I've always been a fan of magic, so Mike Hammer will be fun regardless. I read quite a few ancient tomes by Mr Tarbell when I was a kid, if that means anything to some of you. I love to recognize new takes on the old illusions.

My elementary school didn't have as good of a bar though....

IMG_20210921_184742.jpg

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.